GM Response to the AV Bans

It was automated with trash systems…

Go troll somewhere else

4 Likes

That their system is automated and they obviously lie about it.
If every case was reviewed you wouldn’t have to overturn that many bans.
I’m not going to go into it much deeper because I’m not going to humor a forum troll.

13 Likes

The people who got banned for being AFK in AV got banned for being AFK in AV.

There were some that were banned for being mistaken for being AFK in AV, and they had their bans overturned. But the majority of bans were egregiously AFKing. (That means it was extremely obvious, by the way!)

There’s currently a top post on the ClassicWoW Subreddit demonstrating about 10 afkers.

2 Likes

Exactly…

There were people NOT AFK, but defending bunkers who got banned

IE; automation wave of bans; not reviewed

Not to mention multiple streamers have proved it too

2 Likes

So, you’re upset that the handful of mistaken bans got overturned…?

Please stick to PvE. You guys are all upset over AFK’ers finally getting consequences, and it’s not welcome.

1 Like

That doesn’t prove that.

It was a bug in the analythic data which is REVIEWED by an actual person. What are you not understanding?

Read above.

Translation: “I know that my argument won’t hold up so I will abandon the thread now.”

3 Likes

So, you can’t comprehend being lied to?

Please stick to PvE yourself homie, I’d hate to farm you.

1 Like

I’m well aware of the amount of AFKers in BGs, which is why I’ve been calling out the liars claiming they totally never afk’d ever before.

If you are either an AFKer yourself or only ever zugzug or, much more likely, never touched a BG in the entire game, it makes much more sense that you’d defend them.

3 Likes

based on the metrics that the system computes. Do you have any idea how much computational power this take?? like at all?? Id bet you don’t even know that silicon has reached its endpoint hence quantum pcs. If the system computations are flawed, which corrupt data is not unheard of especially when moving it around and in large blocks, it will give them metrics that are inaccurate they are reviewing.

So now you’re straw-manning?

So, you’re ok being lied to?

This is the platform issue, nothing else.

1 Like

seems like there is a list of criteria being automatically monitored. player reports, damage/healing, movements, proximity to other players etc. if you tick enough boxes you catch an automated ban. its half true when blizz says that player reports cant auto ban you. but they do tick a box. the only “bug” in the automated system was that they tweaked the criteria and it snagged too many legit players.

1 Like

I work on servers for the DoD for a living… lol

Please don’t try to compare looking at numbers metrics review. If the reports are reviewed, they’d see an irregularity, or they are not qualified.

Funny how this bug random pops up after years of having AV around.

Unfortunately i believe you have no idea how data can get corrupted even through normal use. Coding isnt perfect neither are pcs / hardware. It’s an every evolving practice even at a master level. What they gave is 100% plausible … now if it’s true or not goes off their word but thats just an opinion at the end of the day. I understand the frustration but it does concide with a new big patch update which always introduces bugs in any implementation.

2 Likes

You can write data a million times without fail, but there’s always a point it will fail.

Again, I’m more than qualified to understand this

It didn’t get corrupted. You’re defending the equivalent of upgrading accounts receivable data, then having a dispatcher log bug for an Oil/Gas company.

Think what you want, as I will

If you are defending a tower, say IBT and you get a debuff, how do you get in combat if the horde aren’t near you and attacking? You don’t, you get an afk debuff because of game design.

1 Like

Glad I don’t PvP in this game.
You’re literally banned when you do.

2 Likes

you would see an irregularity because you know already what the data should be. They don’t, they read what is given them until something like this happens and they go looking for it outside the realm they have to deal with.

Ie; not qualified to see such a huge irregularity, OR, automated and lied about it

You can literally fight any of the patrolling NPCs to get rid of the debuff.

1 Like