Gold making, at the moment

I did a small experiment yesterday, curious to see how much gold the game would give me doing nothing but collecting current completed missions, Callings and associated quests and activities.

I did a full set of Callings on two characters. The first was my Alliance Paladin and he earned a total of 7,013 gold. My second was my Alliance Warlock, who got lucky on some extra gold drops and earned a total of 8,068g.

So on two characters on one day that was 15,081g. All up it probably took a couple of hours including travel time, some of the quests being a bit slower than others and interruptions from real life stuff.

(Oh, and one extra benefit, while doing the activities on My Night Fae Warlock, I completed my first Wild Hunt Supplies Chest and blow me down if I didnt get the Amber Ardenmoth. So that was a nice reward for my efforts on the day…)

If I were to concentrate on doing Callings on every character that can do it, theoretically I could earn enough in a week to pay for a token for my sub. Just depends on how much patience I would have in repeatedly doing the same content…

19 Likes

Tbh if making gold is something you really want to focus on, I would recommend spending the time in m+ and getting good at it enough to where you can join a boosting community and be a booster. Sure it takes some effort on your part to learn the mechanics and your class enough to get to that level but once you get there it’s 100% the easiest way to make gold.

I make about 500k a week from tanking runs, which normally I’m doing the 15s anyways for my vault, so I’m killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

1 Like

Can’t, I hate SL WQs :man_shrugging:
Bring back Legion or BFA WQs :+1:

18 Likes

Gold making at the moment is work two (2) hours at Walmart and buy a WoW Token.

12 Likes

This is why I never understood how people continue to push the “WoW token” narrative.

If Blizzard really wanted to push WoW tokens, they wouldn’t have so many ways to print gold for little effort nowadays. Gold has literally rained from the heavens ever since WoD.

6 Likes

We’re looking at a specific scenario on which the player has multiple 60s alts in order to do callings or take advantage of the mission table, now take on consideration players that only play with 1 character and then add that this player plays only on a specific schedule, depending on how many hours that player has available it could farm the gold for legendary + consumables for raid or not.

That’s why on a game on which Blizzard provides a form to convert time/money to gold, there’s a lot of players that use that argument, because it’s easier for a player that works from M-F and only plays 3 Nights during week and some weekends more time to use money for Augment runes, potions, flask, legendary…etc instead of using limited time for gold farming.

True but not for all players.

6 Likes

come up with a way to make passive income, do no work, buy token :wink:

1 Like

Cool post. srs. I recently leveled Tailoring for personal Transmog pieces… I learn, lots of cloth tailor pieces sell insane value. the mats for some?? Even worse. Iron Buckle on my server sold for 1400+g. They cost 1 Iron Bar and a blacksmith w/ 150 classic BS to craft. You also get 2 buckles per bar.
I bought 100 iron bars for 700g, found a BS in trade chat… got 200 buckles… (these are mats for tailoring items that cost even more gold, upwards 20k per?)… I could resell the buckles, I don’t know how well they sell at high price truthfully, but I craft pieces and resell.

tl;dr : TRANSMOG SELLS! As long as you don’t get sniped by a TSM user. It exists. and sux.
The sale may take a few posts, but will go through. May have to undercut price a bit, as I found a giant price on Azure Shoulderpads or something… 80k gold for 1. They are simple to craft. I don’t think they would sell for that much truthfully, but there are a ton listed for that price. I think I already sold mine… probz undercutting for a couple 10’s thousands gold (20k-30k). Still, a piece that maybe cost 2500g? to craft… selling upwards 50-60k… = pr0fIt.
I actually haven’t looked what has sold or what hasn’t. I got about 250 in classic tailoring, selling everything I craft minus pieces I didn’t have collected appearance wise. Made lots of gold. But tbh, buying mats and recipes off AH, I lost more than I put in. Once you’re established… transmog… tailoring… BS ??? = good gold farm

Why is this acceptable? Like cmon Blizz /facepalm

10 Likes

Lol wtf why wouldn’t it be acceptable. There’s nothing against the tos to sell carries for gold. Blizzard employees even do it themselves Lmfao.

Not my fault a large amount of the playerbase would rather buy WoW tokens and buy carries with it rather than put in very minimal time and effort to be able to run a 15.

3 Likes

Okay I’ll dance harder in Goldshire then.

6 Likes

Selling carries for in-game gold is well within the rules though…

Have 8 alts. I space my activities out over the month to make enough gold for another token. I do the callings that do not require a bunch of busy work. I make more than enough for a token and to also put some in my bank alts bank. Have 2 tokens in my bag, and have a mill in the bank.

Thatss from just doing easy stuff, and selling the crystals i get every Tuesday from completing the Korthia weekly.

4 Likes

Saddening. I did 1 carry, and I feel guilty and embarrassed to admit this. I confess…
I needed my memory for leggo, S1, release of runecarver leggo crafting timegate. NO LFR wing released for boss that I needed memory from. Don’t even think memories were 100% drop rate at that time?? Maybe they were in raids. Can’t remember… anywayz. thiss is a epic story… I get carry (I don’t raid, and most LFG groups for CN at that time required some sort of mythic gear or completion achieve…) → I craft leggo, only benefit… I was like 1-2 weeks early before LFR wing, then they nerf to 100% drop… which is OK.
those 1-2 weeks of being a leggo - slinging WW Monk (Kyrian)… I was on top of the world. 2 me.

I don’t understand why it’s looked at as a bad thing. Everyone is happy at the end of the day

-4 boosters each get paid
-Advertiser gets paid
-Buyer gets their 15 that they can’t do otherwise
-Blizzard makes money from WoW tokens being bought to buy these
-Guilds sell raid carries to pay for their consumables
-buyer gets aotc or whatever mythic kills they buy that again they can’t do otherwise

The only ones crying about it are the people who refuse to download a simple addon to block trade chat spam and instead constantly whine about something they don’t actually even have to look at

Yea they do it because it promotes players to buy WoW tokens and do it themselves. It’s a complete disgrace really. Somehow because we pay blizzard the money for the gold, it somehow justifies everything.

It’s pay to win. They should be ashamed of themselves. If the WoW token didn’t exist and players had to actually farm the gold in game, I wouldn’t have a problem with it

1 Like

I actually have nothing against boosts. Could care less. I don’t use other than what I stated. Ppl wanna buy that with a $20 token, have at it. Their $$, their game time, their character, etc. etc. etc.
only boost I would be interested in bcuz I can’t get in a group literally (have tried)… or solo (have tried)… would be flawless floor 12 torg achievement for vvicked cool mount. Probz wont do that even now tho, got Ve’nari paragon mount (horse mount)… same detail, with like… maybe slight darkening/lightening of the purple color?? I’d have to check.
BOOSTS = not a worry 4 me . U do U. Pal.

But if someone who gets boosted starts getting flashy w/ achieve… PvE boost or PvP boost… thats lame. get out at that point.

1 Like

Except the quality of the game suffers when they design content around selling as many WoW tokens as possible

3 Likes

They should be ashamed of themselves for a service that’s clearly in demand by a large amount of players? Umm no lol, they are a business and if there’s a demand from their customers that will increase their profits, that’s not their fault, they would be dumb not to capitalize on it.

You wanna blame anyone, blame the people buying the boosts cause without them none of these boost communities would exist

3 Likes

I agree 100%, I have actually tried leveling Tailoring on priest for transmog sales on AH. Hard to work AH with TSM sniperz.
I am guilty of the WoW token scheme. But I only rly buy xmog, pets, mounts… nothing game changing for progression.
Can’t speak for everyone else with tokens. They’re available, and won’t go away… at least for awhile… why not.?? I get you though. It is pay 2 play. in a sense… (for some)
Everything progression wise, minus CN… I have achieved on my own. I am a proud nerd.