Getting the itch again

Its been well over a year since my last “Hey I’m still kinda interested in returning to the game. Whats the status report of Moon Guard these days?” post. So, what’s up fam? Where’s my old school MG RPers at? How are things these days both Horde and Alliance side? At this point I’m kinda waiting around for the next x-pac announcement, but considering filling some idle time with a return to the RP community.

Eh…

It’s definitely not a contention that the recent controversies surrounding Blizzard-Activision have severely affected the game and its community. As someone who roleplayed during the content droughts of both MoP and WoD, I don’t think I’ve ever seen the roleplay community as barren as it is right now. But that’s not to say there isn’t any roleplay going around! There’s still hundreds of people in Stormwind every night roleplaying, and I know Moon Guard Horde is trying its absolute hardest to keep the ball rolling despite the hit to player count. Your mileage may vary, but I can confidently say that roleplay is still around, just… lessened.

1 Like

They have a cream for that.

If you’re going back to Moon Guard, you’ll probably need it.

5 Likes

MG-H is still very small; there’s no covering for that. The level of activity in Orgrimmar varies by day and by hour and can be hit or miss, but there’s usually at least a few people in Valley of Honor in the evenings. That’s if you’re curious about walkup RP.

Otherwise, for guild RP or events, or requested interactions, things are pretty good. We’ve got a whole campaign coming up on the 16th that has had a lot of buildup in the community and has drummed up some excitement; you can find the forum post for it here: [H-RP] Battle of the Bilge - Coalition of the Horde RP Campaign

Coordination for it and many other things, along with just chill folks, can be found here in the Coalition of the Horde discord: https://discord.gg/T35KyqrZWQ

3 Likes

Hey Githnji. I know you’ve been around on MG-H for years, so welcome back (hopefully!) I remember you heavily involved in promoting that annual bikeathon event from Light’s Hope Chapel. Good ol’ days, huh?

As far as I can tell, MG-Horde is steady and improving. Great community and spirit. Plenty of room for someone keen and energetic to start a new guild or run an event. Most people are welcoming and friendly, especially if you’re willing to initiate (which I’m sure you are!). There are lots of channels for people to communicate and get involved.

I think the hardest part about MG-Horde compared to MG-Alliance is just that there’s not as much spectating to do. Mostly because of our smaller population, so there’s not as much room to pick and choose. A lot of people are wallflowers and just want to hang out where other people are roleplaying. If you want to roleplay on Horde side you just have to be a little braver, a little tougher. Talk to someone you don’t know. Be daring.

So, who’s up for the challenge?

6 Likes

I’ve not been back since July. as much as I would love to see which of my old friends here are still here; I can’t justify paying to play a game I’m no longer interested in. I would hope people still there can make the fun they can…

Though I am always open to having more folk join us in Epsilon. Lot of creative things going on there.

1 Like

I don’t know if I’ll return. Just kinda poking around and touch base with the community to see who is still around. Been kinda waiting to see how things develop and what the next x-pac is going to be.

2 Likes

I don’t think there is anything wrong with this! Most people are a bit “iffy” with the game right now. It’s good to see you around though!

1 Like

I was wondering when someone would say that… :rofl:

3 Likes