Goldthorn Tea Recipe

Hello,

I am currently farming a few recipes, the last ones I need in order to learn every cooking recipe. I was about to get done with it, when I came across the Goldthorn Tea in the Unlearned tab. The cooking tab stated that Henry Stern teaches the recipe in Razorfen Downs. I, then, rushed as soon as I could to RFD, cleared the dungeon and... he wasn't there. I checked the forums, wowhead and other websites and found out that the NPC was removed from the game.

I'd like to suggest the reintroduction of Henry Stern as a trainer for the goldthorn tea, or the removal of it from the unlearned cooking recipes tab altogether.

I know it's a VERY minor thing, but it's kind of frustrating, and either solutions I suggested would fix the problem just fine (Even though I'd prefer to have one more recipe in my cookbook).

Thanks!
8 Likes
I found this on WoWHead, hope this helps you:

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=13028/goldthorn-tea#comments
02/10/2017 11:53 AMPosted by Ziene

I checked every comment on this page, Ziene, and later posts (made after oct. 2014) state that the NPC is indeed missing, making the recipe unobtainable.

Still, thanks for helping!
02/10/2017 11:58 AMPosted by Uichi
02/10/2017 11:53 AMPosted by Ziene

I checked every comment on this page, Ziene, and later posts (made after oct. 2014) state that the NPC is indeed missing, making the recipe unobtainable.

Still, thanks for helping!

Yes, you are correct I did some digging. There was once a man named Henry Stern who once was in the Murdering Pens. He would sell the recipe. He is no longer there.

I guess Blizz somehow took him out of the game.

Source:
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=8696/henry-stern#comments
I've run into this a few times now and want to necrosis this thread in order to give it a bump. If you're going to be returning us to a dynamic leveling experience - clean up some of the old comtent.
4 Likes
Just adding to the requests to either add Henry Stern back to the game, or make this recipe learnable in some other way. It drives me absolutely crazy seeing it on my unlearned tab, and knowing there's nothing I can do to learn it!
3 Likes
Purposely/possibly necro-ing this for the same reasons as the two posts above me. I'm going for full cooking completionism and this is one of the last ones I need. Toss this recipe on a neutral vendor/trainer (neutral preferably) and let's be done with it.
3 Likes
10/01/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Blockchain
Purposely/possibly necro-ing this for the same reasons as the two posts above me. I'm going for full cooking completionism and this is one of the last ones I need. Toss this recipe on a neutral vendor/trainer (neutral preferably) and let's be done with it.

If it is still in the game, it is possible someone has an old recipe lying around any you can buy it from them. Alternatively, you can try buying it off of the BMAH, assuming it is ever available for sale.
1 Like
10/03/2018 01:16 PMPosted by Haspian
If it is still in the game, it is possible someone has an old recipe lying around any you can buy it from them. Alternatively, you can try buying it off of the BMAH, assuming it is ever available for sale.

A lovely thought, but no, not possible. Henry Stern didn't sell you a physical recipe, he taught you the cooking skill directly, so BMAH or player inventories won't help the hole in our cookbooks that is Goldthorn Tea.
1 Like

I agree, the recipe shouldn’t be in the “unlearned” tab if it’s not even available to be learned. I submitted a Suggestion in the game help menu, maybe if enough people do this it’ll be removed, or be made available again.

1 Like

Thought you could only get it as a rogue, too?

you are thinking of Thistle Tea which rogues can buy in there Class Hall.

1 Like

Ah yeah, possibly.

It’s been a while.

I saw that the 9.1 patch will be adding some long lost recipes to the Cataclysm Timewalking vendor. Recipes that don’t even appear in the Unlearned Recipes tab anymore, like Big Bear Steak or Lean Venison. But you know what recipe IS still in the Unlearned Recipes tab, and is currently unlearnable, yet not on the list of recipes being added to the Cataclysm Timewalking vendor? That’s right… Goldthorn Tea. Add it Blizz!

3 Likes

Cooking: Goldthorn Tea… Still missing.
Please Remove this item or make it available.
FIX. OCD goinG NUTS

1 Like

Half a decade later, we still running all the way to this dungeon for a NPC that is listed as being there but isn’t…

2 Likes

Can a Blizzard Tech or GM or whoever is in charge say something? If not, For each week we should all spam the crap out of forms on new topics till we all get an answer!
Come on guys… Lets push this! >:-O

1 Like

If they’re not going to put it back in the game, they need to remove it from the game in general, even from those who have it now. Keep it fair for those of us who want to be a completionist in our recipes.

1 Like

Bump. This needs to be fixed. Forget class balancing for 2 seconds and remove the recipe.

1 Like

it bothers me that this recipe will forever remain lost. they honestly should’ve added it to cooking trainers when they revamped RFD.

but considering they haven’t touched it in, what 8 or so years? chances are, it’s not gonna be addressed.