Getting wrecked in leveling (legion) dungeons

literally wiped 10 times on helya NORMAL in Maw of Souls. Entire group was in the same leveling bracket EXCEPT one of us who was like level 47. every ability that Helya did was WRECKING the tank …any mistake was a one-shot. How is a normal leveling dungeon supposed to be fun when it feels like a mythic plus?

1 Like

It’s been a long time since I’ve done any leveling dungeons but my experience was the Legion ones were badly mistuned and should never be attempted. One boss in Vault of the Wardens had an AOE unavoidable damage spell that automatically 1 shot everyone except maybe the tank

All the WotLK and MoP dungeons were much more reasonable (others may be too but those two I can confirm)

Seems like the dungeons were tuned around overpowered legion gear + artifact and then just kinda scaled down, but not proportionally.

I’ve never gotten through a Maw of Souls Helya fight leveling in Chromie time without the group trying several times and ending up deciding it’s best to leave. Thankfully, usually the groups are cordial despite this experience. I love Legion but don’t typically level in the dungeons anymore because of the weird scaling. It makes me wonder about how bad the scaling will be when the Legion Timewalking is released.

1 Like

I usually run BFA for leveling purposes, since they’re so quick. Alternatively, I bounce between BC and WotLK for the additional quest experience.

Otherwise, Freehold can be done in like 3 minutes skipping straight to the last boss, and Atal’dazar is super quick. The Underrot can also be very quick with skips.

I just wish more people knew that you only need the last boss for bonus EXP credit.

That dungeon and that boss specifically is over tuned.