GM Wont Give Achievement

So I was doing Been Waiting a Long Time for This with a friend of mine in Icecrown 10 man the other night. We got Lich King up to 30 stacks of Necrotic Plague and then killed him to get the achievement but when he went down, no one got the achievement. I recorded the entire encounter and you can clearly see that he is at 30 stacks prior to dying.

I opened a ticket and requested that I be awarded the achievement but was told I would not be getting it and then was explained to like I was a child how it worked. The GM even laughably suggested that people should track the achievement by calling out stacks of Necrotic Plague in party chat. Haha, I have Instance Achievement Tracker for that. After I told him that I had video proof of the stacks at 30 and could send Blizzard the .mp4 he appears to have just closed my ticket.

Is there anything that can be done? I am honestly shocked at the amount of unprofessional behavior I experienced.

I always record my achievements encounters in case something goes wrong but apparently that does not even matter. If Blizzard’s game breaks it’s your fault, not theirs.

When it’s an achievement that can be done/attempted again, GMs are almost always 100% hands-off.

If the system didn’t flag you for it, then something may still have been missed and it’s not something a GM is able to override.

You’ll need to give it another shot.

Edit to add that if you’ve actually experienced any unprofessionalism, beyond being told no, then be sure to fill out the survey attached to your ticket. That’s how you provide GM feedback.

7 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

If it’s not something that they can track on their side, then proof can’t be awarded. Videos and screenshots can be edited (not that I’m saying you did that here), and so that’s probably why it wasn’t accepted. They’d have to show their work on their side, and if there isn’t anything to show on their side, they’d have to deny the achievement.

That being said… the Lich King isn’t supposed to have the buff on him. Those stacks should be going onto the ghouls and the players, not the boss.

11 Likes

But I could make a video or doctor someone else’s (not saying you did) which is why they rely on their internal logs and not videos.

It’s always been like this. Achievements are one thing that GMs are almost always unable to interfere with. Again, since it can be repeated, there’s just nothing that a GM can do.

Edit: the survey should show up once the ticket is marked resolved.

5 Likes

Generally speaking, Nys, Game Masters don’t tend to get involved with achievements. There are an extremely limited number of times that they may be able to help and they are all very conditional. This does not appear to be a situation in which a Game Master may be able to help.

They provided recommendations simply because they were trying to provide what help they could. I’m sorry if you didn’t appreciate that.

If you believe you’ve encountered a bug you will want to post in the Bug Report forum so our QA team can take a look.

7 Likes

That might be your experience with your company, Nys, it isn’t with ours.

As stated by the Game Master, we have no known issues with the achievement, so if there is one, we need to investigate it so it can be verified and fixed. As you might know knowing about a potential issue doesn’t always provide enough data in order to verify and eventually fix it. Details are important and would be appreciated.

7 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

To be clear, they didn’t just close your ticket. They looked into the claim that you had an issue with an achievement, they confirmed that we don’t have any active bugs on it and that this wasn’t a situation in which they could help further. They wrote out a response to you, including some information that they hoped might help for future attempts. In essence, Nys, they followed the procedures they were supposed to based on what policies we have in place.

They did not open an investigation or otherwise break protocol by acting as a member of our Quality Assurance team.

Probably for the best, good luck to you, Nys.

6 Likes