GG Blizzard : WM Off

It was a misunderstanding I cleared up well above in the thread. It’s still 30% difference with people with WM off now.

I was referring to his comment about it being difficult for the alliance for one expansion… >.> There’s like 14+ years of it being tilted in the alliances favor.

1 Like

Great game design that encourages players to not take part in content.

hOrDE bIAS right alliance?

2 Likes

Yes, but then since the Horde will all turn their Warmode off there will be less of them and the bonus will go to your side and you guys will get the free welfare gear.

1 Like

Maybe. Who knows if that’s real or not

2 Likes

Only one way to find out.

I don’t really care about the XP or AP bonus, the free heroic piece is a much bigger problem and should not be there.

The system is also flawed because since it’s a weekly thing what happens is that Alliance gets it because they are outnumbered, then they turn warmode on, join a group to camp the turtle WQ and quickly finish the quest, then turn it off for the rest of the week, so at the end of the week they all have it off and get the quest again…

As contrast, Horde players often have it on by default, and you just turn it off when you need to do the quest that alliance is camping so you don’t get 10v1ed and then you turn it back on.

It’s not only about the rewards but also it just doesn’t really promote WPvP, when you run around the world there’s still almost exclusively horde until you bump into where the alliance is clustered (usually at a turtles WQ) and it’s a 10v1 there. Yes getting 10v1’ed is part of Wpvp and it will happen sometimes, but it should be the outlier, the common occurrence should be small skirmishes: 1v1, 1v2, 2v2, 3v2, etc.

2 Likes

The small skirmishes would certainly make it fun, my experience hasn’t been that though. I usually get attacked by a Horde pain train group, after that I go back and turn off WM and finish what I was doing.

3 Likes

That’s possible. I doubt it though. I don’t think it’s healthy for either side to have an advantage. I personally HOPE that blizzard likes the idea of the LOA blessings and just make that a thing for each race. It would honestly make things balanced and removes the excuse for X or Y.

I mean, because of my education and what I do, I can tell you that “alliance” being the first option in character creation new players were already predisposed to pick alliance when they started the game. Hence why I feel the population was alliance heavy to begin with. Regardless, since people max sims, there was always going to be a % difference due to racials. I’m assuming that is the race balance issue. Easily solvable with a blessing type racial.

Like the days of Tarren Mill and Southshore, I get it, fun days, but when you left that area and quested you were facing raid groups at quest nodes. World pvp was more exciting because it was less contrived. The current state of things is not PVP, this is Blizzard forcing a round peg in a square hole.

You can bring up the tired racials excuse for not pvping all you want but handing out HEROIC level gear the day the new tier comes out is stupidity on another level.

I reupped shortly after cancelling on Sunday to check out the new raid. I honestly regret doing it and will not be reupping again after this 30 days. The people that run the game now are clueless.

4 Likes

I actually did this last night as well. Got a 400 head piece.

Joined a 5 man group that was camping a dungeon entrance.

There were I 10-15 alliance there at the time.

The horde players would basically run a gauntlet to try and get in to the instance.

Many made it.

Many, also, did not.

It was pretty uninteresting gameplay. I think I got a Chaos Bolt off twice during the whole ordeal. I basically limited myself to Conflagerate, which is instant cast, just to tap the players. They either died very quickly or made it through.

Tried fearing some, had my Succubus out (but with a 1.3s cast time, she wasn’t doing much).

Nothing ever laid a hand on me.

I certainly appreciate the new 400 piece, but the whole experience was mostly unsatisfying from a game play perspective.

I don’t know if I can do the 25 man quest in a BG. If I can, then I may try that next time.

3 Likes

Well yeah since the alliance are often all clumped together in a specific spot camping a WQ, when you get out of that spot you are going to run into mostly Horde players and be outnumbered every time.

I don’t know what the solution is, I just give feedback on what’s the current situation and hope Blizzard figures out a better way to promote a better warmode experience.

3 Likes

Yea I didnt do this. I had a few kills where there was more alliance then horde. But eventually there would be a Horde group that came along and killed me. I had several 1v1’s. Was fun.

Ya, they can be. I would be happy if I had a 400 ilvl piece too as a result. However, not the same experience and not the same reward. Excuse me, there a 8 alliance bounties on my map I have to run from. brb

The solution is for bonuses to be removed from WM all together IMO. At least that’s a fair solution. Then very few people would have WM on so that in turn would create different threads on the matter.

you will too.

Flawed logic here, Blizzard hasn’t told anyone how the bonus works other than to say the side less represented gets it. They may count anyone who has it on at any time, they may count total time on, they may use some other method of determining it. Don’t make assumptions.

If you don’t like it turn it off, simple as that.

1 Like

Disgusting, and not you of course but that it happens.

My one PvP talent, which was my reason for turning it on not the bonuses, is no longer worth it.

Enjoy the gear Alliance, really. I now understand your misery early, but this misery has a reward attached to it for you now. PvP is not worth getting camped by a FP.

Weird how that’s a justified response to a Horde player. I mean, that’s all the alliance had to do.

Holymonky brings up a valid point. We really don’t know if the WM ON is really benefiting alliance for more of a presence in World PVP. As a result of a lack of communication, I’d say that speculation is another problem of how this is being handled.

I don’t get how Blizzard thought this would ever fix anything, you guys toggle warmode on, get your do the quest and get your reward , and toggle it off.
It’s a shortsighted, I can’t even call it a fix, and broken.
Warmode gear should require warmode to even equip it, or they should just remove the bonuses. They could do fun things like temporary titles Such as Tsavis the slayer of incompetent disappointing minions. I love that one.
Or have it where you can do a pvp battle in old Southshore for a day.
Those would be fun incentives.
I don’t know how they figure it out, it’s either broken or alliance are exploiting it by toggling it off on Sunday night or something.

1 Like

You mean… the system that was designed from the beginning to rebalance the wPvP flags is WORKING? Stop the presses!!

1 Like