Gimmi back my nameplate distance

why are they hotfixing this? whats the point of a garbage 20 yard nameplate. at MINIMUM it should be 41 yards just to accomodate for casters, hunters, etc. maybe 100 yards is too many but 40-60 is fine. 20 is too short. proof in vanilla here:

7 Likes

100% agree. 20 yards is way too short.

Otoh it was 20 yards in actual vanilla.

that video was in vanilla, peep it - there are more, i dont think it was 20 at all, pause at like 2:26, you can see its at least 30-40 yards there… i think its 20 naturally but once in combat seems to stretch to that 41 yard thing, but not 100 yards.

2 Likes

agreed, no reason for it to be so short

2 Likes

You are correct. I misread the notes about this.

Original vanilla nameplates very well could have been over 20 yards.

Heres the wowhead news post

ht tps://classic.wowhead.com/news=295078/blizzard-hotfixed-command-to-increase-nameplate-range-in-classic-wow

2 Likes

I like it short. It’s better for pvp as you can hide behind terrain better without being seen.

5 Likes

obviously, you’re a cheesy rogue

1 Like

Is this a new thing the kids are saying nowadays? Slang is weird.

1 Like

Those all look like 20 to me.

3 Likes

let me just flag you for trolling :joy: what kind of slang did you use back in the 60’s?

1 Like

Wow those feelings got hurt super quick. You okay there bro? :frowning:

it’s because you’re level 10

no, i think i’m melting… quick, call your mother speed dial 1 in my phone

1:31, nameplate appears. That is 100% 20 yards, at that distance a warrior could charge, more than that and he wouldn’t be able.

If you think that mob is at maximum range a hunter could attack while talented, then you are blind.

Come now, do level 10 shoulders even exist? We all know the forums dont update unless you manually do it.

Peep timestamp at 1:36 or see screenshot here:

https://i.imgur.com/XJKGoYT.png

Also, this is just one video of many, there are several more - just do your own research.

Let it be known, the max nameplate visibility distance was never capped at 20 yards, 30 yards or even 40 yards. Obviously the devs know this, but they want to push their own agenda.

My character updates every time I post. Don’t really have to do anything for the level to be updated.

Mine doesn’t. For a lot of other people it doesn’t either. It only updates when we log out of the forums and log back in.

1 Like

Looks like 20 yards to me, just an odd camera angle.

Oh well yea I’m doing that but not intentionally. I’m at work so I have to re-login every day if I post from here. Didn’t even know that was doing it lol!

1 Like

Cheater cheater pumpkin eater.

2 Likes