Give gouge back

Please give gouge back. I dont care how it plays with bleeds and all that. Its a great spell. Its fun. It provides an interrupt. Dont worry about how it is with bleeds on assasination. Let me manage that. Please give gouge back so I can play the rogue class again.

13 Likes

Yeppers make Rogues whole again. Giving back Sub and Assassination Gouge back would be a great accomplishment for the great unpruner. :100: :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Mafic the GougeMan always watchful! Thank you for your duty!

4 Likes

They broke wow when they got rid of talent trees

8 Likes

Really they did, IMO they busted wow in Cataclysm with the forced talent trees and “assigned” abilities. That kinda jacked up the whole game and birthed the whole “Spec-identity” BS that seems to be the prevailing school of thought now days.

I liked it much better when we were all just ROGUES.

6 Likes

Hot take: The completely uncontested melee king of CC doesn’t really need more of it. The amount of time we can lock a target down is pretty absurd as it is.

I 100% disagree with your post. I played rogue and gouge was a staple part of it. Without gouge I dont think I would have stuck with the rogue class. And I can’t play it now without gouge.

4 Likes

Kind of extreme but alright. Any utilities you’re willing to give up so we can have yet another CC besides sap, blind, cheap shot, kidney shot, and garrote silence (sin), shadowy duel (pseudo-CC for sub)?

Perhaps we should give up our only heal to get it back. It’s not like we had crimson vial or recuperate back when gauge was baseline.

Something seem a bit wrong with your statement.

Actually we did have Recuperate and Gouge at the same time and they were both baseline.

We also had baseline abilities for all 3 specs

Sap
Blind
Cheap shot
Kidney shot
Dismantle
Garrote silence
Kick
Gouge <<<<<
Shiv Poison
Recuperate <<<<<
Preparation
Smoke Bomb
Crippling poison
Wound Poison
Deadly Poison
Mind Numbing Poison
Detect Trap
Disarm Trap
Shadow Walk
Feint
Ambush
Throw
Expose Armor
Slice and Dice
Crimson Tempest
Fan of Knives
Shadow Blades
Shroud of Concealment
Evasion
Vanish
Sprint

I detect you are wrong, wrong, wrong, and wrong.

6 Likes

Yeah this guys totally wrong. We dont need to give up anything, why are you trying to gimp us?

We had gouge before, we need it back. And we need all of these abilities back. Taking these abilities away or pruning it as you guys call it was the worst thing you could do to the rogue class. This class needs those things. Rogue is already a very simple class. And to remove all that stuff just made the class a lot worse.

2 Likes

Yeppers Gouge can come back and increase in the CD would be logical. :+1: :thinking:

2 Likes

You’re not getting all of your abilities back. Wait for classic tbc.

Poisons and SND are back. Gouge will be back…just have to be consistent. :+1: :thinking: :100:

3 Likes

Good attitude! A lot of non-rogues and Legion babies chiming in arguing against Gouge, but we can’t let them distract or deter us from our goal. Gouge MUST come back for the sake of the feel and flavor of the class. Slap a bigger cooldown on it, increase the energy cost, reduce its duration a little… whatever they need to do to “balance it in today’s meta”… just bring it back!

3 Likes

I love how CATA sub rogue played but I do agree forced specs was garbage

and yes
GIVE BACK GOUGE

4 Likes

This aged like fine wine

5 Likes

Keeping it real. :100:

Now, we have to fight for Hemo to return.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

5 Likes

Is that even a good ability? My classic rogue is level 40. I tried subtlety then switched to combat. Mind you thisnis classic vanilla not wotlk

Yes, if you’re on a PvP server or like PvP at all, learn to gouge → restealth and give your enemies a classic feeling of terror.

1 Like

Well the fact we get another CC in our belt is saying something, even if it is an ability we once had. The only problem i see with it is if it doesnt remove all dots or our own dots. Then we’ll have to consider how we’re going to even use it, and moreso if gouge can proc poisons itself.