Goblin/Gnome DH?

I was thinking how much I’d love for this to be a thing. They could use fel mechanical gear to harness demonic powers like mechanical glaves and fel empowered goggles for the sight ability. Mechanical demon wings! The possibilities are endless! They could treat it the same way they did goblin shaman.

Oh how fun it could be :laughing:

Thoughts?

4 Likes

Omg lol just no. lol. hilarious, yes, but no lol. I wont toss out because of lore or why not… It would mostly just be like a meme thing lol. I mean I guess if you had a potion or food or something to turn you into a gnome as a dh temporarily but yeahhhhh.

Fair enough. I think it would be rad, but I can see your perspective.

I hope to God that Gnomes are allowed to be Demon Hunters. That way @Gnomest would get their life’s mission accomplished. But, then I’d be afraid if losing her.

2 Likes

Stop trying to encourage Gnomest.
She’s not allowed to sacrifice everything.

That said, give me my goblin monks pls.

Here is a look at my backstory for Gnomish Illidari Forces and my own backstory. The explanations I use in here explain how goblin and gnome demon hunters could very well be possible even with the current lore and implications. Here is basically a summary of the reasons why and how:

1. Faction Affiliation issues.
Not apart of the Illidan’s Illidari(Dispite the name), but rather a secretive independent organization that was founded for the purpose of developing technologies for the purpose of fighting the legion.

2. Solving the “Its too dangerous for other races”, argument.

Instead of absorbing demon souls into their body, they use technology. It is known in lore than demon souls can be stored and harvested for use in technological constructs. The storyline can be argued that doing it this way is far safer, but not without risks.

3. " Why would their be any need for demon hunters anymore? The legion is defeated. "

Countless worlds remain conquered by the legion and are still seething with demons. There is always the possibility that someone very powerful among those worlds may try to arise and unite the legion once again. Demons can also come in many forms and the purpose of demon hunters was not just to hunt demons, but to protect Azeroth. Whatever presents itself as the biggest threat is what they go after next.

There was never any mention of a group like this in lore. How can something like this actually be taken seriously in RP

A: We know that both goblins and gnomes can be warlocks. This means that some of them can tolerate what it takes to deal with fel magic. This also means that people out there can use darker and more forbidden magics for the greater good. Though it doesn’t technically exist in lore, it is canonically possible it could if blizzard wanted to make it so.

So this basically explains an open area that blizzard could make demon hunters open to goblins and gnomes if they wanted to. Now this next thing may come as a bit of a shocker. As much as I would love playable goblins and gnome demon hunters, I would much rather blizzard come out with a tinker class for them instead. It would also be nice if blizzard expands on some of the classes. Such as maybe goblin/gnome monks and or druids. Paladin is also highly requested.
You see here is the thing. It is already possible to look almost exactly like what a goblin or gnome DH would be like with the right mog, toy items and in game abilities. You’d be shockingly surprised how close to a similar experience playing outlaw rogue in the right way can really make one feel like they are playing an actual DH.

PS: Lets also not forget to love the other short race of this game. Goblins would look pretty amazing as DH too. If I get the glaives on my goblin, you may see a goblin DH around here sometime.

1 Like

I like this idea. Perhaps Blizz can create an Artificer class of sorts not unlike DnD’s? One of the spec’s could involve using a trapped demon to power weapons and stuff. Another could be using arcane energies and another uses something elemental related. I think Artificers exist in WoW already, albeit the ones specifically named as such are draenei. But goblins and gnomes definitely have some NPCs that would qualify as “warrior-engineer” types.

1 Like

Interesting. That would be kind of like the varied specs within mage. Artificer is also a class I could picture working for Draenei depending on exactly what kind of artificer. I’d love to see something like this happen. Although I do feel that there is a strong likeliness that no other race will ever get to be demon hunter, I also feel there is a possibility it could happen on account of the fact that there are so many worlds out there that have been conquered by the legion and there could also be many heroes with similar such abilities and also simply many groups we’ve never heard of. However, considering that the chance of goblins and gnomes is very unlikely of becoming a reality I am quite happy rping one.