Give Worgen Tails

Unlike a wolf tail on a character that shapeshifts into a wolf like creature your argument is its just as impossible as features on races that can’t shapeshift and would be something only magic could do. Like say a magic curse?

1 Like

None of these races has a connection with any being that has these characteristics.
But if at some point they are going to have a relationship with a being who gives them extra attributes …

But interestingly, Demon Hunters have horns added to their bodies, because they resemble the demons they hunt by infusing their bodies with gall energy.

1 Like

BUT THOSE ARE BONES!? Oh, Elune, I’m so confused! I thought it was about the number of bones!

As much as I despise the Saberon form, the tool tip for it did say it was created by renegade Druids and they still retained their tails lorewise when it briefly existed

1 Like

I would definitely give Blizzard $15 at the start of the month if they added optional Worgen tails. Sound pretty tempting, Blizz?

2 Likes

How is it possible? Are you saying they grew a tail? Oh, my, this can only mean one thing…

Give worgen tails

1 Like

That’s an idea! The worgen curse is how it is, you’ll have to be content with it. But who’s to say you couldn’t get cursed again, by a mage or something. Some poor souls might end up cursed with a tail. You can certainly do that with a simple arcane polymorph, actually. Or just an object.

2 Likes

Nawh. Them Druids got to keep their tails after doing whatever they did to make a cat version of the wug form

Lets be honest blizzard isn’t going to make a lore reason if they add tails they just frankly don’t gave a damn about Worgen.

2 Likes

Well, I think they do care. Genn is a recurring and central character, the heritage questline was enjoyable, and there were interesting developments in Legion with even worgen comic characters added to the game at last. They care about worgen a great deal. They even added new stuff to the Ruins of Gilneas when they added the heritage questline; there are level 120 gryphons and wolves near emberstone mine.

If they bend to the whims and start changing worgen willy nilly, that’s when they dont care any more.

How did you do with blood elves being given to the alliance just by changing their color?

1 Like

Plenty fine! Color mutations happen all the time, and it was done for real life reasons. Besides that, humans have always been able to be dark skinned, and have lived in the same area as blood elves for nearly 10,000 years, and crossbreeding is likely. So it could easily be attributed to natural pigment mutation or human genetics, take your pick. Regardless, the addition of skin color was done for real life reasons, which is not comparable to wishing you had a tail.

You could have fooled me on that. Blizzard has never put the time or attention into Worgen that other races have gotten. The Worgen lore is just dropped on the alliance side as soon as they are out of the Worgen starting zone and you have to play horde just to find anything else out till Genn attacks the Banshee queen. Worgen heritage armor is one of the only HA sets that is not a unique look for an armor set and the only good thing that came out of the HA quest is Bloodeyes the female Worgen we capture is the correct 8 foot size that Worgen should be. The rest of the quest we are told how the curse dont define our people… You know the only thing that makes us different isnt a defining feature… Blizzard for 10 years left the Worgen female model as a 2 week slap together job of one of the worst models in the game other than Alpha female trolls. This is why I say Blizzard has never cared about the Worgen race and I am all up for any change, regardless of it its Lore friendly or not. The Lore is dead and while I would love to see Worgen by the correct 8 foot size I would rather see optional tails. Still give us a correct lore size but optional tails I would take over the correct size.

1 Like

That, and we get a five-part comic series from DC comics, a megacomic from Dark Horse comics, a shortstory by James Waugh, and a full length novel showcasing Gilnean worgen culture and hunting on all fours in Teldrassil. Genn has been in several cinematics in Legion and Battle for Azeroth, is part of an annual holiday, and has been a central character in the last couple expansions. Worgen have questlines in Gilneas, Shadowfang Keep, Silverpine, Darkshore, Hyjal, Grizzly Hills, Duskwood, Ashenvale, Felwood, and more. Goldrinn appeared last expansion as well as kaldorei-worgen in Val’sharah, and The Bloodfang Pack are on the move once again in Darkshore and Fenris Isle. There are even worgen set to appear in Shadowlands, such as Neena.

There is plenty of worgen lore. What more do you want, exactly? You say “the lore is dead”, but worgen lore is more active now than it ever was.

The point is that this addition came from nowhere for the sake of providing something that has long been demanded.
Before, no one considered elves of different colors possible, but only because they were never seen. The same with humans.
There is nothing in the lore that prevents elves from having other colors, origins and qualities if Blizzard so decides.
So, for the same reason, just because we didn’t see worgen with tails does not mean that they do not exist or cannot be made available. And we still have the advantage of not being a creative resource for devs to justify juggling with some new breed.

True! Mutations are possible, albeit rare. Just like human tails.

The lore for WoW is dead. Long live the lore but as far as lore being set in stone there is no set lore anymore. Any time Blizzard wants to make a change to something they just do it and dont really take lore into account. A very good example is Night Elf Mages. WoW lore was always that a Night Elf who used Arcane magic would physically become a high elf. (Blood Elf) As the arcane power warped their bodies and changed them into a much smaller version of an Elf. So Blizzard needed an extra class and race combo and low and behold Night Elves could be mages cause some sect of the Elves could just resist a lore established change… for reasons? Which to be honest I’m fine with as it gives options of choice to players.

Worgen on the other hand have hardly gotten anything in game and that is the issue. Blizzard could release 5000 comics but without it being in game there are those who will say its not legit cannon, especially when authors make mistakes all the time. The real problem with Worgen lore is it starts and stops on a whim. While certain races get constantly on going lore Worgen get snippets here and there but never a full story or characters who stick around other than Genn. The story of the Worgen Lt. Thorn in our Garrison from WOD. Popped up for a few small quests and she was forever forgotten after that. Ya you saw her just sitting there forever keeping her Worgen form after the quest chain. Small things like that are small hopes that we could see more Worgen stuff but it always just starts and stops just about abruptly as it appears. Grizzly Hills has a small chain to a full city of Worgen changed NPCs. ONe of the best parts is when they ask your Worgen character… WHERE YOU BITTEN? I said maybe… and I will tell you this Blizzard can add triggers to chat to have different races get different responses… But they don’t because its Worgen. So ya Im bitter about that kind of thing.

Pretty sure there are some quests in Silverpine for the Alliance that have you assist the Worgen there. Like the bear Druids.

There are but they are not lore heavy quest just quick… Help me get X amount of X ok go to the next quest giver.

The quest text themselves provide small snippets of lore to expand what’s going on. It may be minor, but still counts