Good change with the 60 day game time purchase

Well now you don’t get a choice between 30days or 180days. It’s a flat 60 days only option.

17 Likes

Weird change is weird

17 Likes

Or people that are hoping you pay for them 2 months when you only play the game for 1. This is very clearly designed to get more MAU (like everything else they do) for shareholder reports.

Why would you take away options for people to pay you? Think about it. No one asked for this.

1. Sub drop off was worse than most thought. They’re trying to pad numbers.

2. Revenue slipping, people will forget they subbed instead of purchased 2 months, end up playing for 1, quitting, and not remembering to unsub (Thus paying for 4 months).

Gotta post record profits every quarter! I’d be shaking in my boots if I worked at Blizzard in any capacity other than someone directly involved in development. Time to dust off the ole resume.

29 Likes

Huh, you’re right, the minimum amount of game time you can buy in the online store is now 60 days.

That’s … That basically means any time I feel the urge to play for a short period, I just won’t, which means I’ll be less likely to resub.

Incredibly stupid decision from Blizzard, to be honest. Gametime is what I used to play the game without making any real commitment. Subbing and then canceling is freaking annoying, and just another barrier between me and a resub.

58 Likes

Okay well maybe OP needs to explain that then.

Thanks for the info dear!

5 Likes

Full context:

10 Likes

Also you can still just sub for a month and get the 30 days

Guess you can’t really gift 30 days as easily

4 Likes

As with most of their decisions … this seems completely unnecessary.

14 Likes

Which is just one more step between me and playing for 30 days. And if I only wanna play a month, that extra step may just be the difference between me playing, and me deciding to launch something else instead. :confused:

8 Likes

Blizzard is not a charity, its a business. You still have the option to sub for 1 month and instantly cancel your subscription. Stop malding over a change that literally affects no one.

3 Likes

Hold up, you weren’t being sarcastic?

Welp.

6 Likes

Sounds like they’re helping you if an extra 15 seconds stops you from playing

1 Like

Yeah we get it - you think business ethics isn’t a thing and they should do anything and everything to make money.

Great take, doofus.

24 Likes

In other words, a sub.

5 Likes

Wheres the option to sub for a foreveryear?

2 Likes

It’s a good change when a multi-million dollar corporation tries to scam their customers out of $15 by trying to force them into a subscription they will likely forget to cancel?

10 Likes

Yeah, expecting people to manage their own money.

I’m outraged.

2 Likes

I usually subscribed via buying gametime in one month increments. With this change i’m more than likely going to have my subscription lapse again due to not really wishing to invest 2 month increments when I don’t believe i’ll be playing for 2 months.

I don’t wish to subscribe in to reoccurring monthly billings either.

17 Likes

The boost, datamined cash shop things, and now this. Well classic was fun while it lasted, a shame since I was hyped for TBC prior to Blizzcon. I’m done, good luck everyone.

13 Likes

It’s been studied and proven that locking people in to a recurring subscription often results in the customer paying more than they would have without a subscription. It’s Blizzard taking advantage of a consumer unfriendly practice.

18 Likes