Give Worgen Tails

Maybe I’m dull but I don’t see how pinning a tail on a huge furry wolf-person with ears and snout and all somehow turns them into a furry any more than they were already.

Only in your mind.

Tails won’t make them furrys.

Then don’t look at those memes?

Police your own experience.

#giveworgentails
#giveworgenuprightposture
#giveworgenlorecorrecteightfootsize
#giveworgenasolidtrueblack
#giveworgentopofheadears
#giveworgenmoreworgencustomization
:wolf:

I mean right?

Some people go out of their way to deny others something, with literally no logic behind it, and can’t see it.

2 Likes

Ask Blizzard. They seem to like to pin the tail on the werewolves.
Imgur
Imgur

I wouldn’t say it’s 100% about furry related stuff :stuck_out_tongue: By that logic, I would be on Moon Guard or something instead of sitting in a pve centric server like Sargeras where furries would generally stay away from because they can’t RP in this server. D: Even more so, if it was 100% furry related, don’t you think all these worgen players asking for tails would have gone Pandaren or Vulpera by now?

Not a furry myself. I just like worgens because they look cool. Been a worgen player since day 1 of Cataclysm literally the moment I got my realm first 85 DK achievement.

A tail would make em look even more cooler/balance out the flaw that is the running animation we have now. Plus no idea how a tail would even make something “more furry” and look weird when Worgens are literally giant talking wolves. If anything, it’s weird they don’t even have one to begin with.

3 Likes

Odd, I would think they would stick with the worv based warewolf design then double down on The art… unless that is fan art, I always found worg’s more scary then warewolves.

Speaking of which;

Seems some sites disagree with you;

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werewolf

https://paranormalschool.com/werewolves-tails-werewolf-facts/

http://ilovewerewolves.com/do-werewolves-have-tails/

You can find more results here on this Google search;

https://www.google.com/search?safe=active&client=ms-android-verizon&sxsrf=ALeKk02RIF9SfJFiV1XsNJp-afX31ZiTzA:1617055320086&q=Do+werewolves+have+tails%3F&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiV3L2_wNbvAhXsp1kKHadKAPIQzmd6BAgOEAU&cshid=1617055461539&biw=412&bih=751

Granted in art depictions very, and you can take these as words of salt, but generally it is seen that if a human transforms into a wolf it is more logical, and believable, if they are tail less.

1 Like

Werewolves aren’t real.
They can have tails or not… it does not change anything but aesthetic and realism for balance especially for male worgen. Worgen lose toes and fingers and fully change their skull shape but tails (which would just grow out from the human tailbone) are somehow weird to have… I will never understand why people try to explain how wolf tails on a werewolf is weird.

Any time I personally have seen or drawn werewolves they have tails. It just makes sense :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Not fan art. Actually cards you can find in Hearthstone right now, among others. :smiley:

Even the promotional art had tailed worgens in it for Hearthstone. Especially in the trailer for the Hearthstone expansion that had multiple tailed worgens.

Also let’s not forget, there’s aren’t simply ordinary werewolves. Sure they all have the whole bite and spread aspect to em, but they originally came from the druids Pact form, that was indeed a tailed wolf form. It wouldn’t be out of the question that we could possibly unlock that tailed form, along with druids also getting a cool unique wolf form they can use instead of cat form.

2 Likes

I guess, but I don’t take hearthstone for a grain of salt, and those pics are cringey.

Here fir hoping they don’t implement tails for worgen in WoW.

Also worgen isn’t normal warewolves? What are you smoking? They checked off everything that an ordinary warewolf is! A curse? Check. Spreads through bites? Check. Is crazy until an form of control is found? Check.

1 Like

If you’re looking for something scary and savage, look at the one I posted first then. Now that’s how you interpret a scary looking wolf person. The tail doesn’t even ruin the picture, it just looks natural with it. :smiley:
Imgur

Traditionally werewolves appear because of the full moon. Worgens are always in wolf form 24/7 unless they decide to turn it off. The origin for worgens are completely different compared to your regular werewolf. It’s all druid magic, and as we see, you can do a LOT with druid magic, to the point you can even transform in to a ancient race from draenor, the saberon, and use that as your new cat form. If anyone can help out worgens unlock that tailed look, look no further than the druids. Hell the barber shop person has magic that surpasses even that of druid shapeshifting capabilities. They can literally change your gender and morph your face around, and in pandarens case, remove and place tails. You can do the same with a worgen, have a on or off switch for a tail thanks to the barbershop!

3 Likes

Tail ruins it for me, sorry, can’t take it seriously.

1 Like

Cool.

Aside from the first one which is the historical basis for werewolves, none of them are relevant sources.

In fact most of them rather plainly are just opinions based off the differences between fictional and historical werewolves…

So, many werewolves have tails, others do not.

Doesn’t change that werewolves in many places have tails… so…

They change their bone structure during said transformation.

Given the human tail bone made up of five or so vertebrae bones (though fused together and vestigal) there isn’t any reason that humans turning into wolves wouldn’t be able to also end up with a tail even by their own logic.

More importantly, if you encounter a werewolf in one media with a tail and one in another without, they’re still both werewolves.

Its up to that media to decide if their werewolves have tails or not.

EVEN MORE IMPORTANTLY.

Worgen aren’t actually werewolves either. They’re worgen. Blizzard can do whatever the hell it wants with them and its just how it is.

So I’ll just keep requesting the optional tails.

…how are they cringey?

They’re just worgen with tails…

We’re asking for it to be optional. Don’t use it if they add it.

Problem solved.

Still worgen. They’ve never been called werewolves to my knowledge in wow. Its not even lycanthropy.

Its the Worgen curse.

You’re almost as bad as Lore…

2 Likes

I did say you can take it as a side of salt. Either way, it does prove my point, tail less warewolves is more common culturally, and logically.

Yes, but without adding a tail as it would be a pointless addition, and just weird.

Because everytime I see a humanoid wolf with a tail I think of a certain guy in a furry custum and he looks ridiculous.

I would rather it not exist at all.

Everything in WoW is almost worded differently, don’t make them less of a warewolf.

To me a tail would fix a lot of issues. It’s why we keep mention it being a optional thing and not forced on everyone else. You can keep it off if you want, meanwhile the ones that do want it can use it. It’s like how some orcs run around with straight backs now when people initially complained about it at first. Same with boneless which people actually did dig hard on that one for controversial reasons.

When you see a image like this, you can see how unbalanced worgens look when they run. A tail will actually help out a lot with that.

Also if you wanna talk about taking it seriously, then what better way than a wolf tails? Wolves have been known to have all sorts of body signals when it comes to their tails. You see a angry wolf with a tail at a stand still that’s all angry looking. You run away from that. To me worgens just look goofy and not expressive enough, where a tail would definitely give it just that, more expressions.

5 Likes
  1. worgen is able to talk for one… So that is unnecessary. This just screams furry fandom and it is cringe.

2. They are humans first and formost. Why would they all of the sudden forget human manners lol.

Worgen needs an animation fix for sure, but adding tails isn’t it.

1 Like

And how exactly does it scream furry fandom?
I’m literally talking about a wolf out in the wild and comparing it to the man wolf in game. There’s nothing harmful at all in that.

You look at something like running wild, you know, that one spell no one touched but now suddenly everyone uses it now that it’s basically a free mount to ride on in the maw. You ask a lot of worgens and they always say the same thing. It looks super awkward. If you give them the idea of adding in a tail, they’ll liken up to it and agree that it’ll make it less awkward. Doesn’t have to be a furry, it can be a high end arena player or a mythic raider like me who could care less about furries. If the idea of more customization is harmful then you should look at Shadowlands and all the customization they added in. If anything worgens at least need something big seeing as they severely received the shortest end of the stick when it comes to all the core races.

4 Likes

Everyone always pulls the classic furry excuse for why worgens can’t have tails. I guess Tauren, pandaren, and vulpera should have no tails. Or the other dozens of tailed races. Also, Saberon use the worgen skeleton and they look great with tails. They don’t look like a cartoon fursuit at all so I don’t understand that reasoning.

Furries will like an anthro race whether they have tails or not. Plenty like worgens so this changes nothing. Also, furries really aren’t a big deal.

From a design perspective, worgens look very unbalanced and goofy without a tail to even out their posture. They walk like they should have a tail. They are about to fall on their face when walking. And when Running Wild you can see how stupid it looks not having one to balance out their stance.

#giveworgenstails

3 Likes

It really doesn’t… Historically its relatively vague, like most fairy tales and monsters. Contemporarily its both yes and no for tails.

Or they could add a tail. It makes no difference.

It makes you feel weird. That doesn’t make IT weird.

If you’re not a furry it shouldn’t make you feel much of anything…

Thats a you problem then.

A you problem.

It means Blizzard doesn’t have to conform to standard tropes. In any way.

Its why our elves are so weird.

Whatever. You’re just another Lore here.

#giveworgentails

4 Likes

I already get memed. I actually had someone say to me the other day “I can’t decide of Cur is a furry or really likes werewolves.”

I WAS VERY IMPRESSIONABLE WHEN TEEN WOLF CAME OUT OKAY?!

2 Likes

I’ve been wondering if the draenei animations/skeleton weren’t taken and heavily modified and given new head rigs to create the worgen ones.
It’d make a lot of sense to start with something existing and modify it enough to make it unique rather than starting from scratch.

I know with the males, Kil’jaeden shares an attack animation with the worgen.
There also seems to be a design path to the demon hunter transforms and the Stoneborn gargoyles.

All of these seem to share a design path.
There’s elements of the Stoneborn that feel very worgen, but they share animations with the demon transforms, and when I, as a draenei, knelt next a Stoneborn, it looked like the same animation.

This could explain a bit of why the animations feel off without a tail as well. they were originally made for a race that had one. We also know these animation sets still have tails as they’re used for other models that have them.

I find it all interesting.
People say the Kultiran use an all new rig but you can definitely seen a design path shared with Vrykul and Orcs. There’s animations shared between the two that just look they’ve been mirrored. Also explains why I feel like I’m playing my orc when I’m playing my Kultiran. You’ll have some animtions that are almost the same except a limb has been moved to make it look a bit different. Same way it was done with the Night Elf and Zandalari.

It’d be real neat to see an upright idle more like the Draenei male/stoneborn have for the male worgen. I also think this is a big part of why it happened for Orcs, the rig was being modified to create other things like the Mok’nathal and Kultiran so the work was being done to have a more upright posture for those and was back added.

Pretty cool stuff.

I’ve been playing Skyrim again recently and have gone werewolf this go around. Noticed that model has a tail too (or at least the one I’m using does) The running animation on all 4 is considerably better than “running wild” as well.

1 Like

Give worgen. Tails!!!

Honestly, looking at your posts, it sounds more like you just have an irrational hatred of furries rather than a legitimate dislike of the idea to give worgen tails. You don’t have to be this way, let go of the hate and just ignore people doing things you dislike if it doesn’t harm anyone.

Also, werewolves always look better with tails, in my opinion. We should give worgen some!

4 Likes