Gold Sellers are now using the mailbox to advertise

Getting lots of mail from random characters advertising gold services. Could we please ask Blizzard to address this. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

This was a thing in retail many years ago as well. Introduction of the WoW token seems to have stopped it, but for the love of all things WoWly I hope Blizzard does not add tokens to Classic.

1 Like

True story . I also have received and report them for their flyer’s in my mailbox … NO SOLICITATION.

GM ticket it to report maybe? You can include screenshots.

I miss dead bodies spelling out website names in main cities.

5 Likes

There is a report player button on the top of each mail for this very reason.

1 Like

One annoying thing to be aware of is that when you report a letter, it disappears, but it is not deleted. It tends to reappear in your mailbox after a period of time (24-48 hours maybe). That can make it feel like you’re getting sent a lot of such letters, when you’re actually only getting one and just seeing it reappear after each time you report it.

2 Likes

They have been doing it for sometime now.

Also the in game msg from “Bllizzardd” etc asking you go to suspect site to stop your account from being banned.

Why are they allowed to create a character name similar to “Blizzard” in the first place?

1 Like

I get the whispers too sometimes. I report immediately, maybe they are stealing accounts after all

Why they use the mailbox? in EU everyone and his mother just use official forums or /world chat, since buying gold is allowed by Blizzard GMs:

GM confirming it is legal:
X__I have just confirmed with A GM that trading Retail Gold for Classic is allowed - #63 by Perl-anetheron

X___https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/728876914344853567/728876937967304724/uff2.png

Couple hundred Goldsellers in official forums, for months on end, no bans ever:
X__https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/de/wow/search?q=retail%20topic%3A69688

On Venoxis EU (biggest server) Edgemaster sells for 7 tokens, 140€, completely legal and like every other day in /world chat.

How nostalgic!

Just like in the good ol’ days!

Now where is my gold website spelled out of unreleased corpses?

(Yeah, unreleased corpses, not skeletons. I want my skeleton carpet back, blizzard.)

susan express was legit everywhere even in the sky