Getting a post Pinned?

Back in the day, if you wanted a post pinned for everyone to have easy access to (i.e. Shaysinn’s BB Guild Directory post, as a completely random and totally not what this post is all about…<< >>), we could actually report it and just say, “Reporting because this is important and we want it pinned.” It seems that ‘reporting’ has been automated so much that it’s only for bad things now. Anyone have any idea on how to get a forum mod/GM’s attention to get a post pinned?

1 Like

Try opening a ticket in game?

As I recall, the forum software now used (“new” forum) is a third party product. Some things like ignoring a specific poster are no longer available and Blizzard may not have enough control to add that functionality. Stickies apparently do not work the same way as they did in the past as they do with this vendor provided software. Some of the keyboard shortcuts (click the three vertical dots next to your avatar in the top right corner of the screen and the option is at the bottom of the dropdown that appears) that should work do not. As I posted elsewhere:

Other than the above, maybe asking again about stickies in the Website Bug Report forum? May not be the exact place needed to be posing that question but that’s my best guess.

I wonder if it’s like social media, where if a post asks for the thread to be pinned and everyone likes that post, it would be looked at.

Try doing that. Go to this post The BB Guild Directory - #31 by Allyria-bloodsail-buccaneers and like it.

Alternatively, they probably expect us to just bookmark threads we want to personally see. I haven’t seen a pinned post anywhere since these new forums appeared (that wasn’t a mod post).

There is one prominent one in Classic General Discussion but I’ve not run across others that I recall at the moment.

People kept asking for the pin and evidently CMs were keeping an eye out. Not sure that individual realm forums will get that sort of attention but it’s worth a try.