Getting kicked out of BGs for trying to help (Your thoughts / experiences?)

sadly, there’s no shortage of stupid either

If I’m watching a base solo and I see our team leave a base empty I try to get kicked out.

1 Like

I do the same on alliance mostly. This happens to me in both PvP and PvE, I try to explain what to do and why. Try to paint the big picture of what happens when X and Y aren’t done. I get kicked for being “annoying”.

At this point, I am willing to say most people on alliance mostly are closed-minded and aren’t worth my time. Not the first bunch and not the last one either. Horde players I found to be far more receptive.

3 Likes

I find the less talking on Horde the better results you get. Just listing facts is good, for example “2 inc LM, need 1 for def”. Also if you want defenders for IBT, better results if you ask early, no one is turning around.

On the other hand, I find Alliance far less adaptable, and the more you teach, the better. “Call out incs early and how many are coming” or “We will hold these three but give up that one”. Horde just does it.

It seems more a matter of experience, but also Alliance is so quick to give up. I think the queue times really affect things; not waiting 20 mins means you are more liable to troll or complain or just move on to the next.

2 Likes

They are doing something new on the alliance side. This has been happening to me for the last week now. I’m a pain in the butt to people who are AFK and I get them kicked all the time. Now the shoe has turned and people are making 5 man multi boxers and kicking me as soon as the epic BG starts. I’ve reported one team but whoever it is keeps making another team and I keep getting kicked.

Do I deserve it? Not really. I play hard and if you are going to sit behind a freaking tree AFK all game then I am going to report you. Some kids can’t handle this so they keep making multi boxer team to kick me instantly.

Blizz wont do anything about it so screw it. I’ll change my name and they can kiss my sweet butt :sunglasses:

I used to do the same thing. I’ve never been kicked for it but it’s caused others to fight because like you said, 40 players/40 strats, and have been called every name in the book. I’ve decided to just shut up and follow the pack. Less headaches. If we win (which sometimes we do) I am reminded that it’s best that I wasn’t vocal, if we lose, it’s just another day on Alliance side.

Instead of telling people what to do in random BGs, I just ping the map a thousand times where our group should be at. Normally it works and no one knows who did it.

1 Like

I mostly listen to the person in charge, if there is anyone in charge of the BGs. I find it refreshing to see a leader lead. It also helps the team win or come close to winning. I do not care if they spam it, they are just trying to get the attention of people that really just should be playing PVE.

1 Like

Yeah, can not stand the AFKers on the battle ground or in dungeons/raids. I know sometimes their internet takes a hit and can not log in. I will give them a couple of minutes, until they have a dc sign. If they do not, I will report them after the time is expired.

Ive never had a group in epics listen to me. They just troll the entire time while following the same failed strats. The most curious responses ive been getting lately are “you arent raid leader” when the person who got lead hasnt said a word all match. Have to fight through all the afk debuffs and make sure im close to combat constantly if im trying to tell people where to go lol.

Literally never works. Confirmed too.

randoms wanting advice from good PvPers. what a joke LOL

I offer advice all the time and they tell me to screw off. randoms are bad

I lead from time to time (or at least try, when possible lol). When I do, I try and keep a positive vibe going. I say please, thank you, keep it up, etc. When someone ninjas something I say “gj ironnic”. I name healers crushing it out there VIP’s.

Unless i get excessive resistance I find it really helps. Everyone has a good time and we usually win. And if we don’t, you see more “dang, almost had it” more than “you all suck, turdlords.”

It’s the whole “be the change you want to see”. It actually works pretty often. In the Age of Superdesertion, keeping a positive vibe is your best weapon.

1 Like

Speaking of leading WG - whoever was leading the Alliance about 10 minutes ago (1:30am-ish EST), I salute him/her. They really kept me scratching my head with some out of the box early plays, and their group overall was super coordinated which was very obvious.

Very close match, only a little piece of scotch tape was keeping our door up when the timer ran out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Weird. Whenever I see dumb asses getting tunnel vision and ignoring objective, I usually respond by reminding them their mother should have aborted them. We have a delightful back and forth exchange about why his or her views are wrong, and mine are the holy scripture. We lose, I re Que and the cycle repeats.

1 Like

it seems to get better, I think there are more people who respond to good incs now… I haven’t had any issue lately which is good… FTH!!!

That’s quite the mog you’ve got there.

1 Like

lol. When I am running a flag and the entire team is blissfully ignorant while playing in mid, I start pinging map and occasionally a player will amble over and help protect me. Most of the time players don’t seem to understand or even care what the objective is.

Hey gorl we got matching outfits. I like mine because it shows off my chest hair and beautiful physique.

I was in a BG with you in the last couple days. I would never kick you for it, but you do tend to spam chat to the point that other messages may be overlooked.