Gnome or Human Caster based on looks?

Which one is the play Alliance side? Which looks better in gear? Completely ignoring racials, assuming they didn’t have any at all, which would be your pick.

1 Like

Looks are subjective of course.

To me human females look the best in caster gear. Human males are a bit too beefy. I rolled gnome for the OP racials.

3 Likes

I went with human because I like to see my gear fully. Gnome warlocks do look cool too though, it’s all preference.

2 Likes

In the case of gnomes, your gear can’t look bad if you can’t see your gear.

1 Like

I picked a human for priest, but that’s only because I couldn’t pick a gnome.

The reality is that every class will look pretty stupid in gear up to tier sets, and that’s because we all end up wearing some variety of mismatched patchwork until we get to the end.

Gnomes, due to their size and the way armor wraps on them, can look really cool in tier sets, but their clownish look in the mix-n-match leveling process minimizes how ridiculous it all is.

Gnomes look good in everything. And they’re cute. As a female player who tried but could not hang with Vanilla dwarves (as you see, I love dwarves in the new model)…gnomes and humans are amazing.

Robes–I have to say–drape very nicely on the elves. Still. Gnome.

I actually have no problem seeing gear on gnomes, using wowhead dressing room I found they look, better in Nemesis than a male human, seems male humans chest is too broad or something I can’t put my finger on.

I like the look of female humans but loath their casting animations. I also don’t care for the shortness and camera angle of gnomes but they probably have the best casting animation.

1 Like

Easy choice, gnome mage. I can’t even imagine doing any other race for Alliance, given the current choices.

I’m not even terribly fond of gnomes, in fact I would not choose them for any other class, but the female gnome mage just works!

2 Likes

I’m working on a male gnome warlock at the moment but man I wish my friends chose horde so I could be an orc.

I know right. I love me some Orc, Troll, Undead but most especially my Tauren Shaman. :frowning:

Same here, my guild wanted to roll Alliance for classic!

Gnome has the best animations ever no one even comes close I mean for the love of god have you seen evocation casting of gnome male mages, they literally raise their hands in the air like goku making a spirit bomb it’s freaking amazing

1 Like

It is true they have the best animations of the alliance casters, their run looks goofy af though

female humans have pretty cool casting animation

Gnomes are food

4 Likes

Im not sure I can get behind the female human casting. it looks off for some reason

I’m a fan of Gnome Locks. Your mileage may vary.

I support this, and have no conflict of interest to declare.

But in all seriousness, I think the principal difference is:

1. Human casters are cool
  2. Gnome casters are quirky

does this include male humans

I prefer the human aesthetic. Better casting animations and the gear is not condensed down so you can appreciate it more. Also. Those human females are thicc and the men are so muscly and handsome…what was the question?

Humans generally look the best in gear, most gear pre Legion was built primarily to be worn by a human, very few pieces of gear, even Horde exclusive gear aren’t initially modeled on a Human. There’s a certain sense of legitimacy that whatever you wear is going to look good on a Human. With a Gnome you’re pretty much never going to be able to get a good view of your pants or belt. In some scenarios not the worst trade off but it also means you’ll never have anything to look forward to in at least 2 gear slots aesthetically.

If you don’t care about aesthetics then Gnome is the no-life min-max Mage class but the difference isn’t large enough to warrant not liking your character.

People are either Gnome players or aren’t Gnome players, you won’t learn to like Gnomes just like you won’t grow to hate Gnomes.

Male human would be my choice.

Are you playing with some friends you know in person or just people you are friends with online? If you are playing with the latter, they aren’t really your friends and you should go orc based on this statement here:

Deep down you don’t actually like the alliance and playing races you don’t want to play just to hang with people that probably don’t care about you isn’t worth it.

You don’t like male humans.

You don’t like gnomes.

You don’t like female humans.

You should be playing an orc but you already knew that. Orcs are the only race you didn’t list a negative aspect for.

I’d say do what you find more fun and pleasing.