GM: "Don't use *HARDWARE* input broadcasting to multibox, either, if you care about your account."

Because it clearly doesn’t matter – to the line GMs or me.

unluckily for some at least, they interpret policy. And this is no court of law so if some GMs feel that input broadcasting is happening you have to

a) convince them that hardware input broadcasting is ok (several line GMs don’t seem to share that opinion)

AND

b) prove to them that it was pure hardware input broadcasting with zero embedded software (which is impossible with USB).

ya so are you, good luck

Follow is enough for most players, I would guess the only people who need more are the ones doing M+ or pvp.

Yeah a part of me is thinking that was the entire goal of this thread, to remove “input broadcasting software” and just make it “input broadcasting” which would cover hardware and software.
But that’s probably just my tinfoil and nobody would go to such lengths to manipulate a community

Just keep appealing if you didn’t do anything wrong :+1:

Thanks broski I shall :smiley:

I get reported for multiboxing daily. Multiple times daily for months and months. Even more lately. I know because those hate filled folks who spit on me and rage whisper me are kind enough to let me know they are also reporting me.
Im still here. Still multiboxing. Still following the rules set forth by Blizzard. I will continue to do so until Blizz says I cant.
You make your posts and ill make my gold and buy my tokens. Im up to 47 at the moment across 6 accounts.
Ive also started reporting people who are cursing at me for harassment. Have a good night Im off to blanket the world in Starfall haters.

3 Likes

This is bugging me a bit. So do line GM’s make the rules or do they enforce the rules?
If i understand correctly they only enforce the rules as laid out to them so they cant just make them up as they go based on feelings right?
Lets put that into a real world scenario. A cop beats you across the head with a crowbar because you were signaling left when turning left which is following the rules but because he doesnt like left turns its all good? That’s what that 4th grade educated email you got is supposed to lead me to believe?

3 Likes

And they would be going against policy themselves. If they take action based on their biases, they will be reprimanded if found out. I will again point out, hardware key broadcasting is NOT against the ToS.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/can-you-please-clarify-a-few-things-regarding-multiboxing/707988/14

The real question this thread needs to ask is what happens to players posting faked screenshots of GM convo’s on official forums in some foolish attempt to dictate how others play the game?

3 Likes

In opposite world, sure, but it was never meant to be hard sci fi and ask interesting/plausible questions. It’s like lexx, weird and a little scary in bits

lol I got mass-flagged by salty boxers don’t think you’re some kind of noble hero. And at least I had the guts to put my main out there and share proof. We have zero proof that you have done any of this noble boxer nonsense.

Wouldnt give someone like you the satisfaction. Youre nothing…nobody to me. Your opinion means squat.
Youre a liar and a hate filled little man. I have no pity for you.

The line GMs interpret the rules. And their interpretation is as far away from input broadcasters’ interpretation that using hardware instead of software to do input broadcasting makes it magically a-OK.

No one is making up rules here. The GM said

“isn’t this device has the same function as third-party input broadcasting software which allows a single keystroke or action to be automatically mirrored to multiple game clients? Isn’t that your purpose to play WoW simultaneously?”

which is a function of rule interpretation not rule fabrication. GMs interpret and enforce policy. If you want to appeal to them on an account action you have to file a ticket the same way I did and

a) convince them that hardware input broadcasting is OK

AND

b) prove to them that you were using hardware input broadcasting only without embedded software (which is impossible when it comes to USB).

Go right ahead, cling to the fact that these offshored / outsourced GMs have poor English. They’re still the ones interpreting the rules.

let’s not - your analogy is horrible and you’re only using it to take away from the fact that two different line GMs gave non-canned answers that indicated that they did not see the difference between hardware and software input broadcasting and that one of them said that I should not use it if I cared about your account.

Youre so blinded by hate it hilarious. Rage on kid.

1 Like

Input Broadcasting Software, not software in general

Otherwise everyone is reportable.

1 Like

how dare you insult Fifth Element. Consider your scifi card REVOKED.

1 Like

And if they interpreted policy against software input broadcasting towards removing automated gameplay to include hardware input broadcasting towards removing automated gameplay they would receive zero reprimand.

“isn’t this device has the same function as third-party input broadcasting software which allows a single keystroke or action to be automatically mirrored to multiple game clients? Isn’t that your purpose to play WoW simultaneously?”

This is not the employee you reprimand, this is an employee you reward. It’s only boxers who are clinging to the laughable idea that if hardware does the literal same thing as software Blizzard is a-OK with it.

And with enough appeals it’d be overturned :man_shrugging:

Because Blizzard said so, as can be verified by an actual Blue post

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/can-you-please-clarify-a-few-things-regarding-multiboxing/707988/14

1 Like

you lied and because you lied you got that answer

but they don’t

The GM you were talking to the last time does not understand/speak english well. It is very doubtful his word is valid.

You are wasting GMs time. With the number of real bots running rampant, they appear to be ignoring most of the reports anyway.

You went shopping for an answer. Three of those guys told you the opposite, you ignored them and picked the answer you wanted.

2 Likes

That last isn’t the answer he wants though, so he will ignore it and assume the guy who doesn’t understand/speak english is correct.

If I was a liar my post would not have been unflagged. It’s hilarious that false-flagging and mass-reporting me for trolling is not hate-driven but me drawing out from an actual line GM (the people who see your account appeals) that they see no difference between hardware and software input broadcasting is somehow “hate-filled”.

But then again, I’m being judged by people who think it’s perfectly fine and fair for one person to use up to 39 extra accounts to focus targets or clone abilities so you better believe my conscience is totally clear.

2 Likes

We shall see if this thread remains up in a day or so.

that isn’t what that means - it means the moderator who unflagged it didn’t understand why it was flagged in the first place. I have sent an email to make it clear to them why it was flagged.

1 Like