Friendly NPC A.I. Bots for Dungeon Finder Groups

Then why even make dungeons for 5 people? What you want is a solo dungeon.
I think what needs to be evaluated is the importance of the trinity system. The games health is too dependent on two roles most people don’t play.

IMO all plate wearers should be default tanks. Boss mechanics should be telegraphed and interactive. And hybrids should be off-healers that do less DPS.

It would take a ton of class reworking to make that happen though. But I think having to have both a dedicated tank and healer per group is too much these days.

I tend to agree with you. Your idea makes sense to me. But I can already hear the Tanks and healers complaining that it would destroy their class. The meaning of their class. But on the other hand it would cut down on Dungeon finder wait times effectively.

Your statement made me realize something: what is happening now with as an example the level 10 monk twinks is that they run through the dungeon at top speed kill draw agro kill everything themselves leaving the rest of the team behind, they heal themselves too. The only deference is that you still have wait times because the dungeon wont start until the trinity requirement is satisfied.

I agree if we could get rid of the trinity requirement altogether that would streamline the Dungeon Finder system. But like I said wait for the Howls from tanks and healers.

If this is your experience, you would benefit strongly by making friends. A lot of us are playing a completely different game than you are.

3 Likes

nerf friends TOO OP :frowning:

1 Like

I’ve been in support for something like this since Cata when they had several quests lines that teamed you with a group of A.I bots.
I think it could be something controlled off the mission tables where you could pick some of your followers/companions to fill out the team.
Another idea I had is being able to assign some of your alts to the roles. While assigned as your dungeon group they are unplayable but gain rewards as if they were players including loot and automatically equip improved gear they get.
My opinion is it should be limited to normal level dungeons and legacy content only but I think it could work.

I do agree with the idea of solo playable versions of Dungeons, and even raids. Not maybe with the same gear levels. I HATE being locked out of a profession quest, or story just because I don’t do group content. I also think that having the AI option allows people to learn the content in a low stress environment vs with groups of strangers. It even allows accessibility options to be toggled.

I made a post about this, and a few more ideas, on the Community Council forum a couple months ago.

1 Like

I would be fine with an AI system.

They already tested AI with Island Expeditions and the AI version of Arathi Basin.

It works. It may not be good enough to do Mythic dungeons, but I think having the option for normal or even heroic dungeons would be rather cool.

It would be an alternative for tanks/heals to learn in the environment and go at their own pace.

If they expanded it to old raids and scaled it so it was a cool challenge that gave currency like Timewarped Badges, that would be even cooler.

I see no downside to this being added. It even seems like Blizzard was testing AI for this exact purpose in BFA.

If players want to earn better gear, then make them have to group with players for Mythics. But I think everything before that is fair game for an AI system.

1 Like

you will see elitist players poo all over the idea that people could get anything at all from solo play. io and gear score before it made people feel like they could lock the “lesser thans” out of content. notice it’s never about fun or anything like that, it’s always about “you don’t deserve cuz you didn’t earn” which is why they whine about lfr etc non stop as well. i’ve also been in enough lfr’s this expansion to see how many people with aotc+ literally troll on their alts. (you can check achievements so they can spare me it doesn’t happen) they don’t want casual or solo players to have anything cool at all because it might make them feel forced to do things beyond raid log. it is what it is. i am still extremely annoyed about what they did to WQ this expansion. i tried harder content. it sux. let me have some fun in this game for cripes sake.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone is really suggesting that the AI versions grant the same level gear as Heroic, Mythics, etc. I would hope that people understand that seeing the story through, which includes the dungeon and raid content, is a big part of the role play portion of the game. Further Blizz does lock quests behind those story lines that currently require group content.

Everyone wins if people are able to go learn the dungeon or raid BEFORE doing it with a real group. Those who never want to do group, get to experience the content. Those who DO want to move up to a real group get to learn first in a stress free environment.

If the “elitists” can accept that we have Raid Finder, Normal, Heroic, and Mythic with diff levels of gear, then they can hopefully accept the idea of an AI version.

I personally wait until I can solo things, but that is super frustrating during current content, especially when quests are locked behind it.

4 Likes

i didn’t queue a single heroic in WoD because of their “git gud” to people. some were elderly. some disabled. i have the silver cheeve for tanking and healing. could’ve done it. but after the dps on the forums ran their mouths? pfft. then in legion it was the same thing because of the professions quests. i am not that good at the game but i am decent enough to have helped a lot of solo players do normal and heroic dungeons for professions quests. there was a discord group at the time i belonged to where even mythic level people were helping. even now you have people both whining that pvp is dead but also mocking people who enjoy comp stomp as if its not “real” pvp. they should pick a lane. if people want to ease themselves into unfamiliar content then let them. overall, i think people should just mind their own business and quit trying to ruin the game for people who don’t play the way they do.

I dont mind the idea of solo play instances but Id rather not have AI involved. Just create instances that can be played alone; ESO does it with its Delves so no reason why WoW couldn’t since anything that Bethesda can do surely Blizzard can also do.

AI groups dont work very well. Consider the comp stomp, its a total walkover. You assume that the AI players would somehow be superior to human players but I suspect it wouldn’t work out the way you think it would.

Let’s be real, that tank will be stuck on a rock for 10 minutes before you just hearth out.

2 Likes

Just to clarify one thing in my opening Post: I never mentioned Mythic+. Never. Maybe I should of stated that I thought this was workable for Regular Dungeons. But alas I’m not perfect.

Next my reasons for wanting this is because as a hunter I can solo Over-World Quests/missions. With my two Raptors. One Raptor Tanks the other dose melee. I can Marginally Heal all three of us fairly easily. Great fun, great companionship.
I thought how nice would it be to actually go into Dungeon Finder without have to wait a long time. How nice it would be to have 4 companions that did not give any grief.

Also I have played other games that you can do this. Helps you level up faster while reducing the stress.

PS: If you have ever played a Hunter, Warlock, or Mage with Mirror Images. Then you already know how well this works if you’re careful about what you are doing and use some common sense.

Yeah, just screw over those folks who enjoy their role for your convenience. NBD.

Watch all the DPS + heal plate wearers switch to leather/mail classes. Still leaving you with a long wait on tanks.

They are telegraphed. There’s nothing in a 5 man that you need DBM for if you’re paying attention.

The chads will ignore all the healing for those sweet DPS numbers.

Well things happen with real players too. Like the Tank charges through the rooms pulling every thing and getting every one slaughtered. Like the Healer goes lets the cat out leaving the tank to die. Etc.

if blizz just removed dps/tank/heal as roles from the game entirely i’d roflololol. imagine if you were responsible for keeping yourself up, doing all mechanics, AND still focusing on performance.

most people i see in groups can’t even keep their pets alive.

OP wants bots to play with because too many people talk in dungeons… She can literally just mute them. In fact, usually groups NEVER talk with each other, and that actually is more of a problem than this made up drama that people are talking about.

This is a terrible idea, and my only hope is that this absolutely never happens.

How will the bots know what to do without addons? :rofl:

1 Like

My problem with older content raids is that I have go naked to avoid one shooting the boss. That’s only way I can see mechanics other wise boss dies so quickly

Ruins the fun

1 Like

What I said was People Don’t Talk in Dungeons except to be rude or pointless.

1 Like