Good luck this week with grievous, disc friends

Haven’t played Disc yet this season. Will get to it soon (probably after some 20s this week). Disc seems like it’d be a bit weird in a couple Kara Bosses more than anything. Some of the damage in that place (especially opera event) is SUPER random. The current opera is a bad one too since people are still learning it and a couple of the mobs just random target and smack someone for 50k in a 20.

It was nerfed as of reset, i believe 30% reduction.

Its also not tyranical

Just to come back on grimrail’s last boss.
Seems a bit tough still, at least for a fortified week. Had to do 12k hps on it. (In a 15 run)
Grevious might have gone out of hand, and I ran oom by the end.

I might have not managed my stuff properly too, as I’m not used to this guy yet and didn’t properly plan my cds.

Still, 12k hps seems a bit much for a fortified week in a 15. I usually need about 7-9k this week on bosses , and thats a bit because of grevious too…

1 Like

I just checked my 16 log and did 12k hps and finished with over 60% mana

4% of that healing went to grievous

Seems like you got caught up in shadowmends.

did a 15 gambit. blind F’n drunk. Spent 5 days moving house. pws was my top heal… Go figure. played night fae with shadow cov. No issue at all. My tank friend (Bdk) who does 23’s was saying that a lot oif healing are going oom in his keys.

Mind sear top damage. I imagine mostly due to Scov

How was your overall dps? I tried NF for the lols (it’s fun and a really different playstyle so I’m not too used to it yet. Wondering how others are doing)

Edit. For me mana is good and healing wise seems alright. I wouldn’t say it’s that much better compared to kyrian healing wise though. But the semi constant rapture are fun to play with

just over 3k. i have no dps trinkets tho. i have not been that lucky

Thats i found. I enjoyed more raptures

1 Like

Honestly, it feels really good to have nobody expect me to do 8k DPS this season now that Holy’s only doing 3k because I’ve been experimenting with random talent setups and finding things I like when I don’t care much about DPS on Disc. It’s honestly made the spec way more fun to me to play with random covenants and talents I totally wouldn’t have before. Holy doesn’t really have talent options anywhere near disc in this meta.

Oddly enough even going very weird setups like castigation/contrition I can put out more dps than I do on NF holy, which is what people want holy to run.

1 Like

It’s almost like the “meta” only applies to the top 1% of players in the top 1% of situations.

I’m glad you’re having this experience and enjoying it. I’ve had nothing but success after I stopped caring about what the meta is. I play how I want and love it. Off covenant or off talent, however you want so long as it works for you.

And to the OP, topics like this are what made me go off-meta in the first place. Everyone would cry and say disc can’t grevious, so I sought out to teach myself how to grevious and I’ve become a much better healer because of it.

I mean it does and it doesn’t.

I push to 20ish keys every season, and while I COULD do it on anything, normally people will get upset if you’re not doing the damage that other healers do, etc.

This season, the top healers aren’t doing damage, so nobody cares if your DPS is 4k.

Trust me I’m the guy who in other threads is willing to tell people Disc totally has the tools to do very high level content if they’re willing to sacrifice damage. I’m just saying it’s nice that public perception of what a healer is nowadays allows for way more fun experimentation without listening to people moan about it.

I just stopped caring about those people, and if they give me trouble, I don’t play with them and just find another group.

I definitely used to o care, I still regularly look up the meta builds and things out of habit, but now I use it as a reference to see if I can learn something about why it’s the meta, rather than han following it for the fear of shing from others. I was the guy that would tell you your build was wrong, now I’m the guy that lets you do you unless I explicitly notice something I think can help.

1 Like

Oh we can keep them topped off by spamming SM.

With shadow cov ofc. Sure sure

Such a disjointed spec.

only time i have had to do that was last nights 17 Docks because of bleed and greivous. But i saved plenty of Def pen for that too. Sadly maintenance killed that key

Otherwise if you read… and you prob didint, the 15 gambit i did pws was top top heal. There will be some keys and affixs that require Smend more and some that require it less. To say its the Be all and end all is misleading

Finally tried a high key on Disc and did a 23 streets. It was fun. Went Shadow covenant night fae. The healing was definitely there, the damage was not.

I think I’m more and more liking castigation/contrition and it feels like I’m in a Disc twilight zone since I really didn’t like these talents before. Healing with penance is just a huge mana save, though, and d.penance (with swift penitence) is an amazing triage heal.

Also playing with Castigation makes playing with non-castigation feel so bad.

I do this often with the leggo proc. Im not sure im totally sold on castigation tho my friend. ToF seems to proc a lot in these dungeons

My ToF uptime in high key is usually ~20% or lower. It’s not bad, but I’m also not convinced it’s ever saved a pull for me. I have pretty consistently felt castigation has stopped a pull from going real bad though. But honestly I think it’s a you do you situation. ToF is obviously good. I’m just really gelling with castigation right now lol

I will look at mine next time. I run with 2 tanks. 1 is a bdk god and the other is a prot pally who refuses to swap out of venthyr and take a little more damage.

I finally got the sausage trinket with Dinars last night :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve said that all along. And people argued with me–including Jak. It is a great mana save and it is a waste offensively as it hits pretty much as hard as smite for a lot more mana. I even tested it on dummies and got no difference in dps when spamming smite only vs smite + offensive penance whenever it was off CD. It is good to spread your dots, but that is it.