Glaives should be going to Warriors first, not Rogues

A very simple solution: If the MH drops first it goes to a warrior, if the off hand drops first it goes to a rogue as the MH benefits the warrior more as 1 piece and the off hand benefits the rogue more as 1 piece.

1 Like

Warriors only get a slight overall dps increase over a rogue with glaives if you are counting trash cleave. A warrior will never surpass a good rogue with glaives on single target. Yeah if your guild is competing for speed clears then by all means give them to a warrior to get the trash packs down 0.0001 seconds faster. But for boss kills??? Between an equally skilled warrior or rogue, the rogue wins that competition 100% of the time.

• if you aren’t in a competitive speed running guild, the class discussion shouldn’t even be part of the equation. Give them to the rogue or warrior that has contributed to the guild the most, and also plays their class at a high level.
8 Likes

Someone nailed it above. You give it to the person, not the class. That said, Warriors probably have more options especially when Sunwell drops.

6 Likes

You probably wont like what I am about to tell you .Glaives should be going to whoever wins that NEED roll. I get it , Warriors benefit greatly for not just yourself also the whole raid. That is if you stay and still help clearing and not just doing what a rogue would do .

1 Like

(Copied from other thread)
If I still raided as rogue and wasn’t first for warglaives I’d be looking for a new guild. Rogues have sword spec and don’t use anything else. Warriors have a ton of weapon options. You shouldn’t care who is higher damage. If you don’t want to be fair or respectful to a class then don’t slot it in your raid.

“And the evidence of many illidan clears has shown most of the guilds handed them to Warrior players.”
-100% irrelevant. Now stop necroing your own bad threads.
:axe:

6 Likes

Realistically, its gonna be guild specific on who gets them. As a prior poster mentioned, you give it to the player that has put the time and work in for your guild. If you have both a rogue and warrior that are that close, for a loot council, i’d argue at that point have a roll off between the two and make it fair. But its rare you have both a rogue and warrior that are deserving.

Rogue does probably need it more, as they have less other options, but its great for either class.

2 Likes

2k+ rogue that actually cares about pvp > warrior raid logger > rogue raid logger.

If you’re a rogue that raid logs and doesn’t pvp in tbc then you’re a joke and don’t deserve glaives.

3 Likes

Believe it or not, stacking melee on M’uru might actually be the play depending what version of him we get.

If we get the version of M’uru with pushback, it might be harder for hunters and casters to dps, while melee arent affected by pushback.

Oh no doubt - I just used that as an example cause it was the most recent kill video I watched and everyone in here was min/max nerding.

I think any combo can be done. Leet DPS in original t5 was 850 dps. Right now most raids are pushing over 2k. It will all be fine.

That’s the issue though, warriors will replace in sunwell.

This is a bait thread.

Any guild who isn’t a top speed clear guild knows glaives go to the person just like all Legos.

So all you hunters, you have a chance in this dude’s guild!

Clearly, this is a hunter’s weapon.

ALL weapons are hunter’s weapons…

2 Likes

Hunters can’t wear it.

hardest :billed_cap: kekw

1 Like

There’s no good reason to give it to a rogue over a warrior, warrior is superior DPS, the rogue is just there for IEA. I don’t expect logic stop the rogue cope train, however.

Well I am playing a resto druid and will do so in wotlk too. I dont expect me getting the mace in ulduar even if I were the best one and most attendanced healer in the guild as its just better on a paladin by a mile.

Not true at all.

Nyr works off of overheating and rdruids are really good at that as hots heal even if target is full HP.

Holy pally would be a close 2nd.

Lots of guilds don’t even bring a warrior lol. They aren’t necessary. I’d take improved EA over battleshout any day. I’ve yet to see a warrior in the top 5 DPS on any boss fight.

3 Likes

Post on a rogue or a warrior? If not then I know you are making this thread for your guild and not for yourself as this does not concern you at all.

2 Likes