Give me your worst (and best)

Hello WrA!

Today’s been a ride for me, for better and worse. I’m out of the hospital for real now, and taking my first steps-- it can be overwhelming for sure, but generally I’m very happy to be around people once more. Just being in the supermarket, was an adventure.

And then today:
At the bank, a woman went the extra mile to walk up to me to tell me that I’m “fat”.
I wish I made that one up, but it happened.
Needless to say, that was a pretty low blow…but, in the same vein as this incident, I was also deeply touched by the doctor who filled my medication for the next week; her patience, understanding, and care brought me equally to tears.
I didn’t mean to worry her. I was just too happy.

• So, why the thread?

Tell me about your day, WrA.
Rant.
What was really bad today?
But please, also tell me something GOOD. Who, or what, surprised you so pleasantly today? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Glad to hear you’re out of the hospital, and sorry to hear about your run in with that garbage person, I will never understand people that do stuff like that

For me, I had a pretty crappy yesterday (nothing huge just my boss being, well my boss) but today I have a four day weekend coming up on account of my daughter turning 2 so I’m pretty much all smiles.

2 Likes

Aww, well the coming days will make up for yesterday multiple times over ^^ I wish you & your daughter a wonderful, memorable weekend :blush:

1 Like

Wow, what an awful human :smiley:

Today so far has been just like any other day. I’m screaming and crying on the inside, internally dealing with like five different crisises and severe depression, but outwardly just being goofy.

Because you don’t have to deal with your feelings if you ignore them :+1:t2::grimacing:

5 Likes

Maybe something good will come of it still :cry: here’s a /hug

3 Likes

oh my god what the hell who would do that??

I’ve been killing myself over deadlines, essentially working two full-time jobs. I took a break yesterday and watched a movie with a friend and it was a lot of fun getting away from it all and relaxing.

Otherwise deadline hell and working two full-time jobs, almost done! One more weekend and then gonna treat myself and go to the Boeing museum and watch them put planes together.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about what happened to you. That is the absolute worst, but I am glad you counteracted it with a good moment with your doctor. I might need to adopt that from time to time myself.

I admit this is somewhat difficult to say, but hey, we’re all strangers on the internet. I recently graduated college this past December (wahoo) and have been on the job hunt. Suffice to say, it isn’t going well.

My anxiety and isolation has gone through the roof. My mother and I moved to an apartment recently, so money has been tight. Unfortunately, due to this move, we’re down one car and she’s still working full time. Conversely, I’m wallowing in self-doubt and having existential crises while slogging through sites like Indeed. Jobs around me have ridiculous requirements and experience preferences that I simply don’t have, and makes me doubt my entire college career from time to time.

That was a bit much. I admit I’m weirdly uncomfortable saying that so openly, but I’d rather get it off my chest than let it brew.

The good thing for today, at least, was doing some pending chores around the house and reaching out to my friends. Small things, I know, but I’ve been struggling to even do those some times.

5 Likes

I should really look into getting an actual doctor now that I have actual insurance, especially as I keep having various health issues, but I’m just incredibly leery of doctors. I have heard way, way more horror stories than good ones. Finding a dentist I like was a herculean labor–and I really like my dentist, but I had to go through a succession of quacks and idiots first.

It’s scary out there.

5 Likes

Friday is my online grocery order day (for store pickup on Saturday) so I spent a quiet morning making a menu and comparing inanities like unit prices and ingredient lists.

My life is boring and it rules.

3 Likes

Please don’t die, we need you :frowning:

May the week be a breeze from now on, and keep us posted on the planes? (if you like ^^)

3 Likes

I’m gonna talk about yesterday, given that it’s nearly 6am as I type this, so other than waking up, I haven’t had much to do :stuck_out_tongue:

Yesterday frustrated me a little, because I was asked to organise a small excursion at the school where I work, and, despite giving advance notice (legit 2 weeks), was undermined last minute by other people enacting THEIR plans and giving me 15 minutes notice, which led to me having to entirely revise my plans for an excursion, because another teacher just took off with the bus. I was not amused.

But then after work I visited and had a great discussion with a couple of newish friends, which I really enjoyed. I’ve got something of a new years resolution to boost my social life and reduce my computer time, and as much as I love my computer friends, it’s nice to hang out with people irl too. So I’m feeling pretty happy overall.

4 Likes

Hello, thank you for coming forward-- I’m sorry to hear that things have been rough on you, and as you put it, I’m also just a ‘stranger on the internet’; I may wish to extend my best wishes to you, but in the end, it’ll be only words.
What I can point out though, is:

I smiled reading that, because you’re fighting. You are good persons and those small steps change all the world. You will get there hugs

1 Like

TODAY HAS BEEN FAR TOO LONG AND BORING.

I AM VERY EXCITED FOR THE WEEKEND.

ONE HOUR TO GO AND I CAN’T CONTAIN MYSELF.

Tonight I may just see my very best friend IRL for the first time in like 4 years. I cannot wait. Sitting still at a desk at work and focusing on work things is going to drive me NUTS.

Edit: I’M REALLY EXCITED TOO BECAUSE HER BF IS SURPRISING HER BY BRINGING HER TO MY APARTMENT AND SHE DOESN’T KNOW SHE’S GOING TO SEE ME. ALSO I’M EXTRA EXCITED BECAUSE SHE’S NEVER SEEN ME WITH MY LIFE TOGETHER AND I HAVE MY OWN PLACE NOW WITH CATS AND EVERYTHING SHE’S GOING TO BE SO PROUD OF ME AND I EVEN HAVE BLUE HAIR AND A REAL JOB I CAN’T WAIT TO SHOW HER HOW MUCH I’VE ADULTED LATELY.

5 Likes

Also, this sounds wonderful.

I would love to do this every week. Sounds so fun and relaxing.

#LifeGoals

Seriously that’s awesome news Shaysinn :smiley:

2 Likes

My boss called me and asked if I was feeling lucky today, and then proceeded to tell me I was getting a sizeable bonus and raise and that I was a real asset to the team. It’s been a while since I’ve felt so happy.

4 Likes

RIGHT?! THANK YOU <3

THIS IS EPIC. I LOVE THESE TYPES OF DAYS. GO YOU!!!

2 Likes

Thank you Shay. I’m glad to hear you’re doing so well too!

2 Likes

My son went grocery shopping with Grandma and, per his routine, came home to present me with a bouquet of flowers. It kills me every time.

3 Likes

… that is the most adorable thing ever. You have a good kid :+1:

You can trust me, I’m a preschool teacher. My entire job is to figure out which ones are good, and which ones to send to Florida.

3 Likes