Gold Reset for TBC

Please. Otherwise you’ll have epic flyers day one and massively inflated prices.

8 Likes

nobody will datamine it and convert their assets into runecloth bandages?

2 Likes

The only thing this will do is help the gold sellers.

13 Likes

they didnt do a gold reset when they launched tbc

20 Likes

Imagine not having 8 60s prepped for tbc already so you can get transmute and cloth CDs for infinite passive gold

You’re kidding yourself if you don’t think people will not have instant flyers anyway lmao

10 Likes

no, they should just have it so every1 start from zero; with that there wont be any issues because even if gold is reset there are other stuff that can be held onto to sell for a good price in the AH causing issues.

3 Likes

People are looking at this all wrong. Expansion launches are the best gold making opportunities out there. All those gold hoarders that you hate will be looking like a snack when they are buying up trade goods for a 2000% mark up.

2 Likes

“I will barely even have 100g when TBC comes out because I can’t save / don’t want to save, so everyone else should be brought down to my level. I want it to be fair (lol)”.

30 Likes

All of you people trying to change TBC…

…yet keep pretending it was such a great expansion.

Irony at it’s best.

“TBC was better than Classic but please change this, this, that, oh this and that, this, this…”

7 Likes

It is a great expansion and needs no changes

7 Likes

They also didn’t know exactly what to expect. If the war effort taught us anything, it’s that people’s knowledge of the future can really spoil the fun.

1 Like

exactly. at least give people options day 1. The same way you get to choose from a pvp, pve, RP servers. Why not have a ‘fresh start’ server. It would be more popular for the hardcore players.

This is a good idea but people would easily find workarounds by storing their gold in items instead. Unfortunately we just have to accept that TBC’s economy will be an unacceptable and unforgivable dumpster fire before it even launches. We don’t live in a world where we can have nice things.

1 Like

You’ll get these anyway. 5k is nothing in TBC.

1 Like

Nobody knows exactly how the tbc launch is gonna go as of yet aside from blizzard themselves.

Though I believe we’ll see SOME form of character copy I do agree gold should be reset or very limited

1 Like

No I’m pretty sure blizzard doesn’t know either. I know people like to be optimistic about time tables but if I’m being realistic I doubt any of this has even been discussed.

Other than glaring bug fixes.

I remember a few bugs that didn’t get fixed until WotLK prepatch. I hope they look into fixing those without using the 3.0 patch.

One bug I remember was with guild banks.

If you left a guild with a rank that let you pillage the guild bank of it’s items and joined a new one, you would still have your previous guilds permissions and be able to empty a guild bank with the lowest rank in that guild. This was a bug when guild banks were added. I don’t remember exactly when it was fixed, but I hope stuff like this is fixed at launch regardless of which patch or patch progression they use.

The gold limit on character copies should not be lower than the character transfer rules. Which is currently 2k gold per lvl 60.

There are only three ways for gold to enter the wow economy:

1. Direct Quest Gold Rewards - This is slightly variable depending on how many quests a character has left upon reaching max level due to the XP -> Gold conversion mechanism. There is a general upper limit to gold via quests per character.

2. Direct Gold Drops from Enemies - There is no cap on the amount of gold that can be created in this way other than the number of enemies that can be killed in a given period of time.

3. Selling Items to a Vendor - The sold items can be enemy drops, items acquired through gathering professions, or items synthesized via crafting professions.

The primary issue today with gold inflation is related to the last two methods of gold creation. There are some classes that are capable of extreme numbers of kills per hour whether in the general over-world or instanced content. There are also individuals using bots to increase the total active time for more normal classes so although the time to kill is still long, it’s happening 24/7.

TBC doesn’t really do anything to resolve the underlying issue and in some ways makes it worse as many classes/specs are much more capable of lowering their time to kill compared to classic. As long as a single player is able to kill hundreds of enemies in a short time period or a bot is allowed to operate 24/7 a gold reset will simply postpone the inevitable inflation. There are also players that have an abundance of time and determination that can also create considerable amounts of gold the old fashioned way.

A note on the first method in TBC. If a player is diligent in completing all the quests in a zone and running each dungeon at least once at the appropriate level they stand to earn ~2-3k gold from just the XP to gold conversion for the end level quests.

Imagine if they did something like 10 gold to que for arena XD. Bet you would see the gold disappear faster then.