GM Transfer issues

Hi. Recently promoted to GM of “Plague Riders” formerly “Grind” by the now ex GM due to him taking a break until shadowlands. However for what ever reason I have full access to the Guild Bank but no permissions? ability to due anything else aka gkick inactive players,change MoTD, etc. So I have been in contact ingame with previous GM and he has no idea whats happening or why. Suggested I make him GM again so he could maybe sort it but I cannot do that either. Tried contacting ingame Game Master but apparently you don’t have them anymore. Nice one Activision I assume. Anyway can you guys get this sorted asap. Cheers
PS. My toon Amyrane 120 gaurdian druid is GM not this one.

They most certainly do have game masters.

I wonder if it’s tied in with the 7 day cool down, like if you wanted to transfer the guild across realm, there is a 7 day cool down from the moment the new GM logs in (to the second). Just a thought.

5 Likes

First thing I’d suggest is a Full UI Reset to ensure that none of your addons are causing this and that it’s not a faulty UI.

Also, if you haven’t already, be sure to log completely out of the game, even the launcher, and then back in again to see if it clears up.

There have been a couple of threads where some strange things have been happening with guild leadership, so it’s also possible that’s the case here. But this is the first one I’ve seen where you took lead but none of the guild leader stuff works.

Give the UI a reset and see if that helps and if not, I’m sure we can find a ticket option for you.

5 Likes

All of the above may be true, but do you have an authenticater attached to your account?

2 Likes

Cant lodge a ticket in game. This has been going for well over 7 days so negative on cooldowns or w/e.

Do you know when you got the GM role? How many days it been, etc.

So, I had a GM look into this for you since you stated you couldn’t place a ticket. Two things, this could be UI related - but they borrowed that character and noticed you had the guild window minimized. They maximized it, so unless you have something in your UI that re-minimizes it, it should be that way on next login.

As to the ticket issue, you should always be able to put in a ticket, and that may be a bigger issue than that guildbank - that also could be a UI issue and a proper reset may not be a bad idea all-round.

4 Likes

Cheers…Fixed it ty. Haven’t changed UI Addon (Elvui) and have logged in and out 3 times since without any minimizing. Have no idea how that came about. Will keep in mind the reset suggestion should this occur again and will also attempt to contact the Elvui authors/coders whatever and see if they have any feed back from others…I think they have a discord…anyways all good tyvm

2 Likes