Good, unkilable, pvp healer/dps

What is the best healer in pvp that can hold it’s own and survive? I am going healer primarily to not die and want to be invincible while healing my team, but I would like to be able to put out reasonable damage as well so I don’t just turtle in 1v1.

Will pbly be playing with a warrior or rogue friend.

There is no healer that does everything.

Paladin is the best at not dying but you won’t really be able to put out much damage. You can win vs melee specs in a pure 1v1 by outlasting them

Priest is probably the best all around but you can kinda get steamrolled if melee connect to you and you aren’t ready/get no peels. Good offense tho.

Shaman is a pure offensive healer. The way you survive is by killing people first.

Druid has good survivability and is very elusive you can kite laps around people trying to kill you but your offence isn’t very potent, you widdle people down and outlast them.

7 Likes

Even healers can die 1v1. But paladins are the most durable of the healers. However, they’re far from “unkillable” or “invincible.” And you sacrifice nearly all your damage to gain that durability as a holy paladin.

1 Like

well uh, everyone plays each class differently to some degree. at its base level, paladins get plate armor and shields, have resistance auras for fire shadow and cold, heals take 1.5 seconds to cast, they are about as close to unkillable as you can get. holy paladin geared in pvp will usually stand in a central area and heal their party members locking down a certain area of a battleground. in world pvp you want to just wear whatever the best gear you have. and hope the other dude doesnt.

shaman. you provide the greatest offensive power while keeping your team alive. not only that, raid guilds beg you to join their group and will funnel gear to you.

What you want is a Balance/Resto or Resto/Feral Druid in TBC.

1 Like

Paladins carry period

Paladin, hands down. Best as pure pvp healer, not dps

Paladins: almost there … LoH … !@#@!#@!#. two minutes later … almost there … bubble ->heal-> heal-> heal … #@$@!#@#. Another two minutes later -

• Spell class : Almost there … Finally. !@#@#$ Paladins.
  • Melee class : BoP -> bandage or heal. !@#@!## @#!@# !#!@# PALADINS!

Paladin > priest > druid > shaman

1 Like

What you are asking for just does not exist in Classic, healers in Classic are powerful but they are not playable raid bosses. I know it sounds crazy, but healers are actually reasonably balanced in Classic, they can crank out great healing, but at the same time can be had in a 1v1 if they are not careful.

You are dependent on your partner or team to peel you to stay alive, the pace of PVP in Classic is very fast, and will take some adaptation compared to that level 85 or later game play that you may be accustom too.

This is true. Battles or usually over in a minute or less. Even if it’s evenly match (rare) people will go OOM and it will be more about who can replace bodies on the field fastest. So nodes on AB and AV can be very difficult to take with people ressing nearby to replace.

Very bursty damage.

1 Like

Healers are no where near as invincible as they are in retail. In Classic your team needs to protect you, not the other way around.

5 Likes

haha thats for sure. infinite mana, heals heal for 1/4 of your health. 10 different cooldowns. youre just limited by how fast you can press buttons

1 Like

You’re ignorant my friend.

This is classic. Nearly everyone is going to get blown up in pvp almost instantly. nobody is unkilable in classic.

The only answer though is really paladin.

1 Like

As a PvP hesler, being tanky is far more important than offensive capability. This is why Pallies are the best choice for PvP healing. Hell, I’m a 0/31/20 Raidtankadin, but I have a full set of t1, and am usually the takiest healer in the BG.

Now if you REALLY wanna be effective in PvP as a Healer, go Pally and get Gnomish ENG. Arms Warrs and Rogues hate the Shrink Ray, and Casters hate the Battle Chicken. Everyone but Mages and Druids hates the Net-O-Matic Projector.

Absolutely not true

so the OP wants to be unkillable…have great heals…and still do lots of damage. Thank god there is no such class in classic…it would be stupid.

Oh and everyone saying “paladins” those things die fast af too…they live exactly 12 seconds longer than other healers.

@msin Even a Resto Shammy, who likely the most offensive healer in Classic, isn’t going to do very much damage unless they stop healing. We make the bars go right. Let the DPS make them go left. You can’t do that, however, if you’re dead.

@Bumpiez As a Pally who heals in PvP, I only pop bubble if I’m being focused by 4 or more. For anything less than that, we have several other tools to help us survive.

Oh, and bubble lasts 12sec, not 10. =)

To be fair, they said reasonable so that they aren’t forced to turtle.

I actually consider priest and druid being alright at playing offense and defence through dots. Resto shaman is quite defenceless because of a lack of cc and sharing a school of magic with bolts and heals. Ele provides high burst while still remaining an effective healer depending on gear.