Good luck on the mage tower!

Good luck yall! Starting the MW one right now.

EDIT: A little challenging but super fun. In my opinion, the only consumeable you need to complete this is a tome to change your talents before the last 2 stages of the scenario.

For stags 1-5 I used:
Chi Burst
Lifecycles
Ring of Peace
Dampen Harm
Invoke Chi-ji, the Red Crane
Rising Mist

Switching talents right before the last boss really simplified the encounter:
Mist Wrap
Lifecycles
Healing Elixir
Summon Jade Serpent Statue
Upwelling

As for itemization, stage 1 can be completed with any itemization you want (mastery or venthyr). I did many attempts with both and it didnt seem to matter as much as crucial CC abilities. What worked really well for me was a Leg Sweep on the first Knife Dance pack, and healing through every enraged fixate instead of kiting (Soothing Mist → Evm → Vivify as needed worked really well). Use paralysis for his second knife dance. Immediately after this pack is a double knife dancer pack. I would always pop chi ji here and then use ring of peace to interrupt the first double knife dance. (CC cooldowns lined up better this way for the remainder of the encounter rather than saving leg sweep for that). A small tip would be to make it so you knock the mage on the opposite side of ring of peace than the two melee guys so they take longer to fixate you. For this pull the next abilities they use will be random, either double knife dance again or double fixate, occasionally you get 1 doing each. Always make sure that you save Leg Sweep for when the one/both use knife dance, saving Paralysis for the 3rd knife dance if there is one. On the last pack, use ring of peace to interrupt the first knife dance, make sure you interrupt the second knife dance with your Leg Sweep and NOT paralysis, because if you para the AI party will switch targets to the ranger instead of finishing off the melee guy and it will cause the encounter to be harder and last longer.

Between stage 1 and 2, wait for all of your cooldowns to return. I was able to kill the eyes by popping Fortifying Brew → Essence Font cancel → Renewing Mist while running to the eye against the gate, then: Chiji → Soothing Mist → Enveloping Mist → Life Cocoon → Touch of Death the first eye, granting you bonus damage. Top yourself off then rush to 2nd eye to use Thunder Focus Tea Rising Sun Kick x2 + Soulletting Ruby which should finish it off. If it doesnt, back out to top yourself off then finish off that eye. For the remaining eyes, just bob in and out of their range, dealing damage but always topping yourself off out of range before landing a killing blow. Once chi-ji dies, use Dampen Harm right before the killing blow of the next eye to mitigate its explosion. If you keep bobbing in and out eventually you can take down all the eyes. A good checkpoint for your time is that you should be pulling the next pack by the 4 min mark.

Next, use Crackling Jade lightning to pull the bats + big guy into the room and just AoE the bats down and kill the big guy, nothing special. When running past any of the orbs, spam Spinning Crane Kick and unlock the gate. While the gate is unlocking, target the feared mob running up and down the stairs so that you can immediately dispel him. Cast Enveloping mist on each of the 3 adds and then use Essence Font while running up the stairs to engage the archer. Top off any of the adds with Renewing Mist while DPSing the archer. Try to stand sideways with the archer and not longways, I found that the archer doesnt jump as far if you are doing that. Also, make sure you keep DPSing even though hes casting the Mana Sting because you need all the DPS uptime you can, dispelling right as it lands on you. A good timer for this is that you should have 15 seconds or so left on Touch of Death as you are finishing off that archer.

Next, run up the stairs spamming spinning crane kick to the next gate. For here, you will want to do a similar strategy as the first room of eyes. I open the gate, EF → RM → Chiji → Evm → Life Cocoon → Touch of Death the first eyeball. Top yourself off, then Thunder Focus Tea into Rising Sun Kick x2 + Soul Letting Ruby the second eye. Top yourself off, bob in and out dealing damage to the third eye and pop dampen harm before it dies. Now for the inquisitor mob, you just burn him as fast as you can, usually you have about 1min 15 seconds left, and he dies within the last 15 seconds that you have. Hes not that bad, you can just dance around the spinnors which deal minor damage or you can try to move him after each set of spinnors. (He will cast a spell right after they spawn so try not to lose uptime kiting him too much, as the DPS check is very close).

Now before opening the gate and going up to the final stages, I highly reccomend changing your talents and build. I did about 5 attempts sub 30% on the boss before deciding that it would be a lot easier with different talents, and then 1 shot the boss after switching to the talent build that I mention near the start of the post. Basically you will have to use maintenance healing on your AI group members while needing to burst heal 3 adds that fixate and move towards the boss. You have to top them off before they reach the guy in the center (Note, for some reason, if you let exactly 1 add get to the boss, it will give you more time to drink and get mana than if you do it perfectly, plus you will have touch of death to instantly kill the 1 add when it does spawn so its not really a big deal). Anyways, what I did was EVMx3 on the adds and then use Upwelling Essence Font which 95% of the time would top them off before they reached the center. I reccomend using a mastery build here because it really simplifies this encounter, you can use Renewing Mist to top off any of the adds if they didnt get healed by EF. Some guides say to use revival here, but I really reccomend saving it for the very last stage. After healing up the 9 adds, you have a few short seconds to drink, so DRINK ASAP. The boss will engage you and so you want to move to the wall as fast as possible. The last stage follows an ABAB pattern, where A is the Debuff explosion + new fire circle and B is just the debuff. This is important because for the A parts of the pattern you have to have a little more health before the explosion goes off to account for the boss dropping a new fire circle on you right before the debuff expires. Just slowly move around the room, standing right by the edge of the last circle against the wall. Make sure you are getting good uptime with Jade Serpent Statue on the tank and keep up with the aoe healing, but always make sure that you damage yourself in the fire to stay sub 50% health. The less health you have when the debuff the boss puts on you = less AOE damage to the group. All of the AI need to be at >70% health before your debuff expires or they are likely to die. Healing Elixir comes in handy because you can use it to respond to new fire puddles while moving out of them. I used Life Cocoon 1 time to completely overlap a fire patch, but otherwise I did not ahve to worry about dipping in the fire to overlap them. The boss died as I was standing on a tiny tiny island of free space in the center of the room.

Anyways, good luck yall! I will try the brewmaster 1 next then the WW 1.

2 Likes

Hey this guide really helped me out this week, thanks a lot.
If more people played MW im sure you’d have a lot more people thanking you here for this detailed write up.

1 Like

Consumables are overrated.

Unless it’s different for MW the warriors always alternate Knife Dance and fixate unless you CC during the knife dance cast and not the channel (which is bad since they will just recast it after the CC ends). You need to CC the channel, not the cast, so that the ability goes on CD.