Gold is important

I bought 18 tokens today, 9 for each account, for a little over 113k. Not a bad deal, but I’m still regretting it.

18 subs up front should be worth around $200 worth of subs over a 9 month period, around $11 a sub, taking into account the lesser value of payment up front for services in the future.

Selling it on the black market woulda yielded around $150 instead of $200. Meanwhile, some schmucks paid Blizzard an aggregate of $360 for them. Or more realistically, some botter in RETAIL botted them, converted to bnet balance, and bought gold in classic with RETAIL botting. I wish I had just sold everything and uninstalled but alas, I am committed to finishing this expansion out.

It didn’t. Guilds banks are being used as fronts to transfer the gold. People see the same bots for months on end. Running the same paths. Not catching bans. They think buying gold is not being enforced either.

Anyone thinking the token is doing anything but encouraging more RMT is crazy. Botting is all but given the green light. I’d be really surprised if all those bots are all just gold farmers to sell.

Players bot for the same reasons. They think: I won’t be that obvious. I won’t get caught because they haven’t banned any of the bots i keep seeing anyways.

I think some of the top parsers are botting too. Blizz isn’t banning obvious bg bots, dungeon bots, or material farm bots that get repeatedly reported. You really think they’re looking at what Raiders are doing?

Their Spyware game launcher know who’s botting. They’ve known since they implemented it. They also know exactly how big the RMT really is. It’s why they won’t make authenticators mandatory.

If they really put effort into preventing it. It would’ve killed the profits long ago.

That 15 million sub number that gets flaunted is vague at best. How many were really just part of the RMT?

Only thing that kept this game alive is whales, RMT’ERS, and addicts. Oh my!

I dunno…20$ USD for ~6.5k gold isn’t that much of a good deal imo, farming GDKP runs seems like a better deal to me which imply playing the game.

No buyers. No bots. It’s that simple.

Not for the duration of classic. Classic has forever been a game of buying gold from bot sites. Classic is full of cheaters and exploiters, and the fact that Blizzard has let this go on this long is laughable.

then tell players to not buy gold. Blizz trying to address the issue everyone talks about in forums isnt the issue. the issue are players and trying to address it. There is alot to say more on how to address it and alternatives but most people just say “token bad just ban players” without any understanding on the amount of work or scope of work it would take to create solutions. I would 100% bet that Blizz had ALOT of internal discussions talking about every aspect plus aspects we dont even think about to address the issue and didnt simply “wait WE can make the money?”.

I’ll solve your problem for you. You can not buy the token. Done. You’re welcome

This is yet another reason #nochanges was the dumbest thing they could have ever done at the start. You cant travel back in time and pretend players are going to play an almost 20 year old game the same way.

I’m mostly for no changes, but I do like the increased item level on loot in raids.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.