Give Horde the faction transfer they deserve!

Introduction
As some of you of are aware, there is currently a slight faction imbalance on some of the PvP servers. This imbalance, particularly on servers like Stalagg, has grown worse with the availability of paid transfers are contributes considerably to numerous issues plaguing all realms including PvP Queue times and Alliance Premades. What I propose is an elegant, novel solution that simultaneously addresses all these issues at once. Implemented on a server like Stalagg or Flamelash EU, we would see a vast improvement in the mean enjoyment of the game.

Methods
Step One: Lock Down the Server

Server transfers are disabled and battlegrounds are limited to server only.

Step Two: Implement Voluntary Faction Equalization

To be clear, this is not at all similar to a faction transfer that you would find on retail. In essence, the overpopulated faction can pay a modest fee and their old characters are archived until milestones are met on the new character, at which point previously earned gear is unlocked. Allow me to illustrate it with an example.

Undead Rogue, Gankmasta, has acquired a Perdition’s Blade and an Assortment of T1/T2. He decides to enroll in the Faction Equalization Program and his UD rogue along with the rest of his Horde characters are replaced with Alliance level 1’s of the same class. Once he has completed leveling to 60 on his new rogue and starts killing bosses in MC, the gear that he’d earned previously from those bosses will be mailed to him. In this example the process would be complete once he’s killed Ragnaros, which would result in a shiny new Perdition’s Blade appearing in his mailbox.

Step Three: Return Previously Imbalanced Server to the Battlegroup

Once the server has met a threshold for population, the restrictions would be lifted and the server would function as any other server.

Conclusion

The immediate effect of this program would be to remove a considerable number of Horde from BG’s queues, dramatically lowering queue times. If this reduction is sufficient, it will also interfere with the ability of the alliance to coordinate queueing into the same battleground.

With the return of the server to the battlegroup, a sizeable population of players equally engaged in PvP will function as a stabilizing factor for queue times among both factions.

Lol.

5 Likes

Ill have 2 of what you’re smoking please

2 Likes

I’ve seen some bad ideas. This is hilariously bad.

3 Likes

What exactly makes it so hilariously bad?

Think you need to lay of that hasheesh brotha.

Well, its super convoluted and would be a nightmare on Blizzard’s end to implement and manage first off, so right there its dead in the water.

Second it requires players to essentially reroll and relevel, which is pretty much what people are trying to avoid in their faction transfer requests. So few people would take this option it wouldn’t ever take off.

I mean, thats just off the top of my head from skimming your paragraphs, it may sound good in your head but logistically it would be a disaster

1 Like

You’re proposing a new server exclusively for one faction to level up on. How is that going to fix faction balance? By creating a fresh server that’s inherently imbalanced?

Balance is never going to be perfect, ever. Everyone needs to get over that fact and accept it. One faction will always be outnumbered in some way. Even if you had 100% 1:1 ratio, how do you guarantee every player will participate in pvp? In BGs?

You can’t. It’s just not possible.

I was under the impression that leveling was a breeze. These guys should have no issue being 60 by the time BWL roles out.

If you are one of those people and wanted a faction transfer, you would have already rerolled and leveled by now, so this wouldnt help anyone out.

The way you phrase that response makes me think you have some kind of ulterior motive with this suggestion now, though.

1 Like

Can someone do me a solid and give me a TLDR?

I know it’s going to be a bizarre proposition, i just wanna skip step 1 and 2.

Opt into program, re-level and unlock gear that was removed when you reach whatever milestone gave you that gear.

Why can’t people just think before they choose what faction/race/class/ to play?

It’s actually pathetic to see people ask for faction transfers or character editing services.

The same reason they can’t accept their choice was a mistake and correct it by rerolling. Entitlement.

1 Like