Getting started

I’ve been wanting to get back into Roleplaying after a long hiatus. The group I used to play with are no longer around. So I was wondering, what’s a good way of getting started?

5 Likes

A good way to start is praticing with a couple of friends and then branching out into the publics of Stormwind City and Roleplay events and praticing walk up rp, also joining MG discords to help learn about events is a good way to network as well here is the Mg dicords listing thread: MG Channel/Discord Server Listing Thread

3 Likes

Start with something simple and work from there, with that in mind as Alice made mention a good way to get back into the groove of things is by making friends who will help you get back in the swing of good old Roleplay and fun.

That Server Listing Thread will also help you get into contact with the overall community as well.

2 Likes

I’ll give the chat channels a try. Thanks!

2 Likes

Well you play a female so that’s a plus, fake les RP is hot right now.

It’s roleplay. Lighten up, Francis.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The only RP left is the Stormwind circle jerk, good luck

Some spicy replies there… General Stormwind socialization is certainly a thing, and it can even be a fun thing from time to time.

If you want to get back into RP, I’d start by asking yourself what kind of stories do you want to tell, and what kind of stories do you want to interact with. Once you know that, you can start looking for groups that cater to those needs.

Guilds or theme specific communities are a good place to find like minded individuals to interact with. Also, looking for RP events can give you a way to meet new people ICly, and start forming those connections that let you interact with others. when I ended up here playing my Draenei I wandered around aimlessly for a bit before eventually stumbling across the Starbound Vestige folks, and ended up joining up with them. Likewise I’ve found that even small events like Om Nom Noodles, or the Monday Market can provide a framework for meeting interesting people. Succulent Tart hosts a lot of neat themed events both here and on Wyrmrest Accord, including a lot of Cross-Faction events. Their Discord also acts as a good hub for finding out about RP events in general.

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, remember that RP is a cooperative venture. You want to tell your stories, and explore your character. So does everyone else that you interact with. Give them opportunities to do that, and enjoy getting to be a part of their stories as well as your own.

Good luck out there, and welcome back to RP. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oof, post-ERP blues mate?

Get your rocks off to a chick and found out it was a bloke?

Don’t worry, half the dudes are cuter than the chicks, you probably punched up.

2 Likes