Giving back SnD is a waste of CP and Gcd

I’ve played sin mainly for a longtime and I don’t like needing to rupture and keep up SnD.

Sin has no need for haste and has no globals to spare for a maintenance buff, rupture always needs to be up so that’s 2 maintenance abilities.

2 globals to even think about doing damage is just disgusting, who asked for this ?

33 Likes

Sin used to have a passive called Cut to the Chase that caused Envenom to refresh SnD to it’s full duration. Hopefully they bring that back?

cries in Arcane Mage and Unholy DK

20 Likes

Its not haste, at least classically not haste as a stat. Its attack speed, that’s actually different.

It does a few things, first it causes your auto swings to be more frequent giving you more consistent white damage as a component of your DPS.

Second it increases your poison proc rate based on the increase in auto attacks.

right now its not like Mutilate or envenom actually do anything, most of the damage in retail is passive or RNG, so something a little more under your control is not so bad.

Also SnD is good because its a very easy to adjust ability that blizzard can use to tune rogue DPS more accurately for PVE while tuning PVP abilities like Mutilate, Dispatch, envenom, etc more correctly toward actual damage rather than application buff modifiers.

19 Likes

Assassination is basically a DoT spec at this point…yeah adding SND isn’t exciting for Assassination but Blizz can add something to make it work if it slows down the spec too much.

Its so antithetical to the roots of the spec. Mutilate use to be the big burst spec, LOL…

7 Likes

I assume you mean attack speed by this since it’s the spec that needs Haste the most for energy regen. When it comes to SnD think of it as your first Envenom though. You’ll be using it after your Rupture. You might not use it at all if you’re quickly killing mobs for a world quest. SnD would have higher priority if it actually interacted with the spec at all such as granting the Energetic Recovery effect that Sub has.

You know Slice and Dice is going to cause those abilities to be nerfed, right?

8 Likes

Actually no, they can tone down the mastery a lot and move the damage into active abilities again.

Not sure why you guys are so obsessed with passive abilities and procs and RNG BS now days.

Moving damage from passive into active is good because it removes the training wheels from the class build, making bad rogues bad again, and good rogues good again.

6 Likes

I have to agree that people are okay with corruptions melting targets but somehow using SND is bad? Not following that line of thinking either.

SND can and should be made to be more interactive for Assassination IMO. But for both Sub and Outlaw it is a welcomed return to have SND back. :thinking:

12 Likes

I agree 100%, I’d much prefer my actual abilities being the bulk of my damage, but with the way Blizzard balances things, instead of nerfing the power of passive damage sources and redistributing that to actives it’s more likely that the actives are going to be nerfed to make room for Slice and Dice’s increase to passive damage sources (Autoattacks and Deadly Poison/Instant Poison procs).

2 Likes

That’s on blizzard for sucking at their jobs.

I suspect that rogues are passive damage because they hate rogues, not even kidding. They dont want us to control our damage because then we might kill something and flex our skills.

6 Likes

im actually looking forward to slice and dice for sub and assa

7 Likes

Blizzard can do that without SnD. SnD is not a prerequisite to moving damage from passive to active abilities.

4 Likes

A few people looking at the PPM of poisons with and without SnD found that the increase in attack speed didn’t increase the PPM of poisons.

Blizzard is really, really trying to make SnD not feel rewarding. They’ve limited it to only white damage, no interaction with poisons, no interaction with energy regen, no interaction with cooldowns… it’s as boring as Blizzard could make it.

2 Likes

When did blizzard make poison PPM?

In classic it’s 100% pure % chance on hit as far as I can tell, making high speed attack rates proc more awesomeness.

It was % based at least all the way into wrath and potential even in cata and mop.

Is it become PPM as a component of blizzard being spiteful to rogues with WoD and later?

Some will say blizzard doesn’t hate rogues, but I know better. Super Sticky Glitter Bomb says hi.

That and the over simplification of the class into basically all passive damage from what was formerly the most active damage of any melee in game.

The sharp contrast of rogues in classic vs what they are in retail annoys me greatly.

PS how do you like P5 Dungeon set 2 4PC vs P4 BiS?

I’m on the fence about the dungeon set2 because as long as the raid comp is good and as long as my guild isn’t too drunk or high I can put down damn good damage even without world buffs, hell most of my raids are just mongoose for consumes and standard raid buffs because I like the dirt nap on the first pull, it’s my thing.

That affected Druids too though. And we know Blizz doesn’t hate Druids.
Affected Mages too if we want to include Greater Invis, but I think that’s reaching.

1 Like

Technically true and would also technically hamper hunters, but not to the same degree that it hurts rogues.

I like how the one spec that actually wanted snd back, combat, still has to deal with the stupidity that is rtb… this deb team definitely didn’t play rogue before our specs were destroyed after MoP. They certainly don’t listen to us about what makes the class iconic… rip gouge.

10 Likes

It’s really sad because as basic as classic wow rogue is when compared to TBC or Wrath or Cata or MoP, it’s 10X better than retail.

3 Likes

SnD is bad for Sin unless we get improved poison proc rate and Envenom refreshing.

Give us those or take it out. I don’t need another maintenance buff to keep up.

3 Likes