Gold farmers will always find the most profitable farm and exploit it

So instead of reactively nerfing things that plenty of legitimate players do to make gold, maybe just ban the bots?

6 Likes

Each of these bots are money to Lizzard, they will never ban em. Ever. Atleast only in a timely fashion that allows them to make money off of them. But by that time they already destroyed the player experience for legitimate players.

Remember when they only banned bots in huge waves after it got so bad, the forums mostly had only one topic on the front page, all complaining about bots.

Thats why SoM will eventually turn out sour as well, because Lizzard won’t ban the bots, nor manage the servers properly. Its just too much money to be made by paid transfers or all that additional sub money.

7 Likes

What’s the most profitable farm ?

wont more bots replace the vacuum left behind by the gen_1 bots?

Stiffer penalties to anyone buying gold or services from these 3rd parties should help heaps.

5 Likes

they need to hand 6 month bans out, no penalty volcano. Just straight 6mo see you next season

4 Likes

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks they prob got orders from the top to find a way to keep bots in the game without outright banning them to keep that sub money coming in

2 Likes

nothing legitimate about what mages were doing
they were exploiting pathing issues / special zones that reset mobs / etc.
good riddance

also mages just needed a nerf to their gold per hour anyway. it was way too high and made people feel like they HAD to have a mage alt for farming.

2 Likes

Permanent bans to players caught buying gold, as it used to be in Vanilla.

Even OSRS recently took a stance against players buying gold and intends to perma ban the buyers. They used to only ban the sellers and mules. If Blizzard did this, it would show the player base they are serious, and would help strengthen the concept that blizzard cares about the community.

But then again - that would require moderation… Which… is nearly non-existent as far as im aware.

1 Like

I wonder what the reason for the diminished GM presence in WoW is. I mean, I think its easy to write it off as Blizzard not wanting to foot the bill, but I wonder if there’s more to it than that.

I think, if Blizzard wanted to, it would be easy enough to hire GM specific staff to bring the presence back up. I mean, I don’t think anybody has any expectation that this is a high paying job. Instead though, they’ve downplayed GMs and have invested more in automated systems (that clearly aren’t working), offset by player reports.

Haha I wonder if they had just a few too many GMs go mad with power that they decided they couldn’t trust humans anymore :stuck_out_tongue:

I cant imagine it would require too many resources. Especially if its well organized and looked into. Im a firm believer that blizzard should make an example of players who buy gold, even go so far as to display player usernames banned right on the front page of battle net.

1 Like

I’m starting to think these are bot farmer accounts because no way this many people care about BRD pick pocketing this passionately.

5 Likes

I don’t think anything good comes from public shaming. Having said that, all we’re likely to see is a bunch of accounts named “XxXfitemenoobXxX”.

I do agree with the banning of people who buy gold as well as sell it though. At least in the short term.

Thats why its my personal belief xD. Blizzard doesnt agree either, im sure.

I want to read more “blizzard banned my account for NO REASON,” threads.

I’m not sure if it’s apathy or deliberate sabotage on their part.

1 Like

The bots are all just going to fly hack in dire maul instead. Maybe have GMs that actually police your game and enforce your rules instead of making surface level changes that also negatively affect the playerbase at the same time?

BRD pickpocketing not a great gold maker, but for some players it was what they did and enjoyed. I did a good amount of pickpocketing/coffer runs on my rogue towards the beginning of Classic before moving on to better farms. 1-5 dedicated GMs across all servers could thin the bot population by a significant amount, but they won’t even invest in a single one. Pretty telling

2 Likes