Gold per hour DM North vs east?

Wow that is so Fing lame. Guess that settle my question on this forum, I’ll be farming as a lock… unless… can bear form swipe aoe the lashers down?

How are you getting in 5 runs per hour? I’m also Holy Priest (and it sounds like we’re running the same spec), and I struggle to get 3.75 runs per hour. The thing that slows us down the most is that we have to blow all of our mana with every pull and there are eight of them per run. Sitting, drinking, and regenerating our mana after every pull is what slows us down.

Mages on the other hand, can go through three pulls before they need to drink, which is what makes them so damned quick.

The thing is every second counts, so i don’t drink to completely full, i drink until i know that i’ll regen the rest during the pull of the next pack, which took some time getting the timing right. The other side of it is the resets, if I reset with an alt it’s 3 minutes saved each run, which adds up to another full run per hour in saved time. If i log out for 5 minutes to reset without an alt i’ll never get more than 4 runs per hour.

Not sure, but the lashers have 1900hp each so I doubt it’d be worth the time it’d take unless you can guarantee ~200 dmg per 1.5 seconds

Can confirm - same thing with me. Started farming on my Mage at level 54 leveled to 57 - am now up to 650ish gold. Started at 100ish. Also got a glowing brightwood staff - that sold for like 65g though.

One more thing to add - I struggle with north. The mobs resist so much and blow me up half the time after the ice block.

It’s hard to keep them bunched up to keep slowed to farm them. It’s really jacked up because of spell batching. Blizzard really needs to remove it.

You would want to change the entirety of classic wow just so you can farm DM easier?

1 Like

What?

Ele shamans can just solo DM:E and farm rich thorium.

If you have a druid or rogue alt, you don’t even need mining on your shaman.

Well, it’s a garbage mechanic that really doesn’t mimic the old days. It also creates havoc in PVP.

So yes, they should remove a mechanic that prevents other mechanics from working properly, as they should. That’s correct.

it does though. Or are you referring to private servers?

I think it would be pretty hard to solo as a druid. Would rather just take a good dps with and heal them and split stuff.

But lock would be good for solo. They can even enslave the demons in DM east to make it easier. Im not sure if locks are also able to solo up to the last boss to get to the thorium in the cave. If it is possible, you could level both mining and herb and get both.

Or like i said, just run 2 people. Make it easier, faster, then just make a fair split on the loots.

But it doesn’t. You can literally change google to search only videos from 2004-2006 and see farming videos, pvp videos, and city raid videos and see how the mechanics worked.

I mean, if you want to just give troll/lazy responses that’s fine. But, at least have something of substance to them. It flat out didn’t work this poorly back in the day.

They’re using an implemented not original mechanic to try to mimic bad internet/server lag for no purpose other than they thought it would make classic feel more authentic. Instead, it really borked up quite a bit.

Additionally, they have left in things from retail that just shouldn’t be, so if you’re dying for that old day style, you aren’t getting it anyway. So why leave this and not change:

Guards Dynamically Respawning
Druids being mana burned in form
Wall jumping
Improved graphics such as updated water

So using the old ThAt’S hOw It WaS really doesn’t apply here for two reasons:

1. It wasn’t that way
  2. They’ve already changed things anyway

Aren’t lashers immune to chain lightning because it’s nature damage?

Yes, but you don’t farm lashers, you just do a 10 minute rich thorium run.

Do you kill the boss to open the cave or get him to 50%?
I recently heard people can just get him to 50% so he opens the cave, then run out.