Glad to see nothing has changed

Once again some Hunters are unable to use the pets they have collected. At first BM could us exotic pets at any level, then no, not until 60, now it’s back to you can’t use the exotic pets you have collected until you are level 39. GRRRRRR!!! Just leave us alone!!!

3 Likes

I Agree 100% !! Blizzard just leave Hunters alone!!! Your lvl squish was way more then just reducing levels as you destroyed many BM Hunters that had the Exotic pet ability and Exotic pets that many have played with for years as their main or only pets. All this did was ruin peoples gaming on WoW and made a lot leave. Blizzard should stick to their own rules (TOS) and NOT interfere with Players NORMAL game play!!!

But if you had the pets for years, why are you not max level?

3 Likes

Because I have other characters I play too that are maxed lvl and I play to have fun, not to just to see how fast I can reach max lvl like many do.

I understand you, but if your character got squished to below level 39 that means you were insanely low level, and not able to tame any of the good exotic pets anyway.

1 Like

Problem with that statement is my BM was high enough to have exotic pets and after awhile running only exotic pets you don’t need the regular pets and release them so make room for other exotic pets. So when they did the lvl squish and took away the BM hunters exotic pet ability some BM Hunters don’t have a pet to use unless they tame and lvl a whole new regular pet. So Blizzard Broke their own rules about interfering with players normal game play and should return the exotic pet ability to the players that already had the ability.

You don’t have to level the pets. Just tame any pet and level your hunter, it’s not hard.

1 Like

Sorry maybe it’s me but this whole thread and the complaint its voicing just doesn’t make sense.

So your saying it’s ok to take away a players exotic pets and force them to tame regular pets even tho they already have exotic pets they tamed but blizzard says you can’t use. Maybe they should take away everyone else’s gear they worked for and use and make them go use white gear instead of the good gear they have. Just lock up all the high level gear, let the player keep the gear but not be able to use any of it. Hey they can always run more dungeons and get the low level gear, That’s what your saying is ok to do. And yes Pets are part of gearing for hunters and getting some of them you had to go thru running dungeons and place just like you have to for all other good gear.

Yes.

Practically do that every expansion.

Maybe just play the game and stop whining. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Why didn’t you put them in your stable?

If the level of the ability changes, then yes. This happened after legion when they changed Exotic Beast taming from 10 to 65. Of course, prior to Legion, it was around 65 to begin with.

This is absolutely wrong. There is no pet family that you can’t find a version of it outside of instanced content.

1 Like

Glad to see nothing has changed

…and complains about something that has changed.

This is only an issue for an incredibly tiny population of BM low-level, XP-disabled PvP Twinks. How small is that population? I can’t even imagine.

For everyone else
A) Non-Exotic examples of every pet subset are easy to find.
B) They’re just as good for leveling, as none of the exotic abilities are game-breakingly powerful and leveling … not hard. I leveled a Survival hunter in pre-patch with a Cat and a Scalehide. Piece of cake.
C) If you’re actually leveling, you’ll be 39 in no time. The time you spend crying about this is seriously a significant fraction of the time it would take you to get to 39. Shut up and play.

Yeah, that whole reference to “tame and level” makes me think the poster doesn’t actually play retail in the first place and is simply trolling.

And he must have missed the wailing and gnashing of teeth about the Heirloom changes.