Give me your worst (and best)

I never thought anything could explain Florida but there it is

2 Likes

You thought all those people just happened to congregate there? Pfft, come on.

3 Likes

Today has been a pretty good day! Nothing for me to really complain about, which is always nice. I got some good art done (and found out I do indeed need some sort of audio distraction in order to keep me focused and to not be overly frustrated while I work). Also made some good progress on some music stuff as well, so that was fun.

Weekend is full of exciting plans IRL with friends and stuff (assuming there’s no freezing rain tomorrow, in which case I -will- complain), so life’s good! :smiley:

1 Like

My deputy fire chief nagged me into getting a cell phone (there was a really good deal for first responders and I’ve been debating it anyway).

Then he stole my phone and downloaded eDispatch onto it, which was the reason he wanted me to get the danged smart phone to begin with.

And now I can never escape. I have to forget my pager AND my new phone.

Which is not beyond my absent-minded capability. Also there’s a buttload of training coming up, which is great because I will learn things and be more effective, but it turns out training takes time.

Which is a bummer, because I want to get some new sticker designs and also figure out how to display them for the tourist season… And I WANT to do some writing.

1 Like

And here I thought I was the last person in America to get a cell phone. I’ve had one for about five years, and only a smartphone for like a year and a half. Where do you live, Alask–oh, right.

2 Likes

In my defense, this is like the first time I’ve lived someplace with reliable cell service.

Ever.

Yeah, I hear that. I held off on the smartphone for so long because my little flip-phone barely worked where I lived and there was absolutely no 3G let alone anything better.

Now I am in civilization and my phone is magic. It makes pizza appear at my doorstep. Sorcery.

2 Likes

Smart-phone sorcery pizza is the best pizza.

1 Like

Good morning/day/evening/night, only now getting back to the thread :sweat_smile: and catching up on everyone; I’m happy to read about y’all joys and being successful.

I hope every thing went well! aaaa :tada:

Congrats, a whole bunch of 'em! :slight_smile: you do rock :confetti_ball:

This…d’aww. I don’t know what to say.

Do you have any favourite music for your arting?

…yes. I wish it didn’t, hah! What kind of stickers are you envisioning? Write ussssss :smiley:

TIL… :joy:

And last but not least.

Hindsight and all…how did you predict I’d have pizza for lunch (and dinner) :thinking:

1 Like

Kitchen Nightmares, actually! :stuck_out_tongue: I usually don’t put on music for stuff like art or writing unless it matches the mood of what I want to do, but Kitchen Nightmares is surprisingly decent background noise for me. Maybe because it’s just mindless chatter? Who knows!

2 Likes

I’ll sometimes relisten to podcasts while doing things just for the vague comfort of having familiar voices in my ear. The nice Minnesota couple who talk about wine is a great go-to.

1 Like