Official Soar/Dragon Riding Mega Thread!

I would love for Demon Hunters to be able to fly freely as well. Makes no sense why they can’t normally.

It’s not though. The folks getting to those speeds were base jumping off Mt Hyjal to get the momentum needed. In most cases, you’re not going to use Soar vs. your regular flying mount. You don’t get to insane speeds just jumping off the ground.

You have to actively position yourself and go out of your way to position yourself to get to those speeds.

6 Likes

I would be surprised if this system doesn’t replace pathfinder in 11.0.

1 Like

So you’d be okay with your mount just losing all progress and functionality every expansion? That’s going to have to be the case. There will also likely be a Pathfinder attached to it since, well, the next expansion likely won’t be based around flight and thus verticality will need to be gatekept aggressively.

Again, everything about Dragonriding screams ‘this stays in the Dragon Isles’.

I’m all for this game moving forward and evolving. Current flying is uninspired.

1 Like

Aww you missed my thread </3

1 Like

But clearly Dragonriding isn’t playing nice with areas outside of the Dragon Isles.

Currently flying may be ‘uninspired’, but it also works.

Clearly it is or they would have disabled it all together.

I’m not going to get into it with you though. You’ve made it clear you don’t understand how Soar works and you are straightup against change in general.

2 Likes

The Soar nerf disagrees, as well as the lack of presence of other Dragonriding mounts.

The past is on my side here.

Added it, sorry was early this morning!

2 Likes

They already said they don’t have alpha. They literally don’t understand. Trying to argue with them is pointless. Just nod smile and walk away.

why is it all mages supporting this? HMMMM… :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

I think soar should be like a personal mount for Dracthyr as they fly with their own wings.

My suggestion:

1. Put speed back to 930%
  2. Remove Soar CD
  3. Allow Dragon Riding in all areas regular flying is allowed to give Non-Dracthyr the same options as Dracthyr.
8 Likes

The only correct answer. Devs focus up here

2 Likes

I mean, if this is something about Portals or Teleport, feel free to put those on cooldowns too or whatever. They’re not usually useful outside of old content either.

This is the only correct answer.

12 Likes

This is exactly what literally every tester has been asking for since day one of Alpha.

Blizz needs to pull their heads from the sand and stop trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of an obvious victory.

1 Like

A propaganda is when a British person gets a good look at something.

1 Like

No, a propaganda is what you call a flock of politicians.

Added another thread from yesterday and please let me know if I’m missing any.

Thanks!

Also thank you everyone on the alpha and taking the points home on the designated thread by blizzard!!

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-dragonriding/1279462/92

5 Likes