Getting Started

I do not post much on the forums but figured this is the best way to get some information. I am looking into RP and starting a toon on MG. I just have no idea what I am doing or how it works. Everyone I know or played with has either quit the game or they only log on periodically. I have the RP addon and have a few ideas of backstory but am totally new. So, I’m basically asking for help and/or advice on how to even get involved in the community. I like the idea of a Rogue Mercenary or a Hunting/gatherer for one of the elf factions to supply materials for professions. Maybe even a Paladin of the light fighting for a noble cause and vanquishing anything that opposes the light. Just, how the hell do I even find an in to a guild or community dedicated to such ideas? Any advice is welcome. No ERP. I’m just looking to add a cool element to a game I already enjoy.

3 Likes

Welcome to MG and the world of roleplay! You already have what I consider the most important addon (there are few others also that are neat but you really got #1 imo and it’s a good place to start) and some ideas for your character. Sounds like you are well on your way. As far as where to find a guild or community, there’s another thread with the same inquiry here:

I posted a couple of discord links to servers that have guild recruitment events. You can also ask for suggestions/advice in there and people can point you to some guilds/communities.

Forum link to Grand Alliance Recruitment Fair:

Forum Link to SW Job Fair (not only for Stormwind guilds, just held in Stormwind)

Good luck! :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face: Thank you very much for the information. Exactly what I was looking for. In the process of creating my character as I type this! Maybe I’ll see you around and we can have drinks and laughs at a tavern of your choice! Take care. :blush:

1 Like

Another way to get into RP, if you are not ready to get into a guild is to go to events. There are many communities and projects for doing so. If you don’t mind RPing between alliance and horde characters, you could check out things Free Seas puts on.

You will want to stock up on Elixir of Tongues that are sold in Dalaran.

But the other thing I want to point out is you don’t need a backstory to get started. I have RPed Persefani for coughs 18 coughs years as of December 5th and she didn’t even have a backstory until a couple years ago. While “I don’t remember” amenisa story can be seen as tacky you could always just not want to talk about it. “The past is in the past” and change the story to your character’s current state and future goals. Which, after all, is what we are RPing for anyways. Right? Character growth. (Little louder for the people in the back.)

1 Like

If you are interested in night elf RP in particular, here is a community discord I would recommend! Community events etc are posted here, and you can find people asking for RP as well.

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you. Joined it and will be checking it out. I appreciate all the help.

1 Like

Excellent - so glad it is helpful. Another community I’d recommend is Talah’dorei. It’s for NE and while you can find guilds in there, it is open for people who have no guilds. Very very friendly people who host consisted events. They are the ones who inspired me to create a NE myself :smiling_face:

And I am always always up for meeting new people and making new friends - I’d be more than happy to hang out :sparkles:

Edit: forgot to add the link to the community lol (just remove the space)

https:// discord.gg/KhvtxAVQ

1 Like

Absolutely, I am busy the next couple of days but plan to dive in very soon so will for sure check all these out. Thanks for the help everyone. I also like the idea of living in the now btw, creating the story as I go. We will see what happens as I get more comfortable and involved. Also, I’m using my phone to post and can’t figure out how to reply directly to each message separately lol. Forgive me.

1 Like