Goblin Monks

I’ve posted a lot about my strong desire for Goblin Monks, but I feel like in the modern world, where the squeaky wheel gets the grease, it hasn’t been enough to get the attentions of Blizzard.

As they updated Death Knights for all races, it occurred to me that Monks, from a lore standpoint, have equal or better justification to have to class be available to all.

I hope that other monks here will take a moment out of their day and suggest this feature from the in-game menu, under ‘Help’. I do this regularly and I think it can only help the initiative.

Thanks everyone, fingers crossed for Goblin Monks.

8 Likes

I agree that’s why I always try to comment on every post about giving the remaining races monks. Hopefully eventually blizzard will listen.

4 Likes

There’s a Goblin Monk in the Monk Orderhall named Gakkiz Blusterblast.

I always found it weird that there are NPC’s with class/race combos that aren’t available to players. It feels like such a tease at times.

1 Like

With Exile’s Reach being added for Alliance and Horde newbies, I don’t see any reason not to have worgen and goblin monks.

4 Likes

yes please!

1 Like

Something interesting to note in the latest alpha build, on the Horde side of Exiles Reach (As of 2020-07-04T06:00:00Z)
(Hidden in case you wanna be unspoiled)

Spoilers

The main quest givers daughter, “Shuja Grimaxe” is an Orc Priest.

Which is notable because currently, only Mag’har Orcs can currently be Priests.

During the final Scenario where she tags along as a party member, she throws around Holy based spells, including placing a Power Word: Shield on you at times.

Assuming nothing changes, this could potentially be a hint towards more class/race combos down the line.
Take from that what you will, since Blizz has a nasty habit of teasing the player base with Class/race combos that aren’t available to us.

And, not to give any false hope, but I for one am crossing my fingers for news on this come the announcement on the 8th. I’m keeping my expectations low, but I am MORE than willing to be surprised.

We got several class/race combo’s that npc’s can be that are present in the game.

Night elf paladin npc’s exist in the game.
A goblin monk exist in the order hall
There is an Alliance Worgen npc on island expeditions that uses shaman abilities.

Before panda dk’s were added you could recruit a panda dk in WoD as a follower.

Seeing stuff like this gives me hope but at the same time it might take a long time before it is a reality for players.

2 Likes

Monks should just go to all races imo it’s one of those jack of all class styles. Anyone can take on a vow of learning the ways.

I could have sworn there was an npc monk goblin anyways but I might be mistaken.

2 Likes

Yep! Gakkiz Blusterblast! On top of that, there’s also this Goblin in the Horde side shrine in Pandaria named Ruben Holen who appears to be a part of the Lorewalkers who sticks around reading a bunch of lore scrolls in the Shrine.

And also, the Monk Order Hall Mount talks about how the Grandmaster visited Kezan at one point in his life.

please bliiz goblin monk

I agree. Just as any class can be a warrior or DK (which I have serious issues with) Monk should be open to anyone who desires to learn the way of the fist.

Already there are too many examples of questionable race/class combos yet screamingly obvious ones like who gets to monk are ignored.

1 Like

Yeah! Especially with all the small little details that hints at their possibilities!

Whether it’s the Goblin Monk in the order hall, the previous grandmaster visiting Kezan, or a Pandaren in Ashran meditating to a Goblin oil rig.

It feels like they’ve been hinting at it, but haven’t done anything about it.

(Worgen should of course get them too since they’re the mirror race to Goblin)

In MoP when doing the Gob Squad quests, there are a few where you control one of the members of the squad in Ragefire Chasm. You are a fully animated goblin monk. The animations are already in-game. This seems like an easy one to flip the switch and add it in-game.

I think it’s time to make some push ! The animations are working fine .
Goblin Monk

1 Like