Glasses Transmog (Am I nuts?)

I bought the glasses today and tried to transmog them, only to find I could not. I have to take my helmet off to have glasses showing. I get the realism here, but why bother adding them to the game if we can’t transmog them? I can only think of a few reasons why I can’t transmog them.

• Am I the only one who can’t? Did I buy them from the wrong vendor?
  • Are the glasses bugged? If so, how does a bug like that make it to live after months of PTR testing? Does nobody at Blizzard test? Is that entire department gone or just unable to handle the most basic function of the job?
  • Or finally, is it Blizzards official opinion that anyone who wears glasses has demonstrably lower stats than people who don’t? Are they of the opinion that people who wear glasses are somehow lesser in a way that they need to punish?

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills.

I think you have to wear the glasses initially so that they become part your mog interface…
try putting them on and it should say " _____ has been added to your collection"

I did put them all on, and they aren’t adding to my transmog list. Are you able to mog them? If so then it might just be me and that’s at least not as bad.

I transmogged my helm into my eyeglasses. So you can’t have both your helm and glasses on at the same time, if that is what you mean.

Yes, equip your glasses first so that they are added to your collection. Then they should show up when you visit the transmogger.

i bought them on an alt then realized I couldnt use them on my main- did you do that? i dont think they are account-bound (thats fantastic!)

Holy crap, that appears to be the bug. You can’t mog them on the character who you bought them on, but it is showing up on all my other characters. That seems… odd.

I just double checked, the character who has them in her inventory can’t mog them. All my other character can. That’s so weird.

I bought them all on the character I’m posting on. I had this happen and realized I didn’t equip all of them so they were added to my collection first so I relogged to Mute and equipped each pair, problem solved.

That is odd and we’ve had way too much fun on Discord with glasses mogs and you’re the only one I’ve seen being unable to use them. I’m not sure what’s preventing you from being able to do it. Perhaps open a ticket about it.

If you don’t equip them and have purchased them recently it gets weird as that period when you can sell them back for full price you don’t technically own them.

You could also try equipping them and mogging them to something else. That forces ownership early.

I had a weird bug where it wouldn’t show in the preview window on the mog merchant, but would let me mog them. Once I closed and reopened his window, they worked like normal.