Go look at M+ listing

He was saying he might not gain initial aggro so someone might be facetanking for a bit but overall he’s making it work as himself as the main tank in a dungeon. It’s not any less ridiculous than the dude who runs around in arms spec as main tank and will swap to a shield “for bosses”

Eh…

I could forget about the timer and just fear 2/3rds of every trash pack but then they run into other packs. Some like for example in Mechagon fear ran from the entrance of Bondo’s Yard to the damn bosses in the middle of the yard. Obviously wiped my group.

Just accept that some comps are garbage and much of that has to do with class vs encounter design being at odds. The devs aren’t perfect and BFA illustrates that.

Hyperbole!

I did a +15 last night, not only with no rogues, but with no Melee! I’m fact, I had 3 Druids in the group, (one Resto, two balance), a shadow priest, and a DH tank. Pretty far from a meta comp.

We timed it, even with a death on the first boss, a trash wipe to 8 stacks of bursting, another wipe on the lockdown guy + bubble lizard group, and losing percentages to a mob falling through the floor, forcing us to back track after we killed the last boss. Far from ideal execution.

But we did it. How? Why? Were we lucky? No, we all had decent IO, and we knew the dungeon. We were prepared with consumables. We all had the experience required to make a quick run, despite the errors.

No rogues required.

3 Likes

Balance is actually one of the meta classes. So your comp with a resto d healer wasn’t off meta by that much.

Anyone game trying this with 3 locks and a resto shaman healer? =P

I timed a 15 KR last night with a prot pallie and an spriest. We did have a rogue tho…I feel so dirty now.

1 Like

Hang on let me get this right. You are saying the double Boomie and another caster dps

Just want to be clear on that before I continue.

1 Like

And if you applied that same level of skill and organization with a comp that had rogue + another melee you would have finished the timer faster or double timed it

Class and spec advantages don’t just magically appear/reappear at some key level, they are always there

1 Like

No one is denying that there IS a meta. What I am saying though is that meta is NOT NEEDED until the very top level of keys.

Boomies don’t have the drawbacks of warlocks. Look at their IO rankings by participation. Boomies are 15% alone. All warlock specs combined are about 17%.

Why are Boomies doing better? Better mobility with starsurge procs. Better CC with treants versus warlock pet / fear being far inferior. I’ll repeat incase you missed it. Fear in M+ is BAD. It’s really BAD.

That doesn’t touch the imbalance of innervate versus healthstone. No doubt the soulstone is useful but only if you are dying which means something is already going wrong.

Then you have mass entangle and typhoon, which are FAR better M+ options than Shadowfury (plainly because so many other classes do AoE stun better and cheaper).

Basically this explains why Balance is 15% and all warlock specs combined are only 2% better. Warlock is far more limited, far more situational and honestly far more carried.

Im not talking about warlocks here. you said that double boomie and shadow priest “wasnt off meta by that much”

Because it isn’t.

Boomies mitigate a lot of the caster woes at the moment by having more mobility and more beef than some other casters. Their toolkit is also superior to other casters. So yeah while they aren’t a full melee comp which is meta, they are somewhere between meta and garbage.

Edit: This is the same reason BM is popular. High mobility, decent damage and a toolkit that compliments melee stun builds (doesn’t overlap DRs with snare).

yes boomie is probably better than some of the caster specs. but there is no way 2 beams on a 1 min cd and a shadow priest are anything close to meta. not even close

1 Like

To be fair yes, nothing is close to the full meta comp run in MDI, which is pwar / rdru / 2*rog / WW or DH.

But you’re giving warlocks way too much credit. Warlocks in M+ are inferior to Boomies in every way. Warlocks might get taken in very niche circumstances where every other spec is handling the important duties but outside of that they have little representation.

The only reason I bring this up is to highlight the serious design problems with BFA. I’d argue it’s not simply a class design problem but an encounter problem. Way too much mobility, way too much interrupts required and the timer pushes a focus on too much smash and grab mentality.

I never said warlocks were better than other casters (if I did then I miss spoke) what I sad was that a warlock can comfortable do keys as high as 99% of us will ever go

Every spec can. A feral can probably do a +20.

That doesn’t mean feral isn’t garbage at M+. Again this is a pointless point. People get carried all the time.

doing a 20 I would think would mean you are not “garbage” at m+ I think you and I have different definitions of what “garbage” is

Because the other 4 people in your party are experienced and playing meta.

If you are an experienced M+ in that case you can probably +20 a key with the aforementioned party.

People get carried all the time. This is a good example of a carry even though all 5 players are experienced.

% on the ladder doesn’t mean anything if it’s not indexed against % of participants. For example, if moonkin are much more popular overall, then their having a higher percentage on the ladder makes sense.

And yes, triple caster certainly did give us some unique challenges. The entire point of my post was that it’s “possible” to do an off meta comp even at a decent key level. “Must have rogue” mentality is dumb.

1 Like

Yeah, I was with a couple of friends from my guild and we were just pugging our way into whatever groups. We did 2 chest a couple of other 15s in that same session (obviously not with the druids)

Sadly the warrior is just there to buff the rogues.