Give Worgen Tails

Lmao, once again he completely dismisses the massive whale in the thread that is Warcraft Chronicles. Goes against his agendas

4 Likes

ā€¦

Who is Josh Allen?

1 Like

Wow this happens a lot to you huh Josh? That sucks. Hard to hide your identity when your in game chars are you well known online tag. But go off I guess :stuck_out_tongue: silly, silly man.

Regardless of your words I know your real intent. I appreciate that. I know you canā€™t acknowledge it but Iā€™ll know that in my heart you acknowledge it. But sorry for breaking your character. We can go back to fighting if you want.

1 Like

Honestly, if you really wanna say the whole take away from this thread is ā€œthe loreā€, you have to first admit that Warcraft Chronicles happened. That book has such insanely major retcons in it, along with many other things that came from and stemmed off of it. The whole ā€œloreā€ argument is irreverent when weā€™ve been told forever that we defeated only the manifestation of the old gods(Yogg-Saron/Cā€™thun). We were shown in Mist of Pandaria what happens if you actually kill a old god. Well surprise! Here comes bfa to tell us we did kill em and nothing at all came from it.

1 Like

This guy is still at itā€¦ wow.
Heā€™s just obsessed with preventing other people from having more options. Utterly bizarre.

3 Likes

You canā€™t fix nor reason with stupid.

3 Likes

Iā€™d more say itā€™s selfishness and malice rather than stupidity. Lawful evil. Using the ā€œestablished rulesā€ to the dissatisfaction of others.

5 Likes

He says itā€™s in the lore that Worgen canā€™t have a tail. Iā€™ve said ok prove it show us where it says that word for word. He will not say because the truth of the matter is its not in the lore. Your own head cannon of they didnā€™t get it to start there for its lore that it canā€™t exist is a terrible way to comprehend something. The concept art had tails, the terrible management of the Worgen model had Blizzard run out of time before Cataclysm release so they put out a terrible model that was incomplete. So now it opens up a chance for us to gain back what was the original concept. And to keep people happy you make it optional. If you want the tail you can have it. If you donā€™t well by all means keep the current look.

6 Likes

i wish the guy would leave the thread alone, wouldnt it be trolling this topic at this point?

#giveworgentails

4 Likes

He knows heā€™s trolling anymore cause he knows heā€™s beat. If he had a point he would have made it long ago.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll probably start reporting him if he keeps making the same flawed points without addressing the rebuttals.

2 Likes

Not sure his posts would be counted by mods as trolling. Heā€™s effectively stating his (flawed) opinion.

2 Likes

It is trolling via spam. He isnā€™t holding a conversation. If I posted ā€œI HATE WORGENā€ 30 times, it is obviously spam and trolling. He is just being a little more sneaky about it.

2 Likes

I want my tail option. Also Lore, really give it up with the ā€œloreā€ argument. Even if you may have been accurate on that, which youā€™re not, Blizzard changes their lore on an almost bi-weekly basis.

In either case, it falls flat on its face.

3 Likes

Honestly Iā€™m completely fine with people bringing up counter arguments in threads about nerfs/buffs, major gameplay systems and mechanics, but this one is just a simple request for optional tails that you can choose not to run around in if you want your worgen to be tailess. It isnā€™t gonna hurt anyone in the end, plus a lot of people actually bring up good reasons on how they could implement tails while still sticking with the lore. They constantly say ā€œlore lore lore loreā€, yet weā€™ve already established that the lore can easily be changed.

Like look here, orcs are depicted to be ā€œHumanoids with bad postureā€, and Blizzard stuck with that for the longest time until WoD. Things can easily change when it comes to cosmetics completely out of the blue, itā€™s not harmful to the story of the game, nor the gameplay, itā€™s simply just a cosmetic change that people are actually passionate about. If Lore wants playable Ethereals, and at the same time give the female models breasts simply off of the idea Blizzard gave from a Hearthstone card, awesome, Iā€™d like that too myself, helps distinguish both genders. Much like how Hearthstone also depicts worgens with tails.
https://i.imgur.com/lGwU5aI.jpg

6 Likes

Give all races more customizations!!!

4 Likes

Disagree about it not hurting the lore. Blood elves were definitely described as fair skinned in some of the books and now we have dark skinned bloodelves that look terrible imo. And they also have void elves now that look like high elvesā€¦

Doesnā€™t change any lore in any meaningful way thoughā€¦

Theyā€™re skin tonesā€¦

Nothing has changed.

What hurts lore is the Draenei. Even that barely affected us.

Devs so far have only said theyā€™re to give Alliance players high elves. No confirmation on if they should be considered void elves.

Itā€™s just a Wildhammer vs Bronzebeard thing.

#giveworgentails
#giveworgenuprightposture
#giveworgenlorecorrecteightfootsize
#giveworgenasolidtrueblack
#giveworgentopofheadears
#giveworgenmoreworgencustomization
:wolf:

4 Likes

Iā€™ll preface this with that I have no issues with them having other skin tones since more customization options is always a good thing.

That said, except it does.

It is always said over and over again how Worgen tails would be ā€˜against loreā€™, despite the simple fact there is no ā€œloreā€ stating they donā€™t have tails, there is not a single in-game spoken word/quest dialogue/book/etcā€¦ that says ā€˜Worgens do not have tailsā€™.

There is no out of game lore that says it either, besides the one book correction twitter post mentioned in posts above.

The only ā€œloreā€ of them not having tails is that the model simply doesnā€™t currently have one, same as humans didnā€™t have other skin tones, and didnā€™t have any lore saying they didnā€™t have other skin tones.

Blood/High elves however do have actual written lore saying that after they broke away from the original night elf civilization the race as a whole lost its skin pigmentation and the entire race as a whole became fair skinned.

So them not being fair skinned is specifically breaking written lore, unlike worgen tails, or human skin tones.

Now is that a bad thing? No, customization options are good, but it is hyprocisy when the same ones who are fine with dark skinned high/blood elves that actually break lore go on about worgen tails breaking lore, when there is no ā€œloreā€ that they donā€™t other than the model does not currently.

3 Likes

Lore is constantly retconned. I like the dark skins personally. Described as fair skinned in some of the books, but turns out hey not all of them are. Doesnā€™t hurt anybody or anything. Blizzard has done much more damage to lore that actually matters than that.

3 Likes