Give us the information

Nope. People don’t trust blizzard. They think its just for the log in initially. They think layering will solve the problem after the initial rush at launch. If they were more specific with people then people would be more willing to listen.

Also, look at how much misinformation are on these forums right now. People don’t know who to believe and they are also believing people who are wrong. If blizzard straight up said Herod is 100k+ players… thats eye opening and can’t be confused in any way.

2 Likes

Is that not what they have done?

3 Likes

That doesn’t tell me how many players are on the realm. It also doesn’t specifically say that will last past launch day. If they told me that there were over even 50k people i’d move asap. Also, it says “potential” for queues. It’s not definite in any way.

1 Like

Gonna go out on a limb here and say I dont think anyone knows this.

1 Like

I think that’s what blizzard is trying to get at though. The whole point of this thread, though, is that if they were straight up with us… people would probably start moving no questions asked. Too many people right now think “someone else will move” and its clearly not the case.

1 Like

Why do people think this? We’ve gotten more blue communication about Herod being a cluster than essentially any other single topic for classic. Blizzard has made multiple posts about expecting queues on Herod because it’s over populated, and not one of those says anything that suggests “jk, we’re lying and layering means there won’t be queues”.

2 Likes

They’ve said there will be hours long (10,000+) queues but people just think “someone else will transfer, I want to keep my name”. What makes you think giving numbers of characters created will change their mind?

Don’t blame Blizzard for players being stupid.

3 Likes

Look at the misinformation rampant on the forums right now. Plus, Blizzard is vague about everything. Also, Blizzard didn’t say that those Q times are for all of classic for Herod… they didn’t say it was only launch day. Now you have people on reddit and the forums saying it will only be that initial launch and they layering will solve it. They keep using words like potential and that’s the problem.

Don’t blame Blizzard for players being stupid.

I’m not blaming blizzard for stupid players. I’m asking them to give the smart ones the information to make informed decisions. There is a difference in “potential Q’s” and “There are 50k+ people on your server. You need to move to other servers if you don’t want to be in a Q”. I see 50k as a tangible number that I can make a decision with. To be clear 50k is just the example. The point is they are extremely vague. They did call out Herod specifically, however, they did not specifically say how long those Q’s for Herod would last. Now you have people telling others it will be only during the initial rush. Stupid players wouldn’t have a leg to stand on if blizzard came out and gave us a number. Even if they wanted to be vague about that too. Say 50k+. You aren’t specific but you give us a base line I can work with.

1 Like

How does that matter? Populations scale due to layering. Ques soft cap the scaling.

Only info we need is how painful the soft cap will be.

The people not wanting to move either endure the pain or cave. 3,000 or 300,000. It’s all the same.

The que is a motivation tool to get people to self regulate.

It’s not all the same. If I found out there were 20k players I would move. Blizzard needs to be specific. They clearly want people to move but won’t give them a hard and fast number to make them go ohh crap… I should move.

1 Like

So they don’t trust blizzard but you’re demanding blizz tells them more stuff they have no way of verifying so… They’ll trust blizzard in that sense?

You make no sense. What else do they need to know? Spoiled entitled gamers like you are what makes gaming suck.

If there are 10k+ queues, that should give you an estimate of how many people are on Herod, at least.

Because they don’t know. No one knows. Blizzard may have a better guess than anyone else but it’s still a guess.

This honestly just feels like a thinly veiled “give us sub numbers” post.

1 Like

So you don’t trust “Serveral hours long queues” but you’ll trust any number they’ll give you? K, makes sense.

1 Like

Well get all angry if you want. I’m not spoiled, or entitled, or angry or anything… I am just trying to get information. People don’t trust blizzard because they are vague. If they gave legit information people would be more willing to trust them.

If there are 10k+ queues, that should give you an estimate of how many people are on Herod, at least.

All that tells me there are at least 10k people. We have no idea what the number is that the 10k is on top of.

So you don’t trust “Serveral hours long queues” but you’ll trust any number they’ll give you? K, makes sense.

Where did I say I specifically don’t trust them? Maybe you should read the posts more carefully. Again, they didn’t say if those Q times would be for just that one day or for 2 weeks. The point is if they want people to move off of full servers then give me a number. Give me a number that makes me go ohh crap I need to move now.

1 Like

Why does it matter? What number are you looking for? Because you’re looking for a number, obviously. What number is it? Why that number? Why are you being so vague? Why are you hiding your intentions? Why can’t you just be open with us? Why should we trust you?

Blizzard said that there will be queues on the heavy realms at launch. We also know that there will be layers at launch, so now we know that layered realms will have queues at launch. In fact, Blizzard has said there may be 10,000+ queues that will be hours long on a layered server at launch.

They’ve also said, when they remove layering, queues can very well come back when the layering is removed. As you may have guess, this, too, will happen on the heavily populated realms. Why? Because they’re heavily populated.

If you do not want to play on realms with high probability of queues, and long queues at that, you should join a less populated realm.

I’m not being vague. I want blizzard to give me the number they have. I am not looking for a specific number. I want the correct accurate information to make an informed decision.

Blizzard said that there will be queues on the heavy realms at launch.

Where did they say it would be just launch? Can you link that? As far as I am aware they have just said there will be Q times. They did not give a time period.

If you do not want to play on realms with high probability of queues, and long queues at that, you should join a less populated realm.

uhh… you mean all the full/high pop ones? Even Skeram is medium now. We don’t even have the full population yet. There are people who aren’t subbing till Classic launches.

1 Like

The reason people are being asked to move is the que is long. Once the que is not long or gone they won’t need to move.

Populations is not affected by que. 1,000 players with a que of 10,000 players is no different than 1,000,000 players with a a que of 10,000. The 10,000 player que is the only reason people are being asked to move.

If you think populations will get you to move then you are the exceptions. The que is the motivator, nothing else is going to get people to move, not even an announcement.

People have been warned well in advance. If they don’t move they will endure the que. If enough people haven’t moved that endurance will be tested.

2 Likes

They also don’t give any faction ratios. Is my realm stacked on alliance or horde? No idea. They don’t want to give us any real stats. Private servers give you realm stats. You’d think the billion dollar company can do that.

1 Like

The Que doesn’t seem to be that big of a motivator right now… the servers are still full.

They also don’t give any faction ratios. Is my realm stacked on alliance or horde? No idea. They don’t want to give us any real stats. Private servers give you realm stats. You’d think the billion dollar company can do that.

Yeah, I’m not asking for that info… just the over all server. For instance: Herod has 50k+, Thalnos 30k+… stuff like that…

Que is just a word in an announcement. Wait until it’s a time sitting in line not playing.

Populations will be just a word until it’s too few. Then it’s waiting to form groups. This is when population questions matter.