Goodbye, friends!

I’d like to preface this with saying I get overly attached to my toons, so changing them is very very hard.

I’m throwing in the towel on Monks. They have changed so much since their initial iteration and I don’t think it’s a malicious change by Blizzard. I just believe what they want from Monks is a super entry level friendly and fun class to play. The consistent thing I’ve noticed in forums across all specs is that the decision making has almost all been removed and it is much simpler than it used to be. I agree. I don’t even think that’s necessarily a “bad thing”, but it’s just different from the Monk I fell in love with in MoP. Therefore, Monks getting the rework many of us so desperately hope for is most likely just not in the cards for us. We just aren’t raid/m+ characters. We are a M+/PvP class that someone new to raid healing can come on and have a degree of success.- from the anecdotal feedback I’ve read

I’m not saying we won’t be able to perform, but I’ve already had conversations about raid comps (which is now more important than ever after the M+ gear change) where I was asked not to play MW. I’m not a “high end” raider, so the fact that’s being asked for me is troubling.

RIP my Gnome friend. Your spirit will be born anew.

Also, I’d like to put this poll here from the beta forums.

“Your Monk Intentions for Shadowlands!”

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-monk-class-changes/490702/580?u=nojoke-sargeras

18 Likes

Yeah, playing WoW for raiding alone is why we have a dead game. We really need to move past instanced content, it’s an MMORPG.

6 Likes

I have to agree. I’ve been a die-hard monk main since day 1 of MoP. But after disappointing changes xpac after xpac… I no longer see raiding as a non-brew monk as viable.

I agree that we really should have more interesting content than raiding. There’s a whole freaking world with two versions of an off-world out there. Surely more engaging quest lines could be developed without employing in WQ grind.

7 Likes

I fell the same way. I love the monk but I just can’t do it anymore. I’ve feel like I suffered through the last two expansions just to have blizz disappointment me yet again. It’s been fun but my monk is officially retired.

1 Like

I’m sorry it’s come to this friend. I usually despise “I’m quitting” threads, but this one stands apart in a good way.

Just curious, but what class are you switching to?

3 Likes

Is it weird that my brain is playing “Goodbye my Friend” by the Spice Girls every time I look at this post?

2 Likes

I have the same curiosity

I appreciate that. I am going priest :slight_smile: I stopped playing Priest in MoP in favor of the Monk, but I think I’ll start fresh character and give Disc a shot. I always liked the idea of Disc so hopefully it will be as fun as I hope, ha! Also, it has 2 healing specs so it will act as an extra buffer that I’ll ever drop out of relevance again :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’m also leaning on priest;

• Disc is always top shelf raiding.
  • Holy is basic but powerful throughput.
  • And I’d like to give the new shadow a shake. It really looks exciting.

I wish I could say the same about MW/WW.

3 Likes

Sorry you’re dropping your monk. Even more sorry you’re being benched by your raid grp for being a monk. We’re no CE mythic raiding guild. We’re aotc focused and we truely bring the person and not the class. We’ve earned AOTC each tier since our creation.

Maybe look for a new raid grp, or heck, even come raid with us before shelving a character you love.

3 Likes

I LOVE disc and the new shadow is supposed to be a true rot spec again. I love DOTs.

I’m sorry to hear you’re dropping your monk. I pray that you get the opportunity to come back to this class someday when it gets treated the right way.

I find disc to be very fun. Given your support of fistweaving, I think you’ll thoroughly enjoy it. And disc will always have a raid spot as long as barrier and pain suppression exist.

Good luck moving forward! We will hope to see you around again.

We were Gods back in the day, I remember when mist weaver had mist walk and was untouchable and WW could dish out insane dps enough to make any player think twice about engaging a WW monk and we just melted adds in dungeons. I hardly had to play my alts cause I had all I needed in one class.

1 Like

I just listened to it and now I do too. I’m also picturing flashbacks of all our monk characters fading out into memories. LMAO too perfect!

1 Like

Same. I kept hanging onto hope for big changes for this expansion…but this close to shadowlands with so many bugs and so many problems. touch of karma BS. No talent rework. Still not scaling with our own abilities or with covenant abilities…I give up. I give on on this character/class that I want to love so badly.

4 Likes

Super original and thoughtful post. Thanks for your contribution.

All this gnomes power belongs to me now.

The devs love raiding. So that’s where bulk of the money, time and energy go. Everything else comes after if they have time.

I prefer M+ and PvP. Don’t really care for raiding that much.

2 Likes

Same. I’ll do Heroic Raiding if I find the right guild. I joined BFA too late for much raiding but I did clear up to Nya on my Paladin on Heroic.

My main focus is also Arena and M+ dungeons(w/ just a sprinkle of raid, if I’m in the mood).

3 Likes

This was a great response :slight_smile:

1 Like