Getting daggers from M+

I leveled up my rogue a couple weeks into the expansion and have run at least one key a week, if not 8, on the rogue since. I have not gotten one dagger to drop from the vault or from M+

Feels bad. I’d play my rogue more if it didn’t feel like getting a dagger was near-impossible (50+ runs farming the same 2 dungeons feels pretty impossible)

I wonder … are rogues’ statistic trend of being in the meta comp almost every season since I started doing M+ because so few people play them … and I wonder if so few people play rogues because it’s so hard to get a dagger?

And before you say it, yes I know I can craft daggers. Is that just the answer? if you don’t grind a ton of dungeons as rogue if you want to play sub you have to craft?

Definitely craft a dagger and lariat as your first 2 items, from there I’d craft a flaring cowl, offhand dagger, ring or w.e still missing. This is really how you should be spending the first 5 guaranteed sparks. Getting a weapon from M+ or vault is not that common, and by the time you get enough ratings to valor upgrade to 415, you should be able to farm 16s to recraft the dagger to 418.

4 Likes

100% crafting is the way to go. it will take alot of the hassle out of gearing.

1 Like

It’s definitely the solution for a main, but expensive for an alt. The reagents are over 13k gold at the auction house. I don’t really want to spend that and now the season is mostly done. All my other toons (8!) got weapons from dungeons. Why is it always such a process for rogue?

I think a new player to the game would be pretty frustrated

edit: I held my nose and made one dagger, but still need another to do sub

2 Likes

makes sense to wait and see what the s2 items are like, yeah.

1 Like