Get Your Legendary Cloak!

I have not, will not, do them on alts - because the remaining power progression for this xpac (built patch upon patch for the first time in WoW history) prevents me from playing 5 hours a day to have the alt ready to do content.

33 Likes

One of my guildies didn’t have it because he had no idea that it mattered for anything. Guy basically only PvPs and figured it was something for pve that he didn’t have to care about.

3 Likes

Sounds like you need to consider replacing the Walmart special setup you bought

2 Likes

Then… Don’t use corrupted gear…?

I’m sure she’d appreciate you funding it for her then, since you apparently have hundreds of dollars sitting around for a gaming PC and think it’s no issue.

21 Likes

Also hey blizz. If you have to make out of game posts to explain how something in the game works, that’s bad.

39 Likes

Lol. It’s an issue with the integrated Intel GPU in my laptop. It’s a very specific bug, one that Blizzard has had worked around for years now. But it seems like they’ve stopped working around this bug in hopes of forcing Intel/Apple to deal with it instead.

5 Likes

So it’s MacBook I’m assuming?

IMO it is technically not necessary to get the cloak if your not doing any major end game stuff… raids/mythics/etc… Believe me there are a good many folks who just do the odds and ends things and never touch the end game things!

Although the downside of 0 cloak is you can end up getting new items that are corrupted and you cant use them. Owell thankfully we have scrap o matics!

3 Likes

Uh huh. It was a gift, years ago. Had no need to get a different computer when it was serving me fine. :woman_shrugging:t3:

10 Likes

you are not clever

7 Likes

I mean… There’s MacBook pro and MacBook air (aka standard MacBook)

How was I supposed to know which is which she owns

Plus I heard the airs were the perpetrators anyway so…

Any way you can make this easier for alts?

I’ve done it twice now, I’m not looking forward to doing it more for the rest of my alts.

…can we get a “I’ve already heard this story” button please?

22 Likes

I really dont think this was worth the time to type out. Were on rank 12 already and websites like wowhead have guides already.

2 Likes

Why have you redefined Legendary to mean “story item that everyone obtains.”

I’m honestly just curious if we’ll ever see real Legendary items again.

13 Likes

I’ve done the quest chain to get the cloak to level 1 only for mementos so I can remove the corruption on any good piece of gear that drops. Have neither need nor interest in going further than that. I’ve done it for seven alts as it is tolerable when done in fits and starts.

5 Likes

That’s convenient.

Shame you can’t cut those steps down when you’ve already done them before.

6 Likes

Actually, this affects Pro too. Specifically, the 13-inch Pro.

So it’s not just the Air. 13-inch Pro (which is what I have) only has the integrated Intel. 15-inch Pro has the AMU, I think.

I don’t have mine, but mainly because I’ve pretty much checked out on the story in this patch.

6 Likes

This is really the only reason i do it on alts too, just so i can remove corruption from gear.

5 Likes