Good thing MWs got buffed

https://imgur.com/a/9rL8wNB

yea resto druids b tier seems very accurate, all around great list there

6 Likes

i don’t like dwayne either but this list was obviously made by gotheels, cmon

5 Likes

Almost everything here is so inaccurate, I don’t even know where to start.

Hpal still better than rdruid. Who would’ve thought :sneezing_face:

it’s ladder representation not the author’s personal opinion

It was fairly obvious that the changes to mistweaver were only going to make them a better version of the worst healer.

I really dont’ think mistweaver is that bad, the problem is other healers are just better.

The 2’s bracket is all about aggro healers at the moment and mistweaver can’t contribute offensively at all (on the contrary the spec is designed to be played as AFK as possible), why play mistweaver when you could play shaman priest or druid?

They are certainly better in 3s but again they just aren’t as good as other healers.

Ultimately Mistweaver is just a damp healer and games at the moment are lasting on avg. a minute to a minute and a half and they just dont’ shine in a meta like that. A very large reason (other than 55 second cocoon CD) Mistweaver was so good in bfa S4 was because of this…the pace was damp, and mistweaver is damp.

TL:DR Mistweaver being bad is more a reflection of the meta and pace of the game currently and less about the specs performance. I will go as far as to say there is almost nothing they can do outside of totally redesigning how the spec plays to make them effective in a pace this fast.

Bring back way of the crane for one which would completely fix the spec but that won’t happen. The damage I agree is too high for a MW to deal with, and frankly it’s too high for every healer and games are relatively short this season. A good indicator of damage being too high is when MW is basically unplayable.

I think part of the problem is that last week all the melee comps got their conquest wep so they’re just wrecking people rn

I hope once people get higher ilvl and stam games will slow down a little bit

Pretty unfortunate that some teams basically do unhealable damage rn (rsham melee cleaves w/ earth ele pressing W with purges/kick)

Like you said though this isn’t a MW problem no healer can deal with the amount of damage in the game.

Somehow 9.1 got faster than 9.0 and they threw maledicts on top of it with like 9 more mortal strikes.

Tier lists are such a bad way to describe classes.

vethosis is my hero

1 Like

LOL rdruid being B tier is funny

Rdruids are pretty average rn in this meta. Will probably be better as the season progresses

resto druid and average in same sentence? Maybe in 3s compared to zug zug earth ele melee cleaves but they don’t oom and heal great.

Those tier lists are just ladder representation. Its the same thing at looking at top 15 specs on arenamate.

Representation =/= how strong a spec is.

Yeah they’re average. Not the best, not the worst. Healers are pretty balanced imo

Locks are the worst class in the game rn and when caster cleaves are bad rdruids aren’t good. Not sure why you wouldn’t take an rsham 10/10 times over rdruid queuing a cleave. Hpal too

Ladder representation has so many different variables and it seems like everyone here just wants to use flat values as reasoning…

So I want to give you a breakdown of what you’re seeing, at the base level.

Warrior rep is high, and 48/49 arms warriors 2400+ are arms. That’s basically 100%, the last guy has the vast majority of his games as arms… so 100% Arms warrior is the highest represented spec because ALL WARRIORS are arms and they have high CLASS representation as well. We can infer from this, that arms warriors are a good spec from these statistics.

We also know through gameplay arms warrior fits into a myriad of comps right now that do well. TSG, basically any melee cleave, and WMX.

Next is Rshaman, and Rshaman has 33/49 rep compared to warriors. Since shaman also has 18 enhancement players 2400+, and 60 total representation, we can infer that even though shamans have 1 other viable 2400+ spec, rsham is probably pretty viable in this meta too. So is enhancement with the 18 spots (ranked 9th spec-wise). Although enhance is a totally different role of playstyle compared to Resto, there is some crossover between player base simply because most players vary their gameplay between specs rather than different classes.

Fire mage takes 28 spots coming in at #3, leaving 5 spots for arcane/frost to fight for. Basically extremely similar to arms warriors breakdown, no further explanation needed.

Disc, Shadow, Holy all have top 15 represented specs, holy being the lowest at 2400+ only representing 11 spots. Since all 3 specs are represented, and similar to shamans most people stay within a class and vary spec rather than vary class, we can infer that all 3 priest specs are very viable. Likely due to the fact RMP and Jungle are insanely good comps right now, and spriest being a good caster in melee/caster comps in the current meta.

Feral and Rdruid are similar to resto/enhance as well. No further explanation needed.

Ret and Hpal, similar to resto/enh except that despite large nerfs Hpal is still represented well. Likely more so due to the fact hpal representation has always been high, was a great healer in S1, and likely had more players playing it going into S2 because of horrendous catch-up mechanics on gear limiting other alts. Maybe not a huge factor, but one nonetheless.

DH next has 1 viable spec, and it has decent representation, and it is a class that wasn’t introduced till Legion, albeit introduced at a starting level that wasn’t that low. With that being said, almost NOBODY mained a DH last season, so it is unlikely within the 4 week time frame that most players (Stoopzz for example) would have a DH up to speed already. This is likely to rise higher and higher unless balancing changes were to occur.

WW monk comes in at 15th. Seems like this spec just normally has lower representation which could be a myriad of things. Higher skill cap than most of the classes represented currently, still very viable, but also prone to dying faster than most classes here.

Frost DK, seems like DK rep was low first season, might be an issue that the meta just outclasses it currently. It’s still not much lower than other specs though.

BM hunter - brain dead, stupid good in jungle, low class representation normally anyways. High end player base extremely split on winning without a brain versus playing survival and winning with some shred of dignity left.

And then jump to lock, with a representation of 5… since I may as well touch on this.
Not a horrendous class, just extremely bad in this meta. Armor nerfs extremely painful given jungle viability and melee cleaves. Won’t be well represented likely at all this season until balancing changes happen either to armor values across the board or rebalancing of some specs, namely DH, BM, Feral, and warrior.

SV hunters are D tier need buffs asap!!! Rdruids and BM hunters aren’t broken!! I love numbers :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: