Give Worgen Tails

Until they do… not a big ask for Blizzard, and I bet they’re giving it a good think with customizations being a major thing with this expac.

What players were asking for was the lore associated with the elves that did not rejoin their kin in Quel’Thalas and become Blood Elves…

Do you know any lore?

Honestly… making a lore reason is going too far. They don’t need one. Its a small non essential part of worgen. Much like Elves with darker skin could just be it wasn’t a thing before cause we didn’t have an option and in reality they just decide it was.

The lore wont be hurt in any capacity if worgen had had tails the whole time. Theres no need to pretend tails would change a thing about them lorewise.

Give worgen tail options.

Blizzard has stated that the blue eyes are the effect of ARCANE magic. They have also stated that Blood Elves would, with the Sunwell being cleansed and now 50/50 Arcane and Holy, get their blue eyes back over time.

Some would get gold some would get blue. Depends on the elf and their relationship with the Arcane/Holy dynamic of the Sunwell.

Its purple that we still don’t know what they’re caused by.

No, they have not. Why does everyone think this? Void Elves are very different from folk who have played too much with void magic.

I do wonder why Blizzard decided to go the Alternate timeline route to give us Mag’har… I suppose it was just to seed the Lightbound as a threat later.

This never happened…

What are you on about?

None of this happened in any capacity like the Void Elves we have now. Some Blood Elves were studying Void magic, thats all that occurred from TBC until Void Elves were made.

The group Umbric lead left (exiled) relatively recently for their studies and was fundamentally changed with the trap meant to turn them into void beings.

Avoid telling people they have to leave a thread. Turns out thats against the Coc.

I can’t say why I know that, without vaguely violating the coc myself, but I know that for sure.

May get dropped. Mods have relatively wide discretion on what they choose to see as Trolling. shrug

haha! Lich Queen. Love it.

It can at the very least affect the mind of those afflicted. Not sure it shows exactly that it could change the form… but not a big stretch either, so go for it.

Blizzard had little direction at the time, they were too busy finishing the game, I suspect the next few patches will see some homogenization of general things.

As well as many larger changes to races that people request.

Either way, now is the time to request such things whether or not they are likely.

Fair point right here…

They’ve not yet explained how tails would change any lore either. I’ve asked them four times.

This is a good point I’ve been thinking on… the only worgen they’ve had a stick up their butt about is Genn… and so many other renditions show random worgen with tails…

Hearthstone is in the Wow canon. Anduin mentions it in one of the books.

2 Likes

Let me go back to this really quick, remember tortollans? That was in hearthstone first. Then came out in wow. So while yes Hearthstone and WoW are a sort of “alternate universe”, it’s still very much connected.
Another one. N’zoth, we were shown how he looked in hearthstone before he even appeared in wow, and then we see him in wow and he’s exactly like he was in Hearthstone.
The fundamental lore is very much connected. It’s just a wacky alternet universe type thing thought.
Hearthstone still very much follows the lore when it comes to the elemental or main line lore type stuff. So who knows, maybe somewhere in our current wow reality, there is a group of worgens with tails hidden somewhere on Azeroth, just like all the other new races and such we have never seen in all of vanilla up until we got to said expansion.

3 Likes

Oh? Huh learn something new. Thanks for the heads up though.

Edit: Editted the possibly offending post to be within the CoC. Again thanks for the friendly poke Albien.

1 Like

Np.

It surprised me when I found out, believe you me.

1 Like

I get 3 day bans all the time, cause I don’t agree with someone who runs to the mass report discord and reports me. I’m still here. Anyway hey Lore what about Worgen size? If your such a purest surely you will agree Worgen should be the correct lore size of 8 feet tall.

3 Likes

Haha I’m old enough to remember the Draeni retcon. Wasn’t there a blizzcon that someone pointed out the absolute smashing of lore and they said “oops I forgot” or something?

1 Like

Yeah, they just forgot that the Eredar were the ones who corrupted Sargeras. No biggie.

Worgen tails wont cause anything like that though, cause tails or no tails isn’t important to any lore in any capacity at all. :stuck_out_tongue:

So…

Give Worgen Tails.

4 Likes

And this was AFTER they retconned Draeni and Eredar to be the same race because they wanted a new race that fit the expansion, and the classic war3 Draeni were just too ugly. Insert “the broken” MORE LIKE LORE BROKEN, AMIRITE? :rofl:

2 Likes

Right?

Honestly I would’ve probably enjoyed Akama’s bunch joining the Alliance. Least then we’d have a non-human like race back then. (One of the reason I like worgen is how non-human they can be.)

But yeah. Changed Sargeras being corrupted by the Eredar, changed the Eredar into Man’ari/Draenei and made the neat Broken race into a lesser almost useless thing.

And they had “forgot” all of what they were doing to the lore. lol

Honestly they could have avoided all the retconning and just called the race “Eradar” but then the real Draeni would have been totally sidelined in BC. The real goof is they didn’t spend enough time on the models way back in war3 and they just slapped those together for their bit part in the war3 xpac.

We still have people arguing about lore implications of tails?

Imagine being so sad you gatekeep customization that has nothing to do with you.

That being said. Worgen are literally cursed shapeshifters, with their “cure” is literally just being taught to control your shape shifting better.

I can shapeshift 7 tails if I wanted to.

4 Likes

That’s not how it works. The ability for worgen to “shapeshift” is not the same as actual shapeshifting like a druid does. They simply can toggle the curse on and off. They do not control how it changes them.

And just like over time blood elves got their blue eyes back:

Worgen learned how to control their curse through their very close relationship with night elves and Druidism. Easy.

1 Like

Don’t take the troll too seriously. Ask for the reference and make him spin, instead of spinning yourself trying to defend against his unfounded attacks. This particular point is a good example since I’m positive he knows the curse is a direct line from druidism shapeshifting.

1 Like

Can you imagine if worgens took the time to learn how to control the curse from the source? I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Goldrinn can definitely teach us a lot more to the worgen curse than what we already know, to the point where we could free fight in human form without shifting in to worgen form, druids be able to actually maintain and control wolf form and replace that with cat form, and even be able to like combine both pact form and the worgen form to some hybrid form where yeah, they then can have a tail.

2 Likes

Its a little more involved than that.

You go through a ritual to effectively re-establish your human minds stability with the Worgen Curse.

Actually while we’re on that the fact that the Scythe of Elune has been depowered and is needed for that ritual means that most Feral Worgen we’ve given the potion to to give them control are a little screwed…

Really yet another impediment to more Worgen being added to the throng…

Then again Blizz seems to have kinda forgotten about that.

I think its less likely we’d be able to just will a tail into existence… but there is nothing in the lore that states some of us just don’t have them.

Its not really that complicated.

Thats not a bad way to handle it actually.

Though again, I can’t stress enough, Blizzard could just say today, SOME worgen have tails some don’t and nothing, at all, will have changed for Worgen.

Why our druids aren’t furiously (get it? Goldrinn, furiously… nvm) trying to establish a connection with him and learn more I will never understand.

I just want a tail. I feel so off-balance without one.

Please give tail? :pleading_face:

Also I’d love to trade in cat form for wolf form (even if I don’t play feral). Hey Goldrinn! Where are you at?!

4 Likes

I’m in game right now. Running Wild looks so awkward without a tail. Come on Blizzard, give us a tail!
https://i.imgur.com/ZR0M90x.jpg

6 Likes

Agreed! I’m a wolf, not a bleeping rottweiler! Gimmie a tail already!

2 Likes

This made me laugh so hard. haha!

Thank you.

1 Like