Glyph of Stars bugs still not fixed

Anytime a druid with Glyph of Stars looks at their character screen, their character shows with a white texture completely covering the entire model. I think this has been happening since 10.0.5.

Since I find this annoying I’ve tried removing Glyph of Stars, just to find more bugs: more than half the time the game “thinks” I am still using the glyph, so instead of seeing my Moonkin form my character just looks like their normal self (but without the appearance of the glyph). This seems to change sometimes when I mount/dismount, and sometimes I can randomly see my moonkin form correctly.

The character screen bug seems so obvious & reproduceable that I’m surprised it still hasn’t been fixed. Are the devs aware of this?

29 Likes

Wait, is this a visual bug? I haven’t been on balance spec at all this expac, if so that’s really concerning.

1 Like

I dont have the glyph but it still happens to me as well. 90% of the time I don’t even shift into boomie form, lol. The bars change and I am indeed an owl, but retain my former appearance. When this happens and I open my Character screen, I am a white model, too.

3 Likes

So that’s what’s causing it.

It changes my hairstyle and everything.

4 Likes

I just started trying to play druid and had this problem. I thought my game was bugging out. lol

2 Likes

Same here the character looks whited out….for lack of a better word.

2 Likes

Yeah, they’re visual bugs. What’s concerning to me is they’re so blatantly obvious and hard to ignore, that I don’t understand how they haven’t been addressed.

3 Likes

:rainbow: because they have your money :rainbow:

Err. Cough uhm, “holidays”.

The bizarre thing is that I show a zero texture HM Tauren model on the paper doll, but I’m a normal Tauren. Weird stuff.

1 Like

Bump since these bugs still annoy me

2 Likes

Gonna bump this so that someone from blizz hopefully sees it. This bug is still present in patch 10.1 and is extremely annoying.

2 Likes

Your character model is all white, seems to be missing all textures, as if you look closely, the all white model seems to have every appearance option. All hairstyles, eyebrows, ears, etc.

3 Likes

Does it do this if you have GoS at all, even when you’re not specced into Balance and the glyph isn’t “active”? This happened to me the other day and I’m currently Feral.

Can confirm mid July this is still happening. Such a blatant bug/glitch going 4 years strong at this point, is boomy just breaking the matrix or something?

1 Like

My druid is doing this too

1 Like

Saw the bug today, took the glyph back off again.

1 Like

I don’t understand why this isn’t fixed? I just came back from a rather long break because of this bug. I love boomy, but I can’t play without Glyph of Stars. I guess I’ll just go play something else for another 6 months lol…

1 Like

The only reason I can see this being bugged is because they’re working on more Boomkin forms behind the scenes. We know this for a fact, they made a blue post about it.

Now the glyph of the stars is broken, as well as the Highmountain Moonkin form. For some reason on Highmountain Taurens, we get both Antlers AND horns on our moonkin, when we should only have Antlers. Half the time the form doesn’t even show though and it looks like we’re just a normal humanoid, but with the benefits of moonkin form.

Still a problem. Double checked on my old druid character who has glyph of stars.

2 Likes

Same. Still bugged.

2 Likes

Oh this bug has been there for a long while, since at least 10.1, if not even before.