Gnome and Tauren Mount Size Update

Why aren’t the draenei included in this?

We are fiiiiine!

do we have oddly sized mounts?

I haven’t noticed.

but as for the gnome and tauren mount size reduction, this is a grave injustice and must be reverted at once.

1 Like

Quite frankly… most mounts are absurdly oversized for us Gnomes… and it isn’t even just that they look large due to our small size, most of them are actually scaled UP when we use them… there is no reason why my mount should be twice the size of that human next to me who is on the same mount.

Now if they are downsizing all mounts to our size… then that is a grave injustice… just fix the ones that are scaling up to not do so anymore…

As for Tauren… they most certainly should not scale their mounts down to normal size… they need them scaled up… they look absurd on normal sized mounts.

4 Likes

This change I’m iffy on. There are some mounts that I like how they are, but at the same time…I can’t deny that its going to be a good feeling to look like the mount fits the character and reach the reigns/controls.

So…huh. I get where Blizzard is coming from, but I also get where people who don’t like the change are coming from…what is this weird feeling I’m getting in my stomach?

Its a warm feeling.

It doesn’t feel right.

Am I…siding with Blizzard on a controversial topic regarding changes no one asked for? I refuse to admit it. Perhaps the archives are incomplete.

It’s a good change for the gnomes. Most of their mounts look like they couldn’t possibly ride. I liked how they changed the reigns for some of them.

1 Like

So what exactly is the change? I didn’t see it in the patch notes on wowhead, but I could’ve missed it.

1 Like

FTR, I jumped on the PTR last night as soon as I saw the notice posted on mmo-champion.
All of the mounts that you would expect to stay the same have, aka, the big mounts like the mammoths and such. Most mounts have been adjusted to a good size overall. Didn’t test on a tauren, don’t really care to.

We need some that upscale a little better, especially when it comes to horses and male draenei.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/gnome-and-tauren-mount-size-update/179977

1 Like

So long as when/if I hop on a horse it doesn’t suddenly become a pony… I’ll be happy… although… I totally want to see an Archerus Deathpony… and a Felpony/Dreadpony… added as actual mounts… not just as Gnome-sized replacements for the actual thing

Zandalari Trolls have a serious mount problem. They are so much bigger then all the mounts. At least mounts scale up with Taurens. And the Cobalt Pterrordax shrinks everyone, lol. I think we need an overall mount fix.

Ah, I see. Thanks. I haven’t played a tauren in over a year, so I guess I won’t notice it much.

It is a glaring issue for male draenei

1 Like

https://imgur.com/a/2opot7T

stares at the pony in the last frame

If anything, gnome mounts should have been scaled up to be even bigger.

Not a pony…Lil’ Donkey.
Note, it’s not named Big Honking Donkey.

I really hope that this happens for male pandaren. A lot of mounts look small with them on it.

And a couple of other issues that bugs me is how their bodies cover the entire saddle to the point of clipping into parts. Priest class mount is one example; the back of the seat clips into their backs so you see a portion of it sticking through.

Because it’s about total size not just wagglebooty size.

You know, they’re going to downsize mounts but weapons are ridiculously huge on some of us.

Idk what they’re thinking. Still, Tauren need bigger mounts.