Give metamorphosis burst

Meta feels like a really weak CD compared to other Class’s burst cd. Would be really cool if when you entered meta your first Chaos Strike and Blade dance do 100% more damage. This can also be done through the pvp talents Demonic Origins if it is too “broken” in pve scenarios.

1 Like

The point of meta is increased sustained dmg due to the dmg and haste buff, it’s not supposed to be a burst

1 Like

I agree with sikarnix not every class needs a burst cd. some classes should be sustained dps if anything blizz should reduce the cd on meta to at least 3 mins so its more impactful. its not like we dont get meta a decent amount anyways with demonic

Just make demonic origins baseline and this wouldn’t be an issue. Meta doesn’t feel nearly as impactful as it should given its 4 minute cd.

3 Likes

How about don’t add this to pvp?

I believe in PVE, our meta is really strong right now with our current momentum build. The burst window has gotten me up to 13-15k dps at most times for single target.

I couldn’t say in PVP, I can agree though it might feel lack luster.

It’s just that in pve no one reacts to when DH pops meta so they aren’t very threatening other than sustain damage and one shot the hunt. It would just be awesome if demonic origins also buffed the class in other ways.

I mean Demon Hunter has some of the most insane sustain pressure in the entire game. They absolutely do not need more damage in any way shape or form.

Demon hunters are unique in their design in that they dont’ have cooldown windows in the same way other classes do with 1.5 min and 2 minute cooldowns. The entire class is built around Eye beam windows which is just every 30 seconds you get to do unhealable damage, and meta just extends that window of unhealable damage to about a minute.

Taking this in to consideration in a season where the pace is so fast that most games dont’ last longer than a minute to a minute and a half anyway and you have a class that just has giga damage for 85-90% of their time in the arena.

Demon hunter in no way lacks damage or burst at all; they are the deadliest class in the game.