Give Worgen Tails

Yeah it is if it’s licensed by blizzard or used by blizzard own art staff. Don’t worry your opinion that worgen shouldn’t have tails is in the minority so when we get tails you can have that new lore you stated high mountain tauren want

4 Likes

Canon doesn’t mean “official”. Plenty of things are licensed or created by Blizzard and not canon. The RPG books are not canon for example.

Here is some possible good news for worgen players i will post a link below and let you see it and hopefully this may also lead to worgen’s getting tails and more customization options.

#Give_worgen_tails

3 Likes

That’s actually something I’ve mentioned myself in the past. Like you said, the worgen curse is a curse. We’ve never actually seen what would happen if you get a full on blessing from Goldrinn himself. So what if a result of that is you get a tail? Seeing as we get every other part of a wolf type body off the curse to begin with.

If you want a decent lore explenation, then some worgens went and got a blessing from Goldrinn, and heck, even have a little questline for it like the dark ranger, gold eye blood elves, ect.

3 Likes

No it was confirmed by the devs Human Worgen in lore are 8 feet tall.

3 Likes

They’ve been shown to have tails in art.
Just like Orcs were only out of game depicted with upright spines before.

Tails are valid.

If you don’t want to use it, we’re asking for it to be optional so just don’t use it.

Very good news to hear.

I’d love to pound round Gilneas again with our people resituated.

Even better if they use the opportunity to give more customizations.

7 Likes

Only people suffering going be roleplayers on moonguard that use gilneas

With the model update we LOOK good. But the second we move it’s super awkward. A tail would help balance the movement but I don’t think it’d cure the awkwardness. Not to mention just how terrible running wild looks on female worgen.

4 Likes

I hate that Gilneas is a complete city in every way except no npcs or facilities. 99% of the hard work to make it a proper city is already done. It’s a completely constructed city. All they need is npcs… and it’s been that way for over a decade… Sigh

1 Like

Once again, none of that art is canon. What appears in game, until said otherwise, IS canon. You cannot compare concept/promo art to what has actually appeared in game in terms of lore weight. Evidenced by the fact that Blizzard has quite literally said “worgen don’t have tails”.

1 Like

So just like Orcs.

For a long time they only appeared outside of wow standing upright despite promo art, other games, or even stories.

There is literally nothing in the way of the request.

It’s fine if you don’t want it. Just don’t use it.

1 Like

Dont worry the word optional can be hard to understand:

op·tion·al

/ˈäpSH(ə)n(ə)l/

adjective: optional

1. available to be chosen but not obligatory.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Not like orcs because, and I said this in the post you first replied to, orcs had straight backs all throughout warcraft 3. There were also straight backed Orcs in WoW, Thrall’s Cataclysm model for example. Orcs with straight backs have been present in WoW longer than the period where none existed in WoW.

Edit: Also help that at no point has Blizzard ever said, “straight backed Orcs are not canon”

Exactly like Orcs. They didn’t have the thing. Now they do. What they had outside of WoW has no bearing since Worgen outside of WoW have tails some of the time.

Same thing.

Blizzard devs have also changed their minds before so also not an issue in any regard.

Again, if you don’t want to use the tail option. Don’t. We’ll continue to request it and when they give it to us those of us who want to use it will. Just like orcs. :smiley:

1 Like

I’m not sure how we’re going in circles on this.
Orcs had straight backed characters IN GAME. Orcs with straight backs existed in lore.

There are no worgen with tails in game. There are no worgen with tails in lore.

These are not the same.

2 Likes

There is nothing in lore saying they don’t/can’t have tails. Plus it’s a real easy fix. Quest where gilneas reclaimed and goldrinn moves in and becomes their patron deity and this enhanced bond makes them more wolflike allowing them to fight without weapons and some grow tails.

Source?

3 Likes

Christie Golden is a Senior Writer at Blizzard.
Llorewalker (aka Sean Copeland), is the Historian Supervisor of Blizzard’s Creative Development team. Sean was promoted to senior historian around March 11, 2014. He was later promoted to lead historian in March 2016, and became Head of Lore in September 2017.

1 Like

There was only one worgen in that and it was Genn. Genn does not have a tail. This doesn’t mean worgen cannot have tails.

2 Likes

Did you miss the last sentence which quite literally says:
“Worgen don’t have tails”?

1 Like

Did you miss the part where “times change”. Worgen can get tails from something in the future.

2 Likes